[DU][DEV]Developers Unite- The future of DX Development

Search This thread

atis112

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 21, 2011
Hmm,well we are using that on all our roms,and the wifi is not working. On my builds i was getting "Unable to load (start) wifi driver",or something like that. When i asked for help on #cyanogenmod-dev i got an answer from on of they guys who had the same problem to use wpa_supp. 8 from other source. Can't remember wich one as i don't have my pc here. But it didn't work with it,mybe i did something wrong. :(

When I worked on JB, I recompiled ics rom with this configuration just to check that wifi is working or not. It worked, so I used this for JB too with the same calibration file and with the same configuration in ramdisk, but it didn't work. I have no idea that why.

nightwalkerkg

Aug 20, 2012
Kragujevac
When I worked on JB, I recompiled ics rom with this configuration just to check that wifi is working or not. It worked, so I used this for JB too with the same calibration file and with the same configuration in ramdisk, but it didn't work. I have no idea that why.

Maybe we need something like this,they use the same driver for the wifi :

https://github.com/Dazzozo/android_...common/blob/cm-11.0/BoardConfigCommon.mk#L131

https://github.com/Dazzozo/android_...n/blob/cm-11.0/libhardware_legacy/wifi/wifi.c

dansou901

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
Cpu fan broke and the pc started to overheat and shutdown. And i the fan on the psu is buzzing like crazy on the first boot. It's 10 days in the service shop now. Like the damn moderboard got broken and they have to order a new one. -.-

Maybe an accident while changing the cpu fan :p (did happen to me as well in my job training...)

greeneyes2910

Aug 8, 2010
Duisburg
Have successfully reanimated my device from a hard brick,,, now i will go on :)

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

I have talked to pic and one s devs. they said it is because of the wifi drivers used in our kernel source. they mentioned me to change them to aosp wifi drivers from caf source. that should fixes the wifi problem

MightyBear007

Sep 2, 2013
Chennai
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Have successfully reanimated my device from a hard brick,,, now i will go on :)

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

I have talked to pic and one s devs. they said it is because of the wifi drivers used in our kernel source. they mentioned me to change them to aosp wifi drivers from caf source. that should fixes the wifi problem

Hmm Check Here for wlan patches:
https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/la/kernel/msm/

Do this

git remote add caf git://codeaurora.org/quic/la/kernel/msm

git fetch caf

It might take some time (depends on the internet speed)

and git cherry-pick whatever commit you need in order to fix wifi

moreover cherry-pick very carefully

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Use some legacy commits in-order to fix the broken stuff

github.com/vigor (Use Only Hardware)

Last edited:

dansou901

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
Hmm yeah
I poses the Dual Sim verison
Its protodug

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Then you're wrong here... We only have the single sim version. You should go in the dual sim version thread in General section, there you'll find the other owners of the dual sim device. Also, there is no device tree for dual sim version yet as nobody is working on CM for that device.

waza97

Jun 26, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
The stock 4.4 updates is out for desire 300 and I was wondering greeneyes said he has a stock kernel which can boot sense 4.2 could you boot 4.4 for us as well so we have sense 5 4.4. The desire 300 has the same specs as our device and mostly everything will probably work once booted could you plz give it a go. Thanks

http://uselessweaponry.blogspot.sk/2013/10/upgradeupdate-htc-desire-300-to-44.html?m=1

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Jeevan Naika

hell_lock

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2012
New Delhi
So I am going to finish my 1 year in dx forum and from what I have witnessed till now forget about any development :p Yep, I said it openly now. No eta no crap.. its just the straight talk from my side. If you want development go sell ur phone and maybe buy a nokia x. It will get alot of dev attention and u can easily buy it at half the price of dx..

edit: maybe im out of my mind.. my mom woke me when I was sleeping and then I typed all that..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts