Question Dual eSim MEP in March Feature Drop

Search This thread

eshroom

Aug 8, 2020
Thanks Dr! I searched but couldn't find anything mentioned, and wasn't about to go and convert my second SIM without being sure about MEP...

eshroom

Aug 8, 2020
With the March update now live, the answer appears to be a resounding no...

(Edit: or at least not mentioned in the notes)

Last edited:

1st_paladin

Oct 8, 2011
Singapore
Not sure it this makes any difference. Received an update for SIM Manager version D2.1.510475198-google. However I do not have another eSIM to experiment

eshroom

Aug 8, 2020
Not sure it this makes any difference. Received an update for SIM Manager version D2.1.510475198-google. However I do not have another eSIM to experiment
Me too! I also haven't risked turning any more Sims to esim, as my esim is the only one I need on permanently, so don't want to risk converting my others.

1st_paladin

Oct 8, 2011
Singapore
Me too! I also haven't risked turning any more Sims to esim, as my esim is the only one I need on permanently, so don't want to risk converting my others.
My eSIM is a travel one. My permanent one is a normal SIM since the telco does not offer eSIMs. Both work together nicely in dual SIM mode. Would be great if dual eSIM works since it is the way forward. Looking forward to being able to move eSIMs between device :)

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
My eSIM is a travel one. My permanent one is a normal SIM since the telco does not offer eSIMs. Both work together nicely in dual SIM mode. Would be great if dual eSIM works since it is the way forward. Looking forward to being able to move eSIMs between device :)
It does work now and I'm very tempted to try it since my primary line is physical sim and secondary line is eSim. When connecting to my networks the eSim is almost immediate and the PS takes like forever sometimes needing a reboot. The only issue with the eSim is finding the right tech support person to send you the QR code that works.

Speaking of which, has anyone tried it on stock March update non rooted?

Last edited:

zippychimp

Jul 5, 2009
Can anyone with 2 US SIMs (or eSIMs) confirm if you can use the data from one SIM with WiFi calling from another?
The iPhone seems to have this and Android's "backup calling" option should enable it too. Thinking of getting this phone for foreign roaming but want to keep my US SIM. Thanks!

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
I have two sims one physical and one esim. One of my lines I can't get WiFi calling on and I'm not sure of the reason. But I can set data on that line and enable wifi calling on the other. It's the esim that I can't enable wifi calling on.

kwokchun

Jan 30, 2023
Does anybody has the same problem?

My main number is esim, with a second number on physical sim. Sometimes I can't turn on physical sim, have to disable esim and reboot to turn on physical sim.

charlie..

Jan 22, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S III Mini
i9100
Does anybody has the same problem?

My main number is esim, with a second number on physical sim. Sometimes I can't turn on physical sim, have to disable esim and reboot to turn on physical sim.
I got the same set up, work sim is physical and I turn it off during the weekend. Being on the latest beta android 13, it has some delay on the button so it seems for me it would not work enabling it, but after ~3 seconds it get turned on.

kwokchun

Jan 30, 2023
I got the same set up, work sim is physical and I turn it off during the weekend. Being on the latest beta android 13, it has some delay on the button so it seems for me it would not work enabling it, but after ~3 seconds it get turned on.
Sometimes a 3 seconds wait will do the trick, but after the recent update, it just won't turn on even I waited for few minutes.

Top Liked Posts