Droidwall

Search This thread

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
Would this method (for samsung galaxy Y, which is, if I understand correctly, identical to the S5830I) work to get Droidwall/Iptables to function correctly? (or if there are easier alternatives)
If not, is there any way to get it to work?

Thanks a lot

vago901

Dec 27, 2009
I agree with the question, as we work to us to Droidwall device??

sorry for my English. :D
salu2 from Colombia

GermainZ

Aug 3, 2012
Hey guys,
Since no one seems to know, I just decided to test it and let you all know the result ^^

I downloaded mikstev_add_initd_to_boot.img__kernel_modules_initd_scripts_for_droidwall_v2.zip from that thread and copied modules_droidwall_signed.zip inside of it to the SD card. I then rebooted in recovery mode, applied CWM and installed modules_droidwall_signed.zip using it.

Droidwall still gives an error ("Error applying iptables rules. Exit code:11 iptables v1.4.10 iptables: No chain/target/ match by that name").
So slight update to the original question: is there any way to get droidwall to work?

Rafael.Baugis

Apr 21, 2011
Salto Grande
Hey guys,
Since no one seems to know, I just decided to test it and let you all know the result ^^

I downloaded mikstev_add_initd_to_boot.img__kernel_modules_initd_scripts_for_droidwall_v2.zip from that thread and copied modules_droidwall_signed.zip inside of it to the SD card. I then rebooted in recovery mode, applied CWM and installed modules_droidwall_signed.zip using it.

Droidwall still gives an error ("Error applying iptables rules. Exit code:11 iptables v1.4.10 iptables: No chain/target/ match by that name").
So slight update to the original question: is there any way to get droidwall to work?

Droidwall works in my Kernel.
Only need this modules.

Attachments

• modules_droidwall_signed.zip
    353.8 KB · Views: 464
Reactions: Kabeca and schakusa

Kabeca

Jul 17, 2012
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1344093694978.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344093694978.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 333

GermainZ

Aug 3, 2012
Only need this modules.
Rafael.Baugis, here's what I did:

1- Unrooted my phone and rebooted.
2- Downloaded both attachments here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=24264713&postcount=2
3- Copied both zips to SD Card. Turned off phone.
4- Rebooted in recovery mode (Home+Power+Volume Up)
5- Using CWR, installed 20120710-2146-CWM-boot.img-modules.zip, then modules_droidwall_signed.zip and rebooted.
6- Ran Droidwall and tried to enable firewalls. Got the same error (for pic, see post#7)

Anything I'm doing wrong?

Qeemi

May 31, 2012
Rieti
Wipe dalvik cache and cache partition,then flash the module. Works fine for me :)

Inviato dal mio GT-S5830i con Tapatalk 2

GermainZ

Aug 3, 2012
Wipe dalvik cache and cache partition,then flash the module. Works fine for me :)

Inviato dal mio GT-S5830i con Tapatalk 2

Same result.

EDIT: Nevermind. Wasn't wiping dalvik cache. Bricked my phone, probably did something wrong, will try again after recovery.

Last edited:

Rafael.Baugis

Apr 21, 2011
Salto Grande
retribution rom use su binaries in folder /system/xbin --- need remove complet su su-v1 su-v2 su-v3 etc...

delete all files in folder /system/xbin and reboot to CWM.

aply kernel package and reboot to CWM.

aply the droidwall modules and reboot.

check if root is working and try droidwall rules.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kabeca

GermainZ

Aug 3, 2012
After flashing original PDA using Odin, I installed your custom kernel using CWM, rebooted, rebooted into CWM again, installed the module and... wait for it... IT WORKS!
Thanks a lot, all of you! :D

vago901

Dec 27, 2009
retribution rom use su binaries in folder /system/xbin --- need remove complet su su-v1 su-v2 su-v3 etc...

I worked perfectly thanks rafael

Greetings from Colombia:D

Gambinoh

Aug 5, 2012
Hi, my current Android version is 2.3.6 (GINGERBREAD.BVLD3) with 2.6.35.7 kernel.

Can i install Rafael's kernel in my device?

My idea is doing the same than GermainZ...

1- Unrooted my phone and rebooted.
2- Downloaded both attachments here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=24264713&postcount=2
3- Copied both zips to SD Card. Turned off phone.
4- Rebooted in recovery mode (Home+Power+Volume Up)
5- Using CWR, installed 20120710-2146-CWM-boot.img-modules.zip, then modules_droidwall_signed.zip and rebooted.
6- Ran Droidwall and tried to enable firewalls.

Last edited:

Gambinoh

Aug 5, 2012
You can :D just need to use ClockworkRecovery wipe dalavik data (in advanced) after it has been flashed.

When I apply update from sdcard with ClockworkRecovery for the file 20120710-2146-CWM-boot.img-modules.zip the system gives me an error (E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 2) Installation aborted).

Somebody knows why happens this error?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

Only need this modules.