Dual Recovery for Honor 7

Search This thread

inside!out

Aug 10, 2011
Moscow
It's very simply!
We have 2 recovery partition. First - Recovery, Second - eRecovery. eRecovery isn't useful.
I tested flashing TWRP in second partition. Its work!

Fastboot flash recovery2 yourTWRP. Img

For enter to eRecovery power off the Honor, hold vol up and connect to pc
Or type adb reboot erecovery

Cons and pros
+ you have both recovery and can flash OTA updates.
- entering via root and terminal command: reboot erecovery

You have stock recovery and TWRP forever! [emoji6] Before you do full software update

Usefull app from @m_esser - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=67463880&postcount=6

Last edited:

Icetea

Nov 8, 2014
good news! good idea!
But without pc connection not usable. No way to recover a backup if you are not near a pc!
What is the trigger to identify a pc connection? 5Volt signal? Bridget contacts?
maybe it will be possible to create a little usb-adapter?:confused:

Last edited:

Icetea

Nov 8, 2014
good morning sir!;) nice to meet you here!
I see only one con. Entering in erecovery without pc.
yes, this seems to be right!

btw: there is a w-lan network inside too, but i was not able to connect to the huawei server or to dl a rescue file, so i think you are right and we can ignore them.;)

Info: If necessary, you can find the stock erecovery.img as recovery2.img in the v121 full rom. It seems to be unchanged since v121.

Last edited:

inside!out

Aug 10, 2011
Moscow
Info: If necessary, you can find the stock erecovery.img as recovery2.img in the v121 full rom. It seems to be unchanged since v121.
I have PLK-L01 debranded to TL01H and now it run in Android 6.0 (B634 6.2.1)
i'm too can't put any firmware in eRecvery ever. Also my eRecivery in Сhinese

m_esser

Mar 19, 2016
Nürnberg

Hi,

I am using a dual recovery configuration since several weeks. My personal preference is to install the stock recovery on /recovery and to install TWRP on /recovery2.
In order to get rid of the con mentioned above I have used Tasker and Tasker App Factory to make a small program for that purpose.
This APK is definitively not a masterpiece of software engineering (more a q&d solution) but it does what it should (at least for me) ... it shows a (re-)boot menu with some options the reboot the device into several modes including into eRecovery.

A Screenshot and the APK file itself are attached below.

Requirements:
To use this APK
  • the phone must be rooted (and therefore the bootloader must be unlocked)
  • root access must be granted to the app

Other Honor / Huawei devices:
Originally this app was intented to be used only on the Honor 7 phone. In the meantime several users on android-hilfe.de have tested it successfully on other Huawei devices as well. As far as I know by now the app is also working fine for the following devices:
  • Huawei P8 (GRA-LO9)
  • Huawei P9 (EVA-L09)

Additional comments:
  • There is no warranty for this app => you will use it on your own risk!
  • Due to very restricted spare time I will not provide any kind of support and I don't make any promise to continue development
  • The app does not check which recovery console is installed on both partitions - that's something you have to keep in mind by your own
  • The APK was developed on a Honor 7 with west-european firmware PLK-L01C432B330 by using Tasker and Tasker App Factory (decompiling will probably not work)

Credits:
Thanks to

• @Sminki for the implementation of TWRP 2.8.7 for the Honor 7
  • @paulobrien for the implementation of TWRP 3.0.2 for the Honor 7 (the only aspect I am still missing is the option to reboot into /recovery2 from TWRP ;) )
  • Crafty Apps EU for the powerful and easy to use tools Tasker and Tasker App Factory
  • AlicaFabienne on android-hilfe.de for testing the app on the above mentioned Huawei devices

Best regards
m_esser

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Hi,

in addition to the above mentioned con I see another weakness regarding dual recovery configurations.
Whenever the current configuration does not meet your needs you have to re-flash the recovery partitions manually by using adb and fastboot on a PC ... and that's quiet difficult if you are not at home or on travel without a PC.

Because of that I have created a flashable zip file for this purpose. When loading the zip file using TWRP you will be able to choose
  • recovery configuration
    - /recovery: stock recovery + /recovery2: TWRP
    - /recovery: TWRP + /recovery2: stock erecovery
    - /recovery: stock recovery + /recovery2: stock erecovery
  • - to install the app "Reboot for Huawei & Honor devices" optionally
The only weakness of this approach is the fact that you need TWRP on one of both recovery partitions because the zip file cannot be flashed with the stock recovery :(.

For those of you who might be interested the zip file can be downloaded <here>.

