• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

DSP Manager Equalizer for Android

Search This thread

jelive

Nov 7, 2008
San Antonio, Tx.
HTC U11
A stand alone equalizer. It works by default for all sound and can be disabled, if desired. This version allows independent equalizer for the headphone, speaker, and bluetooth. (New GB apk version contains additional settings.) I am not the DSP Manager dev…just making it available for those whose ROM doesn't include and would like to try and see if it works for them.

Should work on many ROMs and newer phones. You must be Rooted…Make a Nand Backup…I’m not responsible for problems...YMMV

For Froyo: Flash zip file like ROM, kernel, theme, etc. The proper Froyo library files will be added along with the app. Suggest you wipe cache and dalvik cache. If you have an older version in my test it appears you can flash over it and it will overwrite older files and update it. As always recommend NAND backup first.

For Gingerbread: Install apk file. Newer Android GB ROMs (appears to work up through GB 2.3.5) are no longer dependent on audio library files to be added to get DSP working. You should be able to just install a DSP apk to get it working. I've attached an apk. Do Not Use the Zip...that's for Froyo ONLY. As always recommend NAND backup first.

Credit to:
DSP Manager Dev http://bel.fi/~alankila/android-dsp/

Attachments

• DSPManager.zip
    94 KB · Views: 34,545
  • screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 18,536
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 20,977
  • screen3.jpg
    screen3.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 16,300
  • DSPManager.apk
    34.9 KB · Views: 57,508
Last edited:

Max_Pain

Oct 29, 2006
Miami, FL
i dont think for my kind of usage an equalizer will make much difference...BUT, i'm interested in being able to raise the volume of the speaker...is that something I can get done with this app? and if so, can the volume really be increased any noticeable amount without risking damaging the speaker?
thanks in advance!:D

davebu

Dec 28, 2007
Chicago
gonna give it a whirl on a few different sound systems, never use headphones though so don't know how helpful this will be.

riassan

Jan 6, 2008
Pennsylvania
yes actually if you check out Vaelpak it has been using this in the last few updates before it showed up in EVIO 1.3. so if you are looking for it w/bluetooth its in that rom. try it out or at least thats were a newer version is available

jelive

Nov 7, 2008
San Antonio, Tx.
HTC U11
i dont think for my kind of usage an equalizer will make much difference...BUT, i'm interested in being able to raise the volume of the speaker...is that something I can get done with this app? and if so, can the volume really be increased any noticeable amount without risking damaging the speaker?
thanks in advance!:D

You could raise the gain to increase "apparent" volume but with these tiny speakers probably shouldn't do too much.

Jim

Last edited:

jelive

Nov 7, 2008
San Antonio, Tx.
HTC U11
Is there a newer version that works over Bluetooth?

Yes there is a newer version which includes bluetooth...if someone has a newer stand alone version I'll upload it here for all.

yes actually if you check out Vaelpak it has been using this in the last few updates before it showed up in EVIO 1.3. so if you are looking for it w/bluetooth its in that rom. try it out or at least thats were a newer version is available

Several ROMs are including it...I just wanted to make available as a stand alone for those not wanting to flash a whole new ROM just to get DSP.

Jim

myn

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2007

I think this will make it's way into Warm TwoPointTwo RLS2.

A very very needed utility for Android :)

jelive

Nov 7, 2008
San Antonio, Tx.
HTC U11

I think this will make it's way into Warm TwoPointTwo RLS2.

A very very needed utility for Android :)

Since you know how to do this stuff with ROM building you may want to go to devs site http://bel.fi/~alankila/android-dsp/ and get newest source http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_DSPManager. That even includes equalizer for bluetooth devices. If you do and could create a flashable zip with the newest version sure would like to have to post here for others to use as a stand alone. :D

Jim

Last edited:

Max_Pain

Oct 29, 2006
Miami, FL
Installed and working fine on headset...will try out speaker when I get out of the library.

In the meantime...how can I uninstall this? After flashing it pandora force closes and won't open at all. Need to uninstall to diagnose what is causing the problem...

If I have to pick dsp or pandora I pick pandora!

Swyped from an HTC Evo on MetroPCS...

jelive

Nov 7, 2008
San Antonio, Tx.
HTC U11
Installed and working fine on headset...will try out speaker when I get out of the library.

In the meantime...how can I uninstall this? After flashing it pandora force closes and won't open at all. Need to uninstall to diagnose what is causing the problem...

If I have to pick dsp or pandora I pick pandora!

Look in first post...depends on whether you relied on nand backup or did manual backup of appropriate file.

Jim

Max_Pain

Oct 29, 2006
Miami, FL
Ha I did neither....but I had just backed up my whole rom yesterday so I'll put back the file when I get home and see if that fixes pandora

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A stand alone equalizer. It works by default for all sound and can be disabled, if desired. This version allows independent equalizer for the headphone, speaker, and bluetooth. (New GB apk version contains additional settings.) I am not the DSP Manager dev…just making it available for those whose ROM doesn't include and would like to try and see if it works for them.

Should work on many ROMs and newer phones. You must be Rooted…Make a Nand Backup…I’m not responsible for problems...YMMV

For Froyo: Flash zip file like ROM, kernel, theme, etc. The proper Froyo library files will be added along with the app. Suggest you wipe cache and dalvik cache. If you have an older version in my test it appears you can flash over it and it will overwrite older files and update it. As always recommend NAND backup first.

For Gingerbread: Install apk file. Newer Android GB ROMs (appears to work up through GB 2.3.5) are no longer dependent on audio library files to be added to get DSP working. You should be able to just install a DSP apk to get it working. I've attached an apk. Do Not Use the Zip...that's for Froyo ONLY. As always recommend NAND backup first.

Credit to:
    DSP Manager Dev http://bel.fi/~alankila/android-dsp/
    crap....submitted twice..sry
    Thanks id like totry this.

Edit.. It bootlooped on newest burnt droid rom.

Sent from my netarchy_toast, froyo beast of a machine evo!
    Pics of my setup.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    says line error :/ no bueno maybe should have been tested more before post

Yeh, I should have tested every phone and ROM combo out there to make sure it worked for EVERYONE...I clearly said I am not the Developer and to Nand backup.