Question Driving App starting whenever I enable Bluetooth

Search This thread

mosio

Jan 22, 2009
Hi Guys,
I had no problem until recently, I have this issue that whenever I enable Bluetooth on my Pixel 6 the Driving app kicks in automatically. I don't have any bt devices connected nor I recall touching any settings to have that enabled.
Does anyone know how to disable this?
Screenshot_20220228-133634.png

mosio

Jan 22, 2009
Hmmm. Weird, mine stopped doing that. Maybe, it's Bluetooth triggerd or, alternatively, by something running in the background, for example, Waze?
Found the culprit - it was an internet radio app which was forcing that behavior. That's a bit crazy because I had not granted any permissions to that app, yet it triggered another mode 🤯

Reactions: strikey17

bdkks

Mar 21, 2023
Go to setting>search "android system" on the search bar > select "android system" saying " app info " at the bottom" > select "notification" under android system > make it unchecked the " car mode"> now it is done.
Screenshot_20230321-194347.png

The_Bush

Oct 16, 2022
Go to setting>search "android system" on the search bar > select "android system" saying " app info " at the bottom" > select "notification" under android system > make it unchecked the " car mode"> now it is done.View attachment 5868739
Just replying here since I have the same problem and wanted to say DO NOT DO THIS!

I made this mistake a day or two ago. The problem is driving mode is still enabled even if the notification is gone, which disables tap to wake and the screen timeout stuff. The only way to fix it is to hit the notification to close whatever app it is or find the app (which I've been this far unsuccessful in doing.)

ksc91u

May 22, 2010
Kaoshiung
Found the app that keeps turning on CarMode.

Here is how, you need install adb and turn on develop mode.

• Turn off bluetooth and driving mode
  • adb logcat|grep -i handleCarModeChange
  • When driving mode appears, click notification to disable it.
You will see

Telecom : InCallController: handleCarModeChange: packageName=com.radiolight.japon, priority=0, isCarMode=true: SSH.oR@3zU
Telecom : InCallController: handleCarModeChange: not a valid InCallService; packageName=com.radiolight.japon: SSH.oR@3zU

For me, uninstall com.radiolight.japon (Radioworld FM) fixed everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaitsu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hmmm. Weird, mine stopped doing that. Maybe, it's Bluetooth triggerd or, alternatively, by something running in the background, for example, Waze?
    Found the culprit - it was an internet radio app which was forcing that behavior. That's a bit crazy because I had not granted any permissions to that app, yet it triggered another mode 🤯
    Found the app that keeps turning on CarMode.

Here is how, you need install adb and turn on develop mode.

• Turn off bluetooth and driving mode
    • adb logcat|grep -i handleCarModeChange
    • When driving mode appears, click notification to disable it.
    You will see

Telecom : InCallController: handleCarModeChange: packageName=com.radiolight.japon, priority=0, isCarMode=true: SSH.oR@3zU
    Telecom : InCallController: handleCarModeChange: not a valid InCallService; packageName=com.radiolight.japon: SSH.oR@3zU

For me, uninstall com.radiolight.japon (Radioworld FM) fixed everything.