Question Dual-channel network acceleration

Search This thread

DashDashCZ

Oct 19, 2014
Czech Republic
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hey, I have both settings in Dual-channel network acceleration turned on as I have unlimited data from carrier but it doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Right now I'm on a train with a free WiFi which is obviously ****, I was watching a stream on Twitch and it just kept buffering every few seconds. After I turned the Wi-Fi manually off, LTE+ kicked in and the stream went on well.

Why didn't the phone automatically switch to mobile data OR used the data and wifi simultaneously as the settings in dual channel network acceleration suggest?

Does anyone else have this problem or does anyone have positive experience with this function?

Hey, I have both settings in Dual-channel network acceleration turned on as I have unlimited data from carrier but it doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Right now I'm on a train with a free WiFi which is obviously ****, I was watching a stream on Twitch and it just kept buffering every few seconds. After I turned the Wi-Fi manually off, LTE+ kicked in and the stream went on well.

Why didn't the phone automatically switch to mobile data OR used the data and wifi simultaneously as the settings in dual channel network acceleration suggest?

Does anyone else have this problem or does anyone have positive experience with this function?
Haven't had any noticable issue on this device, but on previous OnePlus devices that setting had worked just as you described, not how should. I would have to turn off this setting to use either Wifi or data.

Reactions: DashDashCZ

drozd128

Apr 14, 2021
Correct me if I'm wrong but this feature doesn't mean you can use multiple networks for one network stream, but more like you can use multiple networks for multiple network streams (so if you are watching stream and downloading file in background, these 2 can be separated to different networks, but download of a file can't be splitted to 2 networks).

DashDashCZ

Oct 19, 2014
Czech Republic
OnePlus 9 Pro
Correct me if I'm wrong but this feature doesn't mean you can use multiple networks for one network stream, but more like you can use multiple networks for multiple network streams (so if you are watching stream and downloading file in background, these 2 can be separated to different networks, but download of a file can't be splitted to 2 networks).
Yeah, that sounds reasonable. Anyway, I thought the first setting should switch me between wifi and data if the connection is poor, which it didn't. On my old Honor, there was a similar looking setting which did exactly this; it switched over to wifi / data if the speed of currently used network was insufficient so I thought it would work similarly here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210422-163813__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-163813__01.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 218

drozd128

Apr 14, 2021
Yeah, that sounds reasonable. Anyway, I thought the first setting should switch me between wifi and data if the connection is poor, which it didn't. On my old Honor, there was a similar looking setting which did exactly this; it switched over to wifi / data if the speed of currently used network was insufficient so I thought it would work similarly here.
You are right. In theory it should switch you, but for that to happen, the App needs to identify that connection is poor (poor for streaming is just fine for text pages etc.) and it should notify the Android to do the switch. No idea how that is implemented in the Twitch app or your browser app, maybe you were only unlucky with threshold.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Haven't had any noticable issue on this device, but on previous OnePlus devices that setting had worked just as you described, not how should. I would have to turn off this setting to use either Wifi or data.
    You are right. In theory it should switch you, but for that to happen, the App needs to identify that connection is poor (poor for streaming is just fine for text pages etc.) and it should notify the Android to do the switch. No idea how that is implemented in the Twitch app or your browser app, maybe you were only unlucky with threshold.