[DOWNLOAD] Samsung Galaxy Alpha AT&T (SM-G850A) KitKat & Lollipop Firmware

Which version of Android for this device do you think is better?

• Android Lollipop

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Android KitKat

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread
G

GuestX0024

NOTE: I NO LONGER SUPPORT THIS DEVICE, SO I MAYBE LIMITED ON THE NUMBER OF QUESTIONS I CAN ANSWER THAT ARE RELATED TO THE DEVICE!
EDIT: NOW REQUESTING TESTERS FOR THE BOC7 & BOC8 FIRMWARES (FILES NOT YET OBTAINED, SO I DO NOT RECOMMEND APPLYING ATM). NOT RECOMMENDED IF YOU USE YOUR ALPHA AS A DAILY DRIVER! BEFORE "APPLYING", YOU MUST...
-Understand and be okay with the high-ish possibility of having your device brick during/after flash.
-Understand that if something does go wrong, you cannot put the blame on me. Follow all safety instructions for flashing and it should work fine.
PM ME IF INTERESTED!

Here you can download the official KitKat and Lollipop firmware for the SM-G850A.

As of right now, the SM-G850A can no longer be rooted.

Download Links:
KitKat 4 File Firmware Download (G850AUCU1ANH8): https://mega.nz/#!q4YBEYya!vvBRgCaq7EAhtQoaauuGiOL4h9ZWC11KtiMIzX29gns
KitKat Combo Firmware Download (G850AUCU1ANH8): https://mega.nz/#!6kgGSDpa!JhjNMpsKwQqPqv5EAyqsWteKcSthVe8WBqNcxB2afJE
Lollipop 4 File Firmware Download (G850AUCU1BOC6): https://mega.nz/#!6swkzbhb!eNhUkZqvVcNthluHQe4Gkmpa4dkAdvEyYaZ-u3OSyrc
Lollipop Combo Firmware Download (G850AUCU1BOC6): https://mega.nz/#!fgZ0iTxJ!Pwh6Laa1EyLAFgYuqfwUzR9BfpgwCnMgRWTD1x1JZW4
Odin v3.12 Download: https://mega.nz/#!KsZiHKTb!aEHdQgO7JAQeUwdJWqS0xoR3lyJH4ieJ6qTbVKce8Zk

If the links go down or won't work for some reason, please let me know.

Developers Tip: If you want to flash firmware without wiping your data, make sure there is no pit file selected under the PIT tab in Odin, then extract and remove cache.img.ext4 then repack as a .tar file. Applies to both combo and 4 file firmware packages. In 4 file packages, cache.img.ext4 is in the CSC file. However, in some cases this may put your device in a bootloop.

Cheers!

Last edited:
G

GuestX0024

Sorry but... what is the diference between "4 file" and "combo"?

The simplest way to explain 4 file is in Odin, there are 4 firmware slots. The "4 File .rar package" has the correct file for each slot in Odin to flash. Example, extract the .rar package you (might have) downloaded, and you will see 4 .tar files and the pit file. So the BL_xxx_xxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxx_xxxxxx_HOME.tar file would go in the BL slot in Odin.

Combo is basically all of those files that would be in the 4 .tar archives put into one. If you choose to download this file, the .tar package must be flashed though the AP slot in Odin.

And the .PIT file would go under the PIT tab in Odin.
If you don't want to lose your data while flashing, you can do this:
-Don't use the pit file in Odin
--or--
-If you chose to download the 4 file firmware, don't flash the CSC file and don't use the pit file.
--or--
-if you chose to download the combo firmware, you can use 7zip (I recommend downloading it onto your pc if you don't have it already) to extract the archive and delete cache.img.ext4, then repack the remaining files (Except the pit file) into a new .tar archive.

Cheers! :D

Last edited:

ifgiovanni

Jun 19, 2015
The simplest way to explain 4 file is in Odin, there are 4 firmware slots. The "4 File .rar package" has the correct file for each slot in Odin to flash. Example, extract the .rar package you (might have) downloaded, and you will see 4 .tar files and the pit file. So the BL_xxx_xxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxx_xxxxxx_HOME.tar file would go in the BL slot in Odin.

Combo is basically all of those files that would be in the 4 .tar archives put into one. If you choose to download this file, the .tar package must be flashed though the AP slot in Odin.

And the .PIT file would go under the PIT tab in Odin.
If you don't want to lose your data while flashing, you can do this:
-Don't use the pit file in Odin
--or--
-If you chose to download the 4 file firmware, don't flash the CSC file and don't use the pit file.
--or--
-if you chose to download the combo firmware, you can use 7zip (I recommend downloading it onto your pc if you don't have it already) to extract the archive and delete cache.img.ext4, then repack the remaining files (Except the pit file) into a new .tar archive.

Cheers! :D

have a problem. The process dont continue of step "apnhlos". Can you help me?

ilive.co.in

Oct 31, 2015
How to flash Lollipop rom on alpha. I Don't know how to flash 4 files via Odin. I have G850A Unlocked from AT&T model.
What Are the Steps for Data wipe and all that kind of Stuff Please Explain me all the steps to flash the rom on my Alpha.
Whatsapp me on +919665958993

G

GuestX0024

How to flash Lollipop rom on alpha. I Don't know how to flash 4 files via Odin. I have G850A Unlocked from AT&T model.
What Are the Steps for Data wipe and all that kind of Stuff Please Explain me all the steps to flash the rom on my Alpha.
Open Odin and look to the right of the window, you will see 4 buttons, named "BL" "AP" "CP" and "CSC"
Extract the respective 4 file firmware from the downloaded .rar package to your desktop or downloads folder and open the folder once completed.

From there, you can insert the 4 .tar files into Odin. Once in Odin, click on the BL slot and navigate to the folder that contains the extracted files. Once there, select the tar file with the letters BL at the very beginning, and vice versa.

Example: BL_G850AUCU1BOC6_G850AATT1BOC6_LRX22G_HOME.tar (which is the bootloader files for lollipop firmware) would go under the BL slot in Odin.
Screenshot: https://mega.nz/#!2pZlGboI!M5YA2RGn0ufZ_bdVIFg6AD3xIH3iHg00JrAgHoo0OP8

If you downloaded the combo (all in one) firmware package, extract everything in the .rar file and place the .tar package under the AP slot in Odin, and if you want to perform a clean reset, make sure the .PIT file is under the PIT tab then PIT slot in Odin and make sure that "NAND Erase All" and "Re-Partition" is checked under the 'Options' tab.

Last edited:
G

GuestX0024

Also are you wanting to wipe your data or no?

G

GuestX0024

have a problem. The process dont continue of step "apnhlos". Can you help me?

I've tested all 4 of the firmware packages and each of them flashed no problem. What firmware version are you on right now? You can check that by going into Settings --> Device --> About Device.

ifgiovanni

Jun 19, 2015
Wiping data will be pointless if Odin can't flash the firmware completely. Did you test the lollipop firmware or the kitkat firmware?

First time with kitkat I left it all night and it didnt end.

I have disconnected the phone in the morning and not started, then I installed the bootloader (of lolipop) alone and it is doing well.

G

GuestX0024

I have disconnected the phone in the morning and not started, then I installed the bootloader (of lolipop) alone and it is doing well.

Try booting your phone into download mode then reflash the Lollipop bootloader in Odin (BL File goes under the BL slot for 4 file). If you are not wanting to wipe your data, and if you downloaded the 4 file firmware, you can simply reflash the lollipop bootloader files then afterwards go back into download mode then reflash the AP and CP file. The actual bootloader in the phone does allow the flashing of different firmware versions for the device so it sounds like a small bootloader issue.

G

GuestX0024

You also said that Odin was stuck on something during flash. Do you know what file was it stuck on (What file it said at the top left-hand corner of the Odin window)?

G

GuestX0024

Try a different usb port on your computer, and if the same thing happens, try a different usb cable or switch the ports again.

kevace1

Mar 22, 2009
New York City
Is it possible to root if the g850a is flashed back to kit kat? has any one tried to flash the TWRP recovery available on their website for the slte? is that only for the exynos version? and possible try rooting throgh there?

G

GuestX0024

Is it possible to root if the g850a is flashed back to kit kat? has any one tried to flash the TWRP recovery available on their website for the slte? is that only for the exynos version? and possible try rooting throgh there?

The G850A Has a locked bootloader, therefore, cannot run TWRP or any custom kernel or recovery.

Cheers!