• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

DSP Manager: how to?

Search This thread

scutworker

Jan 5, 2010
In several places in the forums I see DSP manager mentioned as a way to change the sound output from the phone.

It is possible to use the .apk file or flash the .zip file to a stock firmware that is rooted (no other changes), or does it have to be applied to a custom rom?

Ta.

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Trying via headphones? As I doubt you'd notice from the internal speaker

Other than that I can't help, have no issues personally

ilya.glants

Aug 1, 2010
Hi, I flashed the DSP from recovery and rebooted. Installation was successful but I can't find the app anywhere in my phone? where do I see it?

Last edited:

ilya.glants

Aug 1, 2010
SOLUTION

Hi, I flashed the DSP from recovery and rebooted. Installation was successful but I can't find the app anywhere in my phone? where do I see it?

For anyone else having this problem:

I didn't find the app I installed so I searched the net for other installation files, and found this:
h ttp://androidforums.com/1446319-post107.html

after I flashed this and rebooted, I got a 'force close' notification for the app. Than I went to /system/app/DSPManager.apk and installed it.

DSP Manager now working great ^^

Reactions: dricher

ChesterZZ

May 29, 2008
I did as u said but it gives me a force close and when i try to install it i cant cause its already installed, cant uninstall it either, what should i do ? BTW I'm using AuraxTSense v7.4

Last edited:

ChesterZZ

May 29, 2008
Yes, first I installed that one, it didn't work, then I installed the other. Is that the problem ? I thought so... so how should I fix it ?

ilya.glants

Aug 1, 2010
I don't know.. i just rebooted my device and it gave me the force close again. so I did what I did the previous time and ran that app from the location I wrote.. worked like a charm.. again..

ChesterZZ

May 29, 2008
I don't know.. i just rebooted my device and it gave me the force close again. so I did what I did the previous time and ran that app from the location I wrote.. worked like a charm.. again..

I installed the other zip again, gave me a force close so went to system/app and tried to install it but I can't, only have the options uninstall and launch... No idea why is it working for you and not for me...:confused:

EDIT: Ok it works now, had to remove first the odex file and install the other zip again :)

Last edited:

j0nt1e

Sep 17, 2010
Update DSP Manager

You can remove the DSPManager.apk file using the terminal emulator.
NOTE: You need to have a rooted phone, Superuser & Terminal emulator.

STEPS
1. Change to root user it is granted super-user permissions.
su -​
2. Then change to the system app directory.
cd /system/app​
3. Then move the DSPManager.apk to the tmp directory.
mv DSPManager.apk /tmp​
4. Move the new apk file to the system app directory.
NOTE: Change to the directory where the DSPManager_1.0.apk is.
cp DSPManager_1.0.apk /system/app​
5. Reboot the phone.
6. Check in the apps list and the new DSP Manager should be in there.
NOTE: If it all worked you can remove the DSPManager.apk from /tmp
rm /tmp/DSPManager.apk​

Attached is the version I use on my rooted HTC Desire.

Attachments

• DSPManager_1.0.apk
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,088

B-Man2005

Feb 1, 2009
Wildeshausen
doesnt get android to work on my hd 2... i managed it once but since i updated my android build i dont get it anymore...

i think it because i dont have an root folder in the android folder where i can put the files in ????????

if i just install it from the zip via astro explorer it appears in the menue but there is no change in audio ?!?!?!

what can i do ???

ikkokusenkin

Aug 4, 2010
doesnt get android to work on my hd 2... i managed it once but since i updated my android build i dont get it anymore...

i think it because i dont have an root folder in the android folder where i can put the files in ????????

if i just install it from the zip via astro explorer it appears in the menue but there is no change in audio ?!?!?!

what can i do ???

I don't think you can install the zip from Astro Explorer because it needs to copy files to the /system partition which is read-only when the phone is booted up. In other words, you must have a rooted phone to do this.

If you do have a rooted phone, then reboot into recovery mode and install the update.zip the usual way.

If you don't have a rooted phone, well that's a whole different story. :)

maximus rus

Dec 17, 2010
i , please help me.

I've installed it via recovery and I made backup with my original needly files: libaudioflinger and libaudio. Then i copied my files back (deleted new files and moved old files) . I restarted my phone and it didn't boot. Just show me the White window (T-mobile)... Can i repair my phone by myself? Please help me and sorry for my english.

ikkokusenkin

Aug 4, 2010
i , please help me.

I've installed it via recovery and I made backup with my original needly files: libaudioflinger and libaudio. Then i copied my files back (deleted new files and moved old files) . I restarted my phone and it didn't boot. Just show me the White window (T-mobile)... Can i repair my phone by myself? Please help me and sorry for my english.

I'm sorry I don't really understand the problem. Normally, installing the update.zip should be all that you need to do. I don't understand why you copied the old files back and were those two files the only files that you backed up?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here you go...

http://www.multiupload.com/7VS5O9KKQ0

Flash as you would a ROM
    SOLUTION

For anyone else having this problem:

I didn't find the app I installed so I searched the net for other installation files, and found this:
    h ttp://androidforums.com/1446319-post107.html

after I flashed this and rebooted, I got a 'force close' notification for the app. Than I went to /system/app/DSPManager.apk and installed it.

DSP Manager now working great ^^
    In order to work, DSP Manager also needs a file called libaudioflinger.so in the /system/lib directory in addition to the apk.

The easy way to get this done is to use an update zip for DSP Manager. Get it from one of these links (all links from this page):

FileServ
    MultiUpload
    My FTP