• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Dual Audio feature in Media Panel is not working after Android 11 update

Search This thread

tauseeflala91

Jul 8, 2021
I used to connect 2 Bluetooth devices and listen on both devices at the same time on Android 10. Ever since the tablet got updated to Android 11, this dual audio feature doesn't work.

Steps I used on Android 10 to get dual audio is listed below. The same setup doesn't work on Android 11. Even though its able to connect to both devices, it is allowing to play on only one device at a time

1) Pair 2 Bluetooth devices
2) go to Media panel in the notifications section which allows you to enable sound on both devices at same time

Schrubbi

Jan 29, 2011
Hi there,
You're not alone with this problem. It seems Samsung decided the S5e is not worth supporting this feature anymore and simply removed it with the update.
There's a thread in the Samsung community forum about it, but as you might guess, no official statement:
Feel free to address your dissatisfaction there, the more voices, the higher the small chance of getting it back the way it was before...
Unfortunately the thread is in German, but making the problem more international can only help!

drewwho

Dec 29, 2010
Hi there,
You're not alone with this problem. It seems Samsung decided the S5e is not worth supporting this feature anymore and simply removed it with the update.
There's a thread in the Samsung community forum about it, but as you might guess, no official statement:
Feel free to address your dissatisfaction there, the more voices, the higher the small chance of getting it back the way it was before...
Unfortunately the thread is in German, but making the problem more international can only help!
For anyone else searching forums on this issue, I did revert back to Android 10 on my S5e and I now have the feature back. As of now you can still successfully roll back to 10 via ODIN

Schrubbi

Jan 29, 2011
For anyone else searching forums on this issue, I did revert back to Android 10 on my S5e and I now have the feature back. As of now you can still successfully roll back to 10 via ODIN
I was actually thinking about that too, but this will void your warranty of the device, right?
Nevertheless, I'm still considering this, especially also since Samsung most likely won't provide another update to Android 12, even though the sister device Tab S6 is confirmed to get it.
Is there any particular how-to description that you followed, which you could link here?
Thanks for the hint!

drewwho

Dec 29, 2010
I was actually thinking about that too, but this will void your warranty of the device, right?
Nevertheless, I'm still considering this, especially also since Samsung most likely won't provide another update to Android 12, even though the sister device Tab S6 is confirmed to get it.
Is there any particular how-to description that you followed, which you could link here?
Thanks for the hint!
I pretty much followed instructions in this youtube video:

As far as firmware to choose in video, I choose Cellular South since that is the USA version. And for my tablet there is no CP file since it doesnt have a radio. When you hold down volume keys and plug in tablet it also automatically goes in debug mode versus having to select it like he did, at least for me it did. I believe those were the only differences in video. It took my windows PC forever to download and install drivers, that was only hiccup. Took along time flash also, be patient, dont touch anything, let it do its thing.

As far as warranty, IDK, this is just flashing same Software back to device, not a custom ROM, no rooting required, seems like it wouldnt be void. You'd have to ask that question to more experienced members here. But I can tell you, warranties usually suck anyway, and if your device is good out of the box for a month it is typically good for years. Hit me up if you decide to do it and have a question, Ill try to help best I can. It was a must feature for me to have and so glad to have it back. I also used to watch movies with my wireless and hand someone else a wired pair, that feature also was removed in 11 but works in 10

Reactions: Schrubbi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the hint!
    I pretty much followed instructions in this youtube video:

As far as firmware to choose in video, I choose Cellular South since that is the USA version. And for my tablet there is no CP file since it doesnt have a radio. When you hold down volume keys and plug in tablet it also automatically goes in debug mode versus having to select it like he did, at least for me it did. I believe those were the only differences in video. It took my windows PC forever to download and install drivers, that was only hiccup. Took along time flash also, be patient, dont touch anything, let it do its thing.

As far as warranty, IDK, this is just flashing same Software back to device, not a custom ROM, no rooting required, seems like it wouldnt be void. You'd have to ask that question to more experienced members here. But I can tell you, warranties usually suck anyway, and if your device is good out of the box for a month it is typically good for years. Hit me up if you decide to do it and have a question, Ill try to help best I can. It was a must feature for me to have and so glad to have it back. I also used to watch movies with my wireless and hand someone else a wired pair, that feature also was removed in 11 but works in 10