Drm after unlocking

Search This thread

BossMafia2

Jun 15, 2010
I remember seeing some things posted around the forums about the unlocker tool removing the drm keys after unlocking the tablet, making it impossible to use apps like Netflix and hulu, as well as some other purchased content. I was wondering if this was still true, and if so, is there a way to back them up before unlocking. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

pbrauer

Jun 25, 2007
Lexington, SC
I use OTA Rootkeeper, which allows me to temporarily remove the Root access, which allows me to use DRM content like Google Movies.

I remember seeing some things posted around the forums about the unlocker tool removing the drm keys after unlocking the tablet, making it impossible to use apps like Netflix and hulu, as well as some other purchased content. I was wondering if this was still true, and if so, is there a way to back them up before unlocking. Thanks in advance.

_that

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Oct 2, 2012
I use OTA Rootkeeper, which allows me to temporarily remove the Root access, which allows me to use DRM content like Google Movies.

Have you unlocked? Devs said that unlocking removes some DRM keys permanently from the device.

dalex7777

Feb 4, 2010
Houston

I was surprised to see this post, as one of the first things I did after I got my refurbed TF700t from Amazon was to unlock and root it. I've never had any issues with DRM except with the frequent need to re-install Adobe Flash which likes to go AWOL, in order to get Amazon video working.

I am running Hulu+ and I don't have any problems on my unlocked device. I am still on the shipping ICS ROM, 9.4.5.22-20120615 as this is my first Tegra device and I've found the NVflash instructions daunting. Or is it I just prefer tweaking my EVO LTE as I _need_ that device to work right on a day to day basis and my Infinity is my "play" device.

DRM works for me, just sayin'.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
I was surprised to see this post, as one of the first things I did after I got my refurbed TF700t from Amazon was to unlock and root it. I've never had any issues with DRM except with the frequent need to re-install Adobe Flash which likes to go AWOL, in order to get Amazon video working.

I am running Hulu+ and I don't have any problems on my unlocked device. I am still on the shipping ICS ROM, 9.4.5.22-20120615 as this is my first Tegra device and I've found the NVflash instructions daunting. Or is it I just prefer tweaking my EVO LTE as I _need_ that device to work right on a day to day basis and my Infinity is my "play" device.

DRM works for me, just sayin'.

Ok, this is new!! what version of Hulu+ you're running?? the latest? The only thing I can think of is that DRM is not used in the early version (like no way to check DRM from Hulu+), however, on JB, after unrooted, I would say most or all can no longer watch Hulu+ from the market anymore. Is it possible to upload your lib files here? I would like to install the lib files from the ICS v.22 to see if the theory is correct.

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
Ok, this is new!! what version of Hulu+ you're running?? the latest? The only thing I can think of is that DRM is not used in the early version (like no way to check DRM from Hulu+), however, on JB, after unrooted, I would say most or all can no longer watch Hulu+ from the market anymore. Is it possible to upload your lib files here? I would like to install the lib files from the ICS v.22 to see if the theory is correct.

+1