[DRIVER][UNOFFICIAL][11][STABLE][FINAL] Adreno 330 KLTE/ONYX Driver Pack From the Latest LineageOS 18.1 Build (12-19-2021)

Search This thread

The~Skater~187

Nov 4, 2011
Niantic
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
Working great on my S5 running Havoc Pie and my old kernel.

Attachments

• 20211223_084452.jpg
    20211223_084452.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71

Boatshow

Flashed with Magisk on lineage-18.1-20211219 and rebooted. Didn't expect a difference but the numbers went up in glmark2. :eek: Never used that tool before, don't know if it's beyond margin of error. If this isn't placebo free performance is always great, thanks! :cool:

I noticed the driver version numbers didn't change. So are the differences solely due to those magic blobs?

Before2.png

After3.png

Attachments

• Before1.png
    Before1.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Before3.png
    Before3.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 23
  • After1.png
    After1.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 24
  • After2.png
    After2.png
    107 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Flashed with Magisk on lineage-18.1-20211219 and rebooted. Didn't expect a difference but the numbers went up in glmark2. :eek: Never used that tool before, don't know if it's beyond margin of error. If this isn't placebo free performance is always great, thanks! :cool:

I noticed the driver version numbers didn't change. So are the differences solely due to those magic blobs?
Yes Sir! Magic blobs of binary goodness! Your welcome btw, I'm all about performance and unfortunately most new builds out there based on Lineage OS neglect the GPU driver! I guess if it shows a picture and doesn't crash, they don't care...

Also

librs_adreno.so
librs_adreno_sha1.so
libRSDriver_adreno.so

are now present in the OS.

Last edited:

BigPulco

Dec 30, 2019
Thanks for this drivers. I flashed with Magisk on lineage-18.1-20211219 and rebooted. Before this update glmark2 score was 178 and after update it is 190. Regards.

Edit (About 2 hours later) : Two hours later, when I wanted to write a message, I saw that the keyboard had disappeared. Google Keybord and AOSP Keyboard were present on the phone, and it was as if they were both absent. I restarted the phone, I uninstalled the latest GLMARK2 I installed, I restarted again than I cleared Dalvik and Cash memory and restarted again. Than I updated LinegeOS to the latest version.... none noticed. The keyboard had disappeared. I removed the installation from Magisk and restarted the phone. Keyboard back... Sorry

Last edited:
Thanks for this drivers. I flashed with Magisk on lineage-18.1-20211219 and rebooted. Before this update glmark2 score was 178 and after update it is 190. Regards.

Edit (About 2 hours later) : Two hours later, when I wanted to write a message, I saw that the keyboard had disappeared. Google Keybord and AOSP Keyboard were present on the phone, and it was as if they were both absent. I restarted the phone, I uninstalled the latest GLMARK2 I installed, I restarted again than I cleared Dalvik and Cash memory and restarted again. Than I updated LinegeOS to the latest version.... none noticed. The keyboard had disappeared. I removed the installation from Magisk and restarted the phone. Keyboard back... Sorry
If you flash lineage-18.1-20211219, you don't need this driver it's the same! The only difference is

librs_adreno.so
librs_adreno_sha1.so
libRSDriver_adreno.so

are present for older ROMs. MM 6.0.1+

If you were to flash lineage-18.1-20220109-nightly-klte-signed.zip and then this driver, it would be a downgrade!
This is just to improve things for older ROMs. Usually you only need to clear the Dalvik/Art Cache (For the VM and yes it's important); Clearing the System Cache can erase important files for the OS and leave you with a brick. It's not recommended, stop doing it.

Warning: the sepolicy.rule file of modules may be stored in the System Cache partition. DO NOT MANUALLY WIPE THE SYSTEM CACHE PARTITION!!!

Last edited:

craP_cillA

Jul 10, 2012
Clearing the System Cache can erase important files for the OS and leave you with a brick. It's not recommended, stop doing it.

Warning: the sepolicy.rule file of modules may be stored in the System Cache partition. DO NOT MANUALLY WIPE THE SYSTEM CACHE PARTITION!!!

so you're saying that we can't do a clean flash anymore?! oO

craP_cillA

Jul 10, 2012
i had never issues with magisk and clean flashing. and without a clean flash you can't even install another rom. for that you HAVE to wipe the system partition..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **** THIS DRIVER PACK IS ONLY FOR DEVICES RUNNING ****

BUILDS OLDER THEN

**** lineage-18.1-20211219 ****

BASED ROM'S OR MM 6.0.1+

IF YOU ARE RUNNING

**** lineage-18.1-20211219 ****

OR NEWER
    YOU DON'T NEED IT!!!

I decided to do some research and build an Adreno 330 Driver pack from the latest LineageOS Build.

I had been playing with Qualcomm's Adreno 330 developer preview drivers from June 2016 (Adreno-Nexus5-MOB30M.zip) and found that LineageOS is missing some LIBs that are included in the Qualcomm driver.

It looks like the following LIBs are missing in Lineage OS for KLTE and other Lineage variants such as RROS,

librs_adreno.so

librs_adreno_sha1.so

libRSDriver_adreno.so

They use different ones for new builds though. So...

I found the missing LIBs in the OnePlus X (Onyx) A3000, A3003 source and included them as well. They are also based on lineage-18.1-20211219 they stopped supporting the Onyx as of lineage-14.1-20181110 so...

librs_adreno.so

librs_adreno_sha1.so

libRSDriver_adreno.so

are now included as well.

Below you will find a KLTE/OnePlus X (onyx) A3000, A3003 Adreno 330 Lineage 18.1 Driver that works in LineageOS 10, RROS 10 and possibly other LineageOS variants. I would not try this on a stock ROM!. It's just the drivers for the video, the firmware and DRM component. So far it's the fastest Adreno 330 Driver I have found. I have tried all the other mods around, this one is the best. It will support MM V6.0.1+ and was tested working in Marshmallow. I installed it with Magisk and osm0sis's Adreno GPU Developer Preview Drivers plugin.

Magisk:

Download The Plugin in Magisk! This link is for reference:

***Do not rename the file or it will not install. It absolutely must be named "Adreno-Nexus5-MOB30M.zip," or the plugin will fail to install.*** (Yes you can just install it with TWRP. ***MAKE A FULL BACKUP FIRST!!!***)

It has to be in the root of your Internal Storage.

/storage/emulated/0

Then when you run the Magisk Module installer it will install it for you systemlessly.

If you have issues, boot to TWRP and delete the .zip then restart the phone.
    I just fixed an issue with not being able to flash in TWRP! Stupid Zips!!! Anyways it's working now. Sorry guys!
    Nice! No problem, I hope the performance is excellent?
    🔥:cool:🔥
    Super performance
    Yes, you have to be rooted with Magisk. You have to add the file to the root of your SD card.

/storage/emulated/0

Then when you run the Magisk Module "osm0sis's Adreno GPU Developer Preview Drivers," installer it will install it for you systemlessly.

You could also just flash it with TWRP but if there are issues it's permanent.
    For those who would like to try the driver, SD Card refers to the internal storage of your device.
    Download the package from the link above, move it to your phone storage. Go to Magisk and search for the Adreno GPU Developer Preview Drivers, choose it and press "Install". The installer will detect the downloaded package and install it. I personally tried on Samsung S5 KTLE SM-G900F, and it works.
    Working great on my S5 running Havoc Pie and my old kernel.