[DU][DEV]Developers Unite- The future of DX Development

Search This thread

Delta-flasher

Dec 15, 2010
Not close in any meaning of the word close. Among other things like display and ppi, It has a totally different chipset, and it has ics proprietary blobs.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

I just mean that the process to get CM11 working on their device is the same as for DX. It's kernel/ramdisk adaptation.

So DX devs could ask for advices to Sensations devs...

Reactions: Mr.Jay

Tresox

Aug 7, 2013
True, but just be patient. One day we shall have our beloved CM...

Sent from my HTC Desire X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Guys stop whimpering about this. You are here to encourage the developer not turn him down by stating he hasn't done any progress as compared to the others. Just have patience. Every device comes with flaws, and this one currently lacks development. But there are some willing to help out. So don't complain and ask for stuff. That's just going to agitate people. We don't want a thermo nuclear war, do we?

So calm ya tits, and wait :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9
Guys stop whimpering about this. You are here to encourage the developer not turn him down by stating he hasn't done any progress as compared to the others. Just have patience. Every device comes with flaws, and this one currently lacks development. But there are some willing to help out. So don't complain and ask for stuff. That's just going to agitate people. We don't want a thermo nuclear war, do we?

So calm ya tits, and wait :)

We know man...But we already have few half working ports and I hope this wont be like them.
:fingers-crossed: to be finished this year
And like i said before , that will be leson for all ppls that bought this device...The problem is our cuz we bought unpopular mid-range device.Anyway its my first android phone and i will be more carefull with the next one.:D

Reactions: TheArc and Mr.Jay

waza97

Jun 26, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I have a theory. As you are aware the huawaii acssend y300 is basically the same as the desire x hardware exacty the same. If we pick permissions from the y300 cm10.2 and put it into ours that may fix things such as WiFi also if we use the init.d from huawii and use it for ours ? Sorry if I am been annoying I have just been researching and am curious and willing to help

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda app-developers app

nightwalkerkg

Aug 20, 2012
Kragujevac
I have a theory. As you are aware the huawaii acssend y300 is basically the same as the desire x hardware exacty the same. If we pick permissions from the y300 cm10.2 and put it into ours that may fix things such as WiFi also if we use the init.d from huawii and use it for ours ? Sorry if I am been annoying I have just been researching and am curious and willing to help

Well i believed that is much better to use the device tree for Y300 as the base then Pico for example.
Just to fork it and then edit it for our device. But i am not a dev so i dunno. xP

Oct 31, 2013
Delhi
Oh yeah! Just figured out that huawai ascend y300 has exactly same specifications as of desire x..seems quite interesting!
Can the roms of huawai be flashed on desire x?And then fixing the things which are not working on desire x..:)

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Oh yeah! Just figured out that huawai ascend y300 has exactly same specifications as of desire x..seems quite interesting!
Can the roms of huawai be flashed on desire x?And then fixing the things which are not working on desire x..:)

If you flash the Y300 ROM on the Desire X, you're asking to get your phone bricked.

But some files can be modded and used for the Desire X development and it would most likely fix stuff.

When I was building ROMs for the Huawei U8160 it was good, but it wasnt all that fast because the device was slow, I ended up pulling hardware libs and permissions from the HTC Wildfire without any modifications whatsoever and it worked :) It made the device faster. So really, it won't hurt anyone to try and attempt this.

Last edited:

waza97

Jun 26, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I found this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2566056

And I asked the devs who made the guide if in our situation it is possible using his guide he said he highly believes we can do it. So am going try in the next few weeks when I have some free time.

I am going to change these with hauwaii files and hopefully WiFi will work.

/system/bin/netcfg
/system/bin/dhcpcd
/system/bin/ifconfig
/system/bin/hostap
/system/bin/hostapd
/system/bin/hostapd_bin
/system/bin/pcscd
/system/bin/wlan*
/system/bin/wpa*

Last edited:

Tresox

Aug 7, 2013
I found this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2566056

And I asked the devs who made the guide if in our situation it is possible using his guide he said he highly believes we can do it. So am going try in the next few weeks when I have some free time.

I am going to change these with hauwaii files and hopefully WiFi will work.

/system/bin/netcfg
/system/bin/dhcpcd
/system/bin/ifconfig
/system/bin/hostap
/system/bin/hostapd
/system/bin/hostapd_bin
/system/bin/pcscd
/system/bin/wlan*
/system/bin/wpa*

It's a good thing that you're trying, but you don't know how far greeneyes.
Yes, he could be just as far as you but he can also be almost done.
Otherwise it just be a waste of your time.:D

Reactions: Leon and vikkolts

greeneyes2910

Aug 8, 2010
Duisburg
Now after working exactly 7days on building & compiling, and testing , with only few hours of sleeping (I was ill, so don't need go to work) my head is really disturbed & ****ed up ( in Germany we like to say ; Man sieht den Wald vor lauter Bäumen nicht) :D ...

But after studying so many devices and threads I've got many questions and hopefully some dev could try to give me answers. I 've contacted Cyanogen, but get no answer so far.

So here my thinkthanks: What we know is, that our device is Qualcomm/HTC provided. When you extract stock Boot.img there will be two qcom files inside - init.qcom.rc & init.qcom.sh. Also there are 4 files included in system/etc...

Has any one of you read into this files ? So I've done - these files are really not needed to run stock htc rom or even boot up stock kernel.
No, if read into these files, you must come to the conclusion, that these files are especially to boot up or better to keep all functions like wifi bt fm etc, withoit any HTC-Files.

In Comparison to HTC One S : They already have general caf-kernel running with only caf init files. So it can't be soooo hard & it must be a way to get general caf kernel working for Desire X.

Hope I will get some good ideas (and hope everyone will understand what I'd like to say e.g. mean) ...

greeneyes2910

Aug 8, 2010
Duisburg
@Victor... Just for such people like you, I will upload. So if you like know if, or what works you will have to test by yourselve! I'm not willing in answering dumb questions like such one... You can be sure, that I will open a own Thread if general Rom Parts are working at a stable level... Look in such threads if you want flashing a full functionabel custom ROM but don 't mess up threads with this...

The reason why I say this in such an ugly way , is that so many perople (equal if here on our device, or in other threads/devices) are not following to xda rules, which are clearly said , that XOU HAVE TO READ A THREAD COMPLETLY, before you start to ask questions, which would be answered several times again & again...

Top Liked Posts