• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

dual app bug on Nova launcher

Search This thread

heehaa123

Oct 18, 2016
Hi

Anyone facing this problem? When I use nova launcher for open dual apps, it show permission denied. But if I use stock launcher, there is no issue on this.
Please help. Thx

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-04-16-25-49-784_com.miui.videoplayer.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-04-16-25-49-784_com.miui.videoplayer.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 269

DeLaLuz22

Sep 1, 2013
Mexico City
I don't know if it's the same issue I found in Pixel Launcher, but in order to launch any dual app you must select the original app and it will give you the option to open the cloned one. This works for me.

heehaa123

Oct 18, 2016
I don't know if it's the same issue I found in Pixel Launcher, but in order to launch any dual app you must select the original app and it will give you the option to open the cloned one. This works for me.
Yes, there are 2 app icon but only can use main app icon to select which account you want to going into.

MrFrankie

Oct 26, 2007
Dual App issue with Nova launcher

Hi

Anyone facing this problem? When I use nova launcher for open dual apps, it show permission denied. But if I use stock launcher, there is no issue on this.
Please help. Thx

Yes, the same problem here on the Xiaomi Mi9. I have made a Dual App from What's app.
I get two icons in the app drawer, but I can only place one on the home screen. On the secondary icon, I get a permission denied error.
As far as I know, there is not really a workaround.

vrnothing

Nov 10, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 8
Open app drawer on nova, find and run the original app (not the cloned one) , nova will ask you to choose between original app and cloned app. select cloned app and it will run without problem.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts