[DU][DEV]Developers Unite- The future of DX Development

Search This thread

//.dax

Aug 26, 2013
We, as a whole, have taken an initiative to create a team of developers who will focus on AOSP branch of development for this forum. The team is open to everybody.

Want to join us? Fill in your details in the spreadsheet and just inform us by posting in the thread.
Here's the Spreadsheet

Want to keep track of our progress or want to give us any suggestions? Here's our IRC channel and you can also see our chat history in case you missed anything.

PLEASE DON'T JOIN OUR IRC IF ITS NOT RELATED TO CM DEVELOPMENT!
Logs from channel: http://m.nyan.pl/xda/
Statistics (for fun): http://m.nyan.pl/irc/stats/protou.html

We are currently working on CM10.2 and the source codes are taken from arm6 org.
Find our sources here:
Device tree
Vendor tree
Common files
Kernel sources
Generic sources

Stable ROMs
CM10 (4.1.2) from @fozzy_fozzy: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2xUDHdk_M6HOUVkSDZJbWpqd3c/edit
Bugs: Bluetooth

Test ROMs (flash at your own risk!)
CM10.1 (4.2.2): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6lHfIKE8XmEd3phRVhJYkliQTQ/view?usp=sharing

Mirror for everything (thanks @mefistoreyon): https://cloud.mail.ru/public/559bfaa56b60/ROMS
All hail to @fozzy_fozzy for the latest releases

Bugs:
/Face recognition (Gallery FC)
/Battery drain
/App2SD (moving apps to SD card is impossible for now, no workaround)
/Overclocking (10.2, only placebo effect :p)
/Graphical glitches (Google Maps, etc)
/No sound when incoming notification (confirmed by two users)
/USB tethering (10.2), USB storage (10.1)
/Broken LED (when message received, red LED flashes over green)
/Handsfree during call not working (10.2)​

Don't report bugs that were already reported

Other things works great.

Last edited:

MrTergum

May 14, 2011
Great idea! I will try to do my best and help a little bit.

What i can do: testing, maybe some other developing things if i get a introduction :)
Internetspeed: 16k
Time i can spend in development: around 1 hour a day during the week on weekends more ( i just started to work and study so sometimes, i have more or less time)

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda app-developers app

Reactions: hell_lock

Stek988

Sep 4, 2012
Zagreb
1. I know some c and c++. Debugging, well to be honest, never done it, but i would like to try.
2. 24 Mbps /1 Mbps
3. Few hours every day, only when i work or am studying for exams :)

Sent from my precious!! HTC DX

Will_Xda

Sep 29, 2012
Leicester
www.youtube.com
I'll test ICS Roms, as soon as we get s2w Kernel then i'll test JB roms aswell. I'll also have a crack at theming if someone points me in the right direction with it

Update OP with Sections for testers,developers,etc. so people can be contacted if they need summat testing or whatever

Stek988

Sep 4, 2012
Zagreb
The thing is that i am not trying to build a new kernel, i am just learning how things work..from scratch. :) i know i wont be able to get it all, but the more the better :p

Sent from my precious!! HTC DX

nightwalkerkg

Aug 20, 2012
Kragujevac
First i think we should make a facebook group or an irc chat,it's much faster to discuss then to use a forum or a personal message.

1. Testing,debugging,graphics,and if anyone is willing to teach me building roms and porting. I have a good knowledge about linux distros and i don't have bad pc for compiling. I spend great amount of time on the pc so and irc.
2. I have 10/1.
3. All the time when i am not in school.

oddoneout

Sep 15, 2012
Don't have the technical skill in terms of coding but as an IT student and PC technician I am experienced with Android and PCs.

1. Testing and anything else basic (I only know VB and ASP.net languages)
2. 1mb only
3. A lot of time outside of exams

Len

Dec 4, 2010
Well, I don't have a time...
But I can set virtualbox with ubuntu on my desktop for some good dev,
Proc : AMD PHENOM II X4 965
Network:

Also, as mentioned before...
we got an irc channel on freenode/#protou

Noone here..
heh..

jydis

Jan 5, 2011
1. Everything you can teach me:p
2. It should be 50MB/s (but I always end up with 15MB\s)
3. It varies, but enough to do something here and there

JoseluSpark

Feb 3, 2013
I'd like to help too, I know a little of Java, but about debugging my knowledge is too low.
I have about two free hours more or less per day.
I have 50MB of ADSL (about 50000 download/5000 upload) too.

Neil12cross

Jan 17, 2012
vereeniging
Basic java and C# sofar still studying :) will take all help i can get
2954281490.png

+- two hours a day

Uizz.UW

Aug 16, 2012
Ploiesti
www.underweasel.me
I'm in! :p

I can contribute with testing , debugging , logcatting etc . Plenty of experience from when I had a Galaxy Mini 2 which was in a development stage worse than the DX . (and now it's got a fully working CM10.1 XD) as well as some programming help - I know Android app development , I know a good load of C / C++ , C# , I can read and tweak Java code . I know the Android workflow pretty well , and I'm also an algorythmic whizz if that would ever be of help xD
Internet speed : about 6MB/s down & 2MB/s up .
Availability : I can go all out this week . Starting next week though I'm starting hi-school , but I can still dedicate about 6h / day to the development nonetheless .

Also , a littbe bit of OT (kinda) : I'm planning to get myself a new laptop soon and will dualboot Ubuntu w/ Windows on it , thus I also wanna start learning the linux kernel (only for Android development atm) . If anyone can point me to some baby steps to get me started on that , I would be grateful :p . I'm not a newb , I learn pretty fast considering I have about 4 years of programming experience . I just need to have a starting point and good documentation along the way :p

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone