Search This thread
Feb 12, 2013
Fontana
So A While Back I Made A Youtube Video ON DualBooting Any Samsung Vibrent Phone. The Process Worked on all Devices i Tried It My Self
((( I Did Not Make This Process)))

So Like Most i Had To Get My Hands On The S5 For Really No Reason.
As Soon As I Picked It Up Out Of The Box It Went Straight To Rooting

There Arent To Many Good AOSP Roms Out There For The S5 Just Yet But There Are Some Great TouchWiz ...

My Favorite Being

Echoe Rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2719593

Echoe Rom Was One Of the Roms I Used For My Dual Boot On The S4 So I Decided I Was Going To Give The Exact Same Process A Chance On My S5 .....

And It WORKED!!

I Uninstalled It For Now Due To My Dissatisfaction With All AOSP Roms For Now But As Soon As I Find One I Like Im Defenatly Doin This.

Here Is a Link To My Video I Made On YouTube.

There Is a Link To The Original Thread There And All Of The Nessicary Files In The Discription

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPGd4TPSB5w

none of this is my work just found out that it works

the original thread is here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2447534

yeah its for the s4 and the app will say s4 but it worked for me and im an on the tmobile s5

Last edited:

VillainDivine

Dec 16, 2012
Atlanta
I just came from the S4 and used the same process for dual booting. I will try it out now and post my results. I'm assuming you used chenxiaolong's Dual Boot Patcher to patch the AOSP rom?

How did you patch your secondary ROM?

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2013
Fontana
Update

the dev changed a few things recently like the patcher and swticher app are now in one

the only app you need is the patcher

the download links have been changed on my site

the Patcher app will not make the dualboot file if it is on your sd card you would have to transfer to the device first

few aosp roms work with the app but you can still do it manually

Workin on it

im also working on making a video showing that this works but im procrastinating lol sorry

candreva87

May 14, 2013
Update

the dev changed a few things recently like the patcher and swticher app are now in one

the only app you need is the patcher

the download links have been changed on my site

the Patcher app will not make the dualboot file if it is on your sd card you would have to transfer to the device first

few aosp roms work with the app but you can still do it manually

Workin on it

im also working on making a video showing that this works but im procrastinating lol sorry

So it should work if I dual boot CM 11 and Phoenix ROM?

chenxiaolong

Sep 29, 2011
Solon
Hey guys, I'm the author of the Galaxy S4 DualBootPatcher app.

I just want to point out that this is currently working purely by chance. ROMs with updater-scripts that refer to the named partitions (eg. "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot") are safe to try, but any ROM that uses the partition numbers directly (eg. "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmcblk0p16") have a chance of bricking the phone irrecoverably because the partition table does not match the Galaxy S4's.

In the next version of the patcher, I will be adding support for the S5 and the Note 3. Until then, I do not recommend dual booting :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, I'm the author of the Galaxy S4 DualBootPatcher app.

I just want to point out that this is currently working purely by chance. ROMs with updater-scripts that refer to the named partitions (eg. "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot") are safe to try, but any ROM that uses the partition numbers directly (eg. "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmcblk0p16") have a chance of bricking the phone irrecoverably because the partition table does not match the Galaxy S4's.

In the next version of the patcher, I will be adding support for the S5 and the Note 3. Until then, I do not recommend dual booting :)
    So A While Back I Made A Youtube Video ON DualBooting Any Samsung Vibrent Phone. The Process Worked on all Devices i Tried It My Self
    ((( I Did Not Make This Process)))

So Like Most i Had To Get My Hands On The S5 For Really No Reason.
    As Soon As I Picked It Up Out Of The Box It Went Straight To Rooting

There Arent To Many Good AOSP Roms Out There For The S5 Just Yet But There Are Some Great TouchWiz ...

My Favorite Being

Echoe Rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2719593

Echoe Rom Was One Of the Roms I Used For My Dual Boot On The S4 So I Decided I Was Going To Give The Exact Same Process A Chance On My S5 .....

And It WORKED!!

I Uninstalled It For Now Due To My Dissatisfaction With All AOSP Roms For Now But As Soon As I Find One I Like Im Defenatly Doin This.

Here Is a Link To My Video I Made On YouTube.

There Is a Link To The Original Thread There And All Of The Nessicary Files In The Discription

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPGd4TPSB5w

none of this is my work just found out that it works

the original thread is here

yeah its for the s4 and the app will say s4 but it worked for me and im an on the tmobile s5
    How come you can figure out dual booting but cant comprehend capital letters :p
    Hey guys! I'm the developer of the DualBootPatcher app. I'm now subscribed to this thread and will answer your questions the best I can. I don't own the Galaxy S5 though, so it may take me more time to fix bugs than it would for the other devices I have :)

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

Right. I managed to Install XtreStolite 2.1 as primary and BlissPop 2.2 as a secondary. Process is straight forward and it works fine. But I can't figure it out how to share apps with both ROMs. In XtreStolite Dual Boot Patcher shows only "share individual applications" and when I click it shows blank page. In BlissPop ROM Dual Boot Patcher shows more options ("Share applikcations" "Share Paid applications" and "Share individual applications") but when i try to select any of this options, nothing is happening. Tickbox is still unticked. I also try to migrate /data using DualBootUtulities-4.0-snapshot1.zip but it says "nothong to migrate. Any ideas please. Cheers

App sharing (both global and individual) are completely broken right now. I'm currently working on a better way to implement it, but I don't know when I'll finish that (hopefully before the school semester ends).
    OP use chenxiaolong's Dual Boot Patcher from this S4 thread:
    He didn't mentioned about it. Also Youtube tutorial is for Galaxy S4 and links to download doesn't work. I wouldn't risk trying to do that on S5 it sounds like a BS to me.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone