Question Download stock ROM image for the Zenfone 8 in non-EU countries

Search This thread

bnsmb

Aug 22, 2017
Frankfurt
Hi

does anybody know where I can download a stock ROM image with Android 12 for the ASUS Zenfone 8 for non-EU countries (e.g. US, Canada)?

regards

Bernd

dohanin

Mar 26, 2011
Sony Xperia X Compact
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Hi

does anybody know where I can download a stock ROM image with Android 12 for the ASUS Zenfone 8 for non-EU countries (e.g. US, Canada)?

regards

Bernd
Global version (ww):

US and Canada versions are just the same (ww).
US:
Canada:

For other countries, just choose from bottom right corner.

bnsmb

Aug 22, 2017
Frankfurt
Global version (ww):

US and Canada versions are just the same (ww).
US:
Canada:

HI

thanks for the infos . I had overlooked that :

So the image used for the US is equal to the image for the EU

regards

Bernd

bnsmb

Aug 22, 2017
Frankfurt
WW/TW/EU/RU/IN/JP are same rom
just cn is diffence

Hi

I wanted to check with the image if the FM radio of the Zenfone 8 works with a ROM image for a non-EU country. So find out if the FM radio in the Zenfones for the EU is disabled by hardware or software (because I have not found a "definitive" statement on the net regarding this issue and my assumption was that the FM Radio was disabled by Software only)

But if the image for US and Europe is the same and the FM radio works in the USA but not in the EU then it is probably really disabled by hardware.

regards

Bernd

sunchau

Sep 16, 2010
Hi

I wanted to check with the image if the FM radio of the Zenfone 8 works with a ROM image for a non-EU country. So find out if the FM radio in the Zenfones for the EU is disabled by hardware or software (because I have not found a "definitive" statement on the net regarding this issue and my assumption was that the FM Radio was disabled by Software only)

But if the image for US and Europe is the same and the FM radio works in the USA but not in the EU then it is probably really disabled by hardware.

regards

Bernd
it base on what sim card insert

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 22

bnsmb

Aug 22, 2017
Frankfurt
Just tested with a SIM Card from a provider in UK : It does not work; neither with original Android 12 nor with OmniROM

Or is the FM Radio also disabled for Great Britain?

regards

Bernd

Just tested with a SIM card from a provider in the US (but again from within Germany) : FM Radio does not work using this card also neither with the Original Android 12 nor with OmniROM.

So I guess FM Radio yes or no is not dependent on the SIM card used -- probably it's enabled based on the Carrier used but that's something I can not test.

regards

Bernd

dohanin

Mar 26, 2011
Sony Xperia X Compact
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Just tested with a SIM card from a provider in the US (but again from within Germany) : FM Radio does not work using this card also neither with the Original Android 12 nor with OmniROM.

So I guess FM Radio yes or no is not dependent on the SIM card used -- probably it's enabled based on the Carrier used but that's something I can not test.

regards

Bernd
I highly doubt if it's dependent on sim card or carrier. My zenfone supports FM and even if I don't have sim card and any cellular network, FM radio still works.

I guess it's simple disabled in the hardware.

bnsmb

Aug 22, 2017
Frankfurt
I highly doubt if it's dependent on sim card or carrier. My zenfone supports FM and even if I don't have sim card and any cellular network, FM radio still works.

I guess it's simple disabled in the hardware.

hmm, may I ask in which country did you buy your zenfone? And do you use the international version of the ASUS ROM ?

I'm not sure how difficult it is to build Zenfones with and without FM enabled in the Hardware but I still hope it's only a software restriction

regards

Bernd