• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Dual App Whatsapp Media Location after Whatsapp Beta Update

Search This thread

Kamlesh.KS

Oct 4, 2008
Mumbai
(HELP)
I have been using two accounts of Whatsapp beta on my N20U (India).

In the last update, there seems to have been a change in the storage location of Whatsapp Media.

For the regular app - its moved from /Whatsapp/Media to /Android/media/com.whatsapp/Whatsapp/Media.

Problem is for the DualApp Whatsapp install. Earlier the media was stored in /DualApp/Whatsapp/Media. But after the Whatsapp Beta update, I cannot seem to find where the DualApp Whatsapp stores the media. Can anyone tell me where to look for the media?
Even when trying to "View Media in Gallery" - it says media cannot be found.

leewh23

Dec 23, 2009
i have same problem also, anyone have idea what going on with the dualapp whastapp folder?

raul6

Jan 26, 2009
maybe it moved to android/data folder. try with solid explorer or total commander app if your current file explorer can't display that folder

william-johnson

Dec 25, 2007
(HELP)
I have been using two accounts of Whatsapp beta on my N20U (India).

In the last update, there seems to have been a change in the storage location of Whatsapp Media.

For the regular app - its moved from /Whatsapp/Media to /Android/media/com.whatsapp/Whatsapp/Media.

Problem is for the DualApp Whatsapp install. Earlier the media was stored in /DualApp/Whatsapp/Media. But after the Whatsapp Beta update, I cannot seem to find where the DualApp Whatsapp stores the media. Can anyone tell me where to look for the media?
Even when trying to "View Media in Gallery" - it says media cannot be found.

its here:
Internal storage>Dual App> Android > Media > com.whatsapp > whatsapp. Hope that helps.

while on the issue of File locations can anyone help with this: In Android 8 and 9 (perhaps 10?) this path below:
Internal storage > android > Data contains a host of com. folders (for example com.google.android. youtube or com.android.gallery3d etc etc).

Now those folders used to contain temp files taking up extra storage (gallery3d for example was taking up more than 2gb) which i clear from time to time to free up storage.

Question is this: On Note 20U i cant seem to find those files and I am wondering whether anyone knows where they are or is it a case that android 11 does not create / store those files?