Search This thread

ikon_pt

Nov 20, 2011
ive installed cygwin but when i call ./menu the answer is
"scripts/check_binaries: line 22: clear: command not found"

Error: The application 'clear' is not installed. The kitchen
will not function properly without it. Refer to the
FAQ for the Android Kitchen at xda-developers.com for
assistance on installing the binary for 'clear'.
but on the terminal when i call Ctr+L it cleans the window.
am i doing something wrong ??

dsixda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
You just quoted the answer to your question! I thought I made the error messages easy enough to understand.

There is an answer to that same question in the FAQ and it has been asked several times in the thread if you search.

Last edited:

ikon_pt

Nov 20, 2011
believe me, ive done some research before posting...
my big wall is that i dont understand dev or prog logical spelling and i am not english as you can see by my flag.
even on some threads that i read, user cant get a specific answer because helpers and users always point for faq .

dsixda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
my big wall is that i dont understand dev or prog logical spelling and i am not english as you can see by my flag.
even on some threads that i read, user cant get a specific answer because helpers and users always point for faq .

This is not an excuse. You don't need to understand development/programming or even fluent English to install Cygwin. The specific answer to your exact question is in the Android Kitchen FAQ, it's not there so that somebody can get you off his back. The FAQ is there in simple English and its purpose to stop questions like this being asked a hundred times and cluttering up the forums and wasting my time answering the same thing over and over. I didn't spend all that time working on answering the questions for nothing. I'm trying to make the kitchen instructions and errors as descriptive and helpful as possible to the user yet somehow it makes it harder for you.

In brief, simply open up the readme file and make sure you followed the cygwin instructions correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: DSA

ikon_pt

Nov 20, 2011
I'm sorry. did not want to undervalue your efforts and your work.
was having a bad day and did not pay real attention to your work.
is true, everything is the way it is explained, and followed to the letter, we have a kitchen completely furnished and ready to cook.
a true thank you for your work and hope to continue to have your news.

ruslankin

Feb 19, 2013

You just quoted the answer to your question! I thought I made the error messages easy enough to understand.

There is an answer to that same question in the FAQ and it has been asked several times in the thread if you search.

calm down ..is it so hard to answer...blabla iam developer

koklimabc

Dec 18, 2012
browse to https://github.com/dsixda/Android-Kitchen , download as zip and extract it to C:\cygwin\home\user (assume its install location)

working only on x64 version based PC only.

rename your extracted folder to kitchen

before make sure cpio,perl,ncurses,wget,zip,unzip,gcc has installed from cygwin setup.

cd kitchen
./menu

amit34521

Dec 20, 2012
Vadodara
solution

if you downladed the packages from external source then while installing cygwin when a list of apps appears on top left of list search for default and keep clicking on it until install appears. it will solve the 'clear' problem. if still persists contact me. hit thanks if i helped.

japok

Nov 29, 2013
City of San Fernando
Cygwin not working

Hello guys. I have done what you have said in regards with the installation (installed correct 32bit java, click install instead of default, and downloaded half url package in cygwin installation wizard) however it keeps showing the Error: The application 'clear' is not installed .

Any other solutions you can think of?

Thanks!

SWisaiahAG

May 18, 2012
if you downladed the packages from external source then while installing cygwin when a list of apps appears on top left of list search for default and keep clicking on it until install appears. it will solve the 'clear' problem. if still persists contact me. hit thanks if i helped.
After hours of searching only one that helped .. thanks =))

ankz619

Sep 29, 2014

Android Kitchen FAQ at xda-developers.com for further assistance.

This is the problem i am getting too....and i cant find the solution for this too....please help mee.... i m totally new

G

GuestD3007

answering the question?

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

ironman6626

Jul 28, 2012
appreciate your unselfishness

Thank you!..i too overlooked this step and you quickly resolved my issue.....:eek:

Mahi01127

Sep 22, 2015

Clear not found fix.....
Need to download packages
1)Ncurses...download all your required its --a clear application
2)wget...debug, perl ,Utils , web download all
3) zip.....I download all default
4)cpio ....archive debug and Utils
Open cyngwin setup and download above packages
Secondly your java version should be 1.7.***
I solve this problem......... check for you!!
Please hit thanx ....if it helps:good::cool:

Reactions: pedro_perez90

jonnyszt

Sep 28, 2015
Montreal
Clear not found fix.....

For me it didn't work, i try everything and it stills gives me the same message of clear.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    solution

I'm sorry. did not want to undervalue your efforts and your work.
    was having a bad day and did not pay real attention to your work.
    is true, everything is the way it is explained, and followed to the letter, we have a kitchen completely furnished and ready to cook.
    a true thank you for your work and hope to continue to have your news.

This is not an excuse. You don't need to understand development/programming or even fluent English to install Cygwin. The specific answer to your exact question is in the Android Kitchen FAQ, it's not there so that somebody can get you off his back. The FAQ is there in simple English and its purpose to stop questions like this being asked a hundred times and cluttering up the forums and wasting my time answering the same thing over and over. I didn't spend all that time working on answering the questions for nothing. I'm trying to make the kitchen instructions and errors as descriptive and helpful as possible to the user yet somehow it makes it harder for you.

In brief, simply open up the readme file and make sure you followed the cygwin instructions correctly.

Clear not found fix.....