[DU][DEV]Developers Unite- The future of DX Development

Search This thread

nightwalkerkg

Aug 20, 2012
Kragujevac
4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature).

Thank you!

Reactions: JarJarWinks

JarJarWinks

Jul 26, 2014
Ohh.. Well that's a problem.. I like the Now Launcher :p
I'll try if I can disable the hotword detection somehow.

Go to google search. Hit the three dot menu at the bottom and go to voice hotword detection and turn it off.

Hit thanks if I helped!

---------- Post added at 06:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

That's right. You wouldn't like it if I posted in Hindi, Marathi or Gujarati. Would you. Don't mean to be mean. Just saying.

Reactions: Dolanoi

Dolanoi

Apr 2, 2014
Thane
hotword detection?

theres an automatically installed app named "google settings" where you can configure such stuff and everything else google related

just in case you've overlooked it so far, LOL

I knew that.
I guess you didn't get what my problem was. I just didn't know what was making the earphones to not respond that's all.

JarJarWinks

Jul 26, 2014
Camera fix.

This isn't a permanent fix but I found it useful. This works on all roms for our device with face detect issues.

Step 1: Open the camera and go into camera settings. (Different in 4.1 and 4.2)

Step 2: Go to touch focus duration.

Step 3: Change the duration to infinite.

Done!

Now the camera won't force close if you focus on some point. It works well for me.

That's one major bug suppressed!

I found it by trial and error. It may not be perfect.

Hit thanks if I helped!!

beelzebubbie

Aug 18, 2014
Fix? Let's see…

This isn't a permanent fix but I found it useful. This works on all roms for our device with face detect issues.

Step 1: Open the camera and go into camera settings. (Different in 4.1 and 4.2)

Step 2: Go to touch focus duration.

Step 3: Change the duration to infinite.

Done!

Now the camera won't force close if you focus on some point. It works well for me.

That's one major bug suppressed!

I found it by trial and error. It may not be perfect.

Hit thanks if I helped!!

Well, I'll try this workaround and leave feedback. But what about non-stock cameras? They gives same error…

beelzebubbie

Aug 18, 2014
Third party cameras have different setting options. But there is no problem at all in camera 360.

Hit thanks if I helped.

Tried camera 360, among many other options it has a camera too :) but it finally working – no «connection» errors, thanks!

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

It's funny because neither have camera in slimbean :D

I've talked about fozzy's and Chipotleez' AOKP ROMs. Surprizingly, they has a camera :laugh:

//.dax

Aug 26, 2013
Tried camera 360, among many other options it has a camera too :) but it finally working – no «connection» errors, thanks!

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

I've talked about fozzy's and Chipotleez' AOKP ROMs. Surprizingly, they has a camera :laugh:
Slimbean have camera from 4.2 but without focus settings, dunno why Chipotleez replaced the old one

Btw tested Camera FV5 without any changes to focusing, works perfectly

Edit: slimbean camera crashed when the face was detected (experienced this for the first time)

Last edited:
Reactions: beelzebubbie

Top Liked Posts