• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Droid Won't Boot. Stuck At M Logo

Search This thread

Racing666

Jun 7, 2011
I am looking at a phone for a friend of mine. It's a original Droid. It will not boot to the OS, it just sits at the M logo for hours and hours. I have got it into recovery mode by powering on and holding up on the D pad. I then used RSD Lite to reflash VZW_A855_FRG01B_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE_01 to it. It says it finished and passed, but still sits at the M logo. Any ideas?

BradlyeG

Feb 18, 2013
So i hope someone responds to this.
My og Droid is stuck at the M logo. i can get into bootloader and Clockworkmod revoery mode, but i cant actually boot into the OS.
So when i first got it a few days ago, i did a factory reset. I then rooted it, which worked, and then installed rom manager. i made a back up twice to be sure, then tried to flash to Kfazz's Jellybean ROM. It said success, but after that i was in a boot loop. I read on how to fix this, but adb wont find the device until it is in the OS, so i popped out the battery and restored from my backup, but now it just stays at the M logo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Erovia

Sep 16, 2012
The M logo is the bootloader's logo. Since the droid has unlocked bootloader it is possible that something messed it up.

Can you restore the stock bootloader?

BradlyeG

Feb 18, 2013
The M logo is the bootloader's logo. Since the droid has unlocked bootloader it is possible that something messed it up.

Can you restore the stock bootloader?

Is it? I hit up on the d-pad and that says bootloader on it. You may be right as i am new to ths and will try that out after i eat. Thank you for the quick reply!

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Is it? I hit up on the d-pad and that says bootloader on it. You may be right as i am new to ths and will try that out after i eat. Thank you for the quick reply!

So i tried it and im not actually sure how to reset the bootloader. Thanks again and any help is always apprecieated.

Go into recovery and wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache. Then try and boot it up. If that fails download a new rom wipe everything above again, then flash the new rom, the m logo is not the bootloader nothin u did had anything with the bootloader. I have this problem once in a when flashin a kernel or new rom

Sent from my Droid using xda premium

Last edited:

BradlyeG

Feb 18, 2013
Go into recovery and wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache. Then try and boot it up. If that fails download a new rom wipe everything above again, then flash the new rom, the m logo is not the bootloader nothin u did had anything with the bootloader. I have this problem once in a when flashin a kernel or new rom

Sent from my Droid using xda premium

Thank you so much for the info. Wiping all the above did not work, so i am going to flash to a new rom. Thanks again!!

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Thank you so much for the info. Wiping all the above did not work, so i am going to flash to a new rom. Thanks again!!

Holy hedgehogs it freakin worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least i think. It got past the m logo and is doong some weird boot animation

BradlyeG

Feb 18, 2013
just wipe everything before before flashing new rom cm7 is pretty stable, and there is steel droid thats still active

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

if you made it to the boot animation then you should be good, just let me know

I actuLly used CM9, but i cant get the touch screen or touch buttons to work. I may just have to use a different build, or roll back to an ealier cm build.