Dropped phone - trying to recover the data

Search This thread

plshelpmepls

May 15, 2022
Hi all,

Dropped my phone and the phone stopped responding. I tried replacing the screen but this made no difference.

Since the phone was just not turning on at all (no sort of response), I tried to replace the charging port after (after the drop, the sim card tray was damaged so thought the issue might be around here).

After I replaced the charging port, I managed to get the notfication light flashing (with a power source) and now it is solid.

When I connect it to my PC, I hear the notification sound when a device has been connected but unable to view any files or see it show in my PC.

I feel like I'm close to getting the phone working but not quite there yet. I am mainly interested in just recovering the data.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Miki200_

May 15, 2022
Redmi Note 9 Pro
In this case, you need a screen, either on the phone itself, or an external one, and a mouse to navigate the options, if you manage to get the screen to work, enable USB debugging, run adb devices, if your phone shows up as a device (reference screenshot:
1652613943399.png
), you can run adb pull /sdcard/ to copy all the files from it to your PC, but if it shows up as unauthorized (reference screenshot:
1652613892263.png
), you need to allow usb debugging on the phone, then run adb pull /sdcard/ to copy the data.

And remember for the sake of god NEVER use MTP if you're copying more than one small file at a time, as it is known to corrupt large files, or large quantities of files, if you do not want corruption use adb pull

plshelpmepls

May 15, 2022
Dropped my phone and it stopped working. Replaced screen, still doesn't work. Replace charging port and notification light started blinking and turned solid though I don't see it anymore.

But the phone connects to the PC - I just can't access the phone. Using ADB I get a serial number followed by unrecgonised.

What can I use for this phone to get some sort of display, and something to control? Based in UK so any UK links would be appreciated.

Miki200_

May 15, 2022
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Dropped my phone and it stopped working. Replaced screen, still doesn't work. Replace charging port and notification light started blinking and turned solid though I don't see it anymore.

But the phone connects to the PC - I just can't access the phone. Using ADB I get a serial number followed by unrecgonised.

What can I use for this phone to get some sort of display, and something to control? Based in UK so any UK links would be appreciated.
Well, unrecognized means ADB does not even know what type of device is that, that's not good.
Any dock for a macbook using USB-C should work, as for proper stuff:
These two should also work with it.

plshelpmepls

May 15, 2022
Well, unrecognized means ADB does not even know what type of device is that, that's not good.
Sorry, not sure why I said unrecognised - I get unauthorised like you mentioned before. Will try these options, thank you.

plshelpmepls

May 15, 2022
Are you sure these work? I have another working 9T pro and cannot get any display. I'm using https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PPGWQ15/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1