[DSP]viper audio mod [works on 4.4 KITKAT] (update 2.3.1.5 is out!!!)

Search This thread

wilson720

Dec 4, 2011
Why the effect only works on google music app?
The YouTube app, some third party music player all not working even switched to the FX compatible mode and tick the force enable V4A item.

Nexus [email protected] android 4.4
I have installed the ViPER4Android FX v2.3.1.3

grinandbearit

Sep 26, 2012
I use this rom : [ROM] NEXUS 5 PORT 4.4 KRT16S odexed 26/11/2013 Fully merged with MAKO binaries

i can hear small changes if i enable or disable the master power but its still not louder.

Any hints?

thx

Last edited:

alcaprone

Jan 3, 2012
I m on omni rom and i d like to try this mod.. In the case i want to go back to a clean situation it is enougj to reflash rom right?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

cjunk

Mar 16, 2013
I use this rom : [ROM] NEXUS 5 PORT 4.4 KRT16S odexed 26/11/2013 Fully merged with MAKO binaries

i can hear small changes if i enable or disable the master power but its still not louder.

Any hints?

thx

Which variables are you changing? The one that makes it louder is under "Master Gate" at the very bottom. Adjusts the "Output Gain" higher.
If you already knew this, then I have no clue, I am but a noob.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

fernandezhjr

May 4, 2009
Highlands, TX
I m on omni rom and i d like to try this mod.. In the case i want to go back to a clean situation it is enougj to reflash rom right?

Really all you would need to do is uninstall the driver and then uninstall the app, but yes, reflashing the rom would definitely get you clean. If you dirty flash and it is installed as a user app, you may still need to uninstall the app itself.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: alcaprone

cjunk

Mar 16, 2013
So far this works great with Play Music and Pandora, but it has no effect on Tunein.
Anyone get this to work with Tunein?

I am running Slimbean 4.3, tried A8 and A9 drivers, compatible and normal mode, and safe mode

Any way to document what apps this is working with? Does it work in certain apps for some people but not others?
I switched to XiiaLive for my online radio player because I could not get any results with TuneIn.
Also found it works with podcast addict.

Has NO affect with Google maps/navigation voice. This is actually good, because I can turn down the gain/volume of music and have the navigation voice at the same or louder than the music.

Szerry

Feb 18, 2013
Toruń
I have installed Nexus 5 Experience ROM R2.4 and v4a not working...
Few days ago it worked on R.2.3 version of N5E Rom.
Must I install super SU or can i install viper by other way?

Reactions: Akoolive
Oct 14, 2013
The latest version doesn't ask to install the driver.. Open the app and make all the settings you want. :good:

Under driver status everything is blank. I just opened up the program and it asked me if I want power saving mode, high quality, or super high quality. I hit power saving and the program freezes up and I have to close the program down. The drivers still read zero and blank.

alphabytes

Feb 8, 2011
Looks like the driver is installed fine. Did you go to settings>sounds>music effects and select V4A.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

hi

i have enabled the driver from the settings -> sound on my nexus5 4.4.2.
but the processing shows NO

how do i enable that?
this is my driver status.

Driver version 2.3.1.5
neon enabled yes
enabled yes
status normal
processing no
type headset
sampling rate 48000
channels 2

gnan10

Apr 16, 2011
andhra-kdp
www.google.co.in
hi

i have enabled the driver from the settings -> sound on my nexus5 4.4.2.
but the processing shows NO

how do i enable that?
this is my driver status.

Driver version 2.3.1.5
neon enabled yes
enabled yes
status normal
processing no
type headset
sampling rate 48000
channels 2

Try to See the driver status while you playing something :)

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Everything works fine for me..
But when ever i am playing something and listening to music(play music) through earphones..
Effects will be stopped after few seconds of locking the screen..need to unlock and reopen fx and xifi apps for recontinuing the fx
Does anyone has any idea about this??? :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here's the link :cool:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

WORKING GREAT ON ANDROID 4.4 KITKAT
    (tested on 4.4 aosp rom by pa team)

UPDATE:

viper4android now available on playstore...

installation is super easy now..

[For android 4.3] (make sure you have the latest supersu installed)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vipercn.viper4android4x

[For android 4.2]
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vipercn.viper4android42

and don't worry the app itself is not in Chinese only the disciption is..:good:
    I beg to differ...download the IRS addons and use recommended settings...ur phone will sound amazing...complete audiophile here..

Pair this mod with a pair of the 2013 beats studio headphones and you won't believe your ears...sound is equivalent to music/audio mods from my PC

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Not sure if 'beats headphones' and audiophile can be taken in a same breadth.. :silly: all the head-fiers would disagree... It just is an effect which alters the sound specifically in the sub-bass and treble, thereby giving an effect of increased clarity and bass (consumer friendly signature). I am not against the viper, as i enjoy it too, but its just about the distinction between an audiophile which is a complete flat frequency response and the app which is a much altered sound signature.

Anyone using this mod with Neutron ? I could get it work with Play Music but not Neutron

No, Neutron and Poweramp somehow bypass the system sound effects and do their own processing, however after testing thoroughly between viper, poweramp and Neutron on earphones ranging from GR07, MH1C, Quadbeat, RE-400...... i think poweramp has the most neutral response staying much true to what is recorded. I can say this as i tested the same tracks against my benchmark; Rockboxed Clip+.... :good:
    Though this does an admirable job, I think it's a case of garbage in garbage out. Plenty of options to try and filter the audio. But at the end of the day you can't polish a turd (nexus 4 audio quality).

And this is where you show your ignorance. Not much can be done for the crappy external speaker, but as far as the output thru ear buds/headphones it does wonders.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    I also get driver install failed. I'm selecting A9/A15 cortex with NEON. I'm on Franco 176 on stock.
    It asks me to check if busybox is installed. Don't see anything I'm doing wrong here...

Nexus 4 is A8

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk 4
    viper4android now available on playstore...

installation is super easy now..

[For android 4.3] (make sure you have the latest supersu installed)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vipercn.viper4android4x

[For android 4.2]
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vipercn.viper4android42

and don't worry the app is not in Chinese only the disciption is..:good:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone