• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Download pending... Infinitely on Google play store

Search This thread

Circuitable

Apr 13, 2017
So I have a redmi note 7 which i purchased locally on a store in Europe (so I assume it a European or international Rom- not sure if this is important).
I'm using stock, never rooted/unlocked so far.
Everything seems to work fine
Set up the phone smoothly, no hassles
But... Whenever I'm using play store to download any app I keep getting stuck on "download pending" message..
Yes I did my research: every time I want to install or update something ( always through play store) the only thing that seems to work is to go to "app info"
And delete all app data.
Reopen the app wait for a couple of seconds and then install/update.
Which is frustrating after a certain point.
I'm sure there's a better, more permanent way...

Anyone?

Circuitable

Apr 13, 2017
try clear data app, and then delete your google account, open play store and login again when the application asks for it

Doesn't really work either...

But what I found to work is have wifi disabled-only data on then I have an option to "download now" and then turn on WiFi again and by a "miracle" the download continues...

Or when I download new apps while I have updates pending, I have to cancel the first "new" app for the updates to " kickstart" and then "reinstall" the above.

Kind of frustrating but
Most of the times this works

Circuitable

Apr 13, 2017
I think I found the bug or at least where its located... Kind of..
So whenever I'm trying to install a new app or update an existing one I get this "download pending" message..

First I stop the install/update them I go the "installed apps" on play store and I can still see some apps downloading pending despite I've just cancelled all downloads whatsoever...
Now I press the "x" to cancel the supposed update ( which never takes place because there's not an actual update) .
I notice that for a time period everytime I press the "x" some other installed apps randomly appear to "download pending".
After I start looking for all the reappearing "x" and pressing them then I go to the updates or the new app I want to install and proceed with installation without any further problems...
Until I have to install/update some time in the future...

Does this make any sense?

flanker_

Oct 12, 2017
I had same issue on Redmi Note 7, too. I had LineageOS 16 and Gapps Nano (via TWRP). I tried to resolve this problem with everything I could find on google. Finally I did it with refleshing Gapps but to version Micro.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    first check if there is any data caps on wifi or mobile networks , if not clear google play store data and it should work
    try clear data app, and then delete your google account, open play store and login again when the application asks for it