DSP Manager: how to?

scutworker

Jan 5, 2010
In several places in the forums I see DSP manager mentioned as a way to change the sound output from the phone.

It is possible to use the .apk file or flash the .zip file to a stock firmware that is rooted (no other changes), or does it have to be applied to a custom rom?

Ta.

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Trying via headphones? As I doubt you'd notice from the internal speaker

Other than that I can't help, have no issues personally

ilya.glants

Aug 1, 2010
Hi, I flashed the DSP from recovery and rebooted. Installation was successful but I can't find the app anywhere in my phone? where do I see it?

Last edited:

ilya.glants

Aug 1, 2010
SOLUTION

Hi, I flashed the DSP from recovery and rebooted. Installation was successful but I can't find the app anywhere in my phone? where do I see it?
For anyone else having this problem:

I didn't find the app I installed so I searched the net for other installation files, and found this:
h ttp://androidforums.com/1446319-post107.html

after I flashed this and rebooted, I got a 'force close' notification for the app. Than I went to /system/app/DSPManager.apk and installed it.

DSP Manager now working great ^^

Reactions: dricher

ChesterZZ

May 29, 2008
I did as u said but it gives me a force close and when i try to install it i cant cause its already installed, cant uninstall it either, what should i do ? BTW I'm using AuraxTSense v7.4

Last edited:

ChesterZZ

May 29, 2008
Yes, first I installed that one, it didn't work, then I installed the other. Is that the problem ? I thought so... so how should I fix it ?

ilya.glants

Aug 1, 2010
I don't know.. i just rebooted my device and it gave me the force close again. so I did what I did the previous time and ran that app from the location I wrote.. worked like a charm.. again..

ChesterZZ

May 29, 2008
I don't know.. i just rebooted my device and it gave me the force close again. so I did what I did the previous time and ran that app from the location I wrote.. worked like a charm.. again..
I installed the other zip again, gave me a force close so went to system/app and tried to install it but I can't, only have the options uninstall and launch... No idea why is it working for you and not for me...:confused:

EDIT: Ok it works now, had to remove first the odex file and install the other zip again :)

Last edited:

j0nt1e

Sep 17, 2010
Update DSP Manager

You can remove the DSPManager.apk file using the terminal emulator.
NOTE: You need to have a rooted phone, Superuser & Terminal emulator.

STEPS
1. Change to root user it is granted super-user permissions.
su -​
2. Then change to the system app directory.
cd /system/app​
3. Then move the DSPManager.apk to the tmp directory.
mv DSPManager.apk /tmp​
4. Move the new apk file to the system app directory.
NOTE: Change to the directory where the DSPManager_1.0.apk is.
cp DSPManager_1.0.apk /system/app​
5. Reboot the phone.
6. Check in the apps list and the new DSP Manager should be in there.
NOTE: If it all worked you can remove the DSPManager.apk from /tmp
rm /tmp/DSPManager.apk​

Attached is the version I use on my rooted HTC Desire.

Attachments

B-Man2005

Feb 1, 2009
Wildeshausen
doesnt get android to work on my hd 2... i managed it once but since i updated my android build i dont get it anymore...

i think it because i dont have an root folder in the android folder where i can put the files in ????????

if i just install it from the zip via astro explorer it appears in the menue but there is no change in audio ?!?!?!

what can i do ???

ikkokusenkin

Aug 4, 2010
doesnt get android to work on my hd 2... i managed it once but since i updated my android build i dont get it anymore...

i think it because i dont have an root folder in the android folder where i can put the files in ????????

if i just install it from the zip via astro explorer it appears in the menue but there is no change in audio ?!?!?!

what can i do ???
I don't think you can install the zip from Astro Explorer because it needs to copy files to the /system partition which is read-only when the phone is booted up. In other words, you must have a rooted phone to do this.

If you do have a rooted phone, then reboot into recovery mode and install the update.zip the usual way.

If you don't have a rooted phone, well that's a whole different story. :)

maximus rus

Dec 17, 2010
i , please help me.

I've installed it via recovery and I made backup with my original needly files: libaudioflinger and libaudio. Then i copied my files back (deleted new files and moved old files) . I restarted my phone and it didn't boot. Just show me the White window (T-mobile)... Can i repair my phone by myself? Please help me and sorry for my english.

ikkokusenkin

Aug 4, 2010
i , please help me.

I've installed it via recovery and I made backup with my original needly files: libaudioflinger and libaudio. Then i copied my files back (deleted new files and moved old files) . I restarted my phone and it didn't boot. Just show me the White window (T-mobile)... Can i repair my phone by myself? Please help me and sorry for my english.
I'm sorry I don't really understand the problem. Normally, installing the update.zip should be all that you need to do. I don't understand why you copied the old files back and were those two files the only files that you backed up?