Requirements:
To use this flashable zip file
  • the phone must be rooted for using the integrated apk file (and therefore the bootloader must be unlocked)
  • TWRP must be installed on one of both recovery partitions
  • TWRP's screensaver should be disabled to avoid issues with Aroma Installer
  • the flashable zip file can only be executed on Honos 7 devices with firmware versions PLK-L01C432B313 to PLK-L01C432B330 (no other device and currently no other firmware)

Additional comments:
  • There is no warranty for this zip file => you will use it on your own risk!
  • Due to very restricted spare time I will not provide any kind of support and I don't make any promise to continue development
  • The zip file was developed on a Honor 7 with west-european firmware B330 by using amarullz's Aroma Installer

Credits:
Thanks to
  • @paulobrien for the implementation of TWRP 3.0.2 for the Honor 7 (the only aspect I am still missing is the option to reboot into /recovery2 from TWRP ;) )
  • amarullz for the awesome Aroma Installer

Best regards
m_esser

Last edited:

m_esser

Mar 19, 2016
Nürnberg
Just to let you know - I have just made the flashable zip file B370 compatible.

It can be downloaded using the above mentioned link. The zip file has the name "H7-Recovery-Configurator-0.2beta.zip".

Best regards
messer

Reactions: cyberfly

m_esser

Mar 19, 2016
Nürnberg
Just to keep you in the loop - I have just made the flashable zip file B371 compatible.

It can be downloaded using the above mentioned link. The zip file has the name "H7-Recovery-Configurator-0.4beta.zip".

Best regards
messer

AHMD92

Apr 2, 2015
question

I have PLK-L01 debranded to TL01H and now it run in Android 6.0 (B634 6.2.1)
i'm too can't put any firmware in eRecvery ever. Also my eRecivery in Сhinese

hi , I want to debrand my huawei honor 7 to china firmware because it have more feature than Europe firmware but is it worth it ?
is it stable ?:):)

m_esser

Mar 19, 2016
Nürnberg
The flashable zip will not work with TL01H ... and the integrated recovery images might be flashable directly but I don't know whether the recovery images will fit to your firmware.

Only for the rebooting apk it is very likely that it will work.

Best regards
m_esser

Last edited:

memht

Jul 31, 2011
I'm on B380 now (EMUI 4.0.1) Its perfect!!!

If you don't mind, can you define the perfect? :D For example; compare with B371.

And what are the differences between TL01H and UL00 rom?
One of them is Dual 4G version, the other is 4G Mobile Edition... I couldn't understand.

Edit: Actually I need 4G+ or 4.5G, whatever you calling.. so CA support is important.

Last edited:

inside!out

Aug 10, 2011
Moscow
If you don't mind, can you define the perfect? :D For example; compare with B371.

And what are the differences between TL01H and UL00 rom?
One of them is Dual 4G version, the other is 4G Mobile Edition... I couldn't understand.

Edit: Actually I need 4G+ or 4.5G, whatever you calling.. so CA support is important.

it does not matter! All laid in SOC. Put UL00 . Honor 7 is havn't dual 4G models. one sim 4G, second 2g
on 380 phone is sleep, safe power and recieve push message fine. 34 hour from 1 charge (4 hour of screen time)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi,

I am using a dual recovery configuration since several weeks. My personal preference is to install the stock recovery on /recovery and to install TWRP on /recovery2.
    In order to get rid of the con mentioned above I have used Tasker and Tasker App Factory to make a small program for that purpose.
    This APK is definitively not a masterpiece of software engineering (more a q&d solution) but it does what it should (at least for me) ... it shows a (re-)boot menu with some options the reboot the device into several modes including into eRecovery.

A Screenshot and the APK file itself are attached below.

Requirements:
    To use this APK
    • the phone must be rooted (and therefore the bootloader must be unlocked)
    • root access must be granted to the app

Other Honor / Huawei devices:
    Originally this app was intented to be used only on the Honor 7 phone. In the meantime several users on android-hilfe.de have tested it successfully on other Huawei devices as well. As far as I know by now the app is also working fine for the following devices:
    • Huawei P8 (GRA-LO9)
    • Huawei P9 (EVA-L09)

Additional comments:
    • There is no warranty for this app => you will use it on your own risk!
    • The app does not check which recovery console is installed on both partitions - that's something you have to keep in mind by your own
    • The APK was developed on a Honor 7 with west-european firmware PLK-L01C432B330 by using Tasker and Tasker App Factory (decompiling will probably not work)

Credits:
    Thanks to

• Crafty Apps EU for the powerful and easy to use tools Tasker and Tasker App Factory
    • AlicaFabienne on android-hilfe.de for testing the app on the above mentioned Huawei devices

Best regards
    m_esser

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Hi,

in addition to the above mentioned con I see another weakness regarding dual recovery configurations.
    Whenever the current configuration does not meet your needs you have to re-flash the recovery partitions manually by using adb and fastboot on a PC ... and that's quiet difficult if you are not at home or on travel without a PC.

Because of that I have created a flashable zip file for this purpose. When loading the zip file using TWRP you will be able to choose
    • recovery configuration
      - /recovery: stock recovery + /recovery2: TWRP
      - /recovery: TWRP + /recovery2: stock erecovery
      - /recovery: stock recovery + /recovery2: stock erecovery
    • - to install the app "Reboot for Huawei & Honor devices" optionally
    The only weakness of this approach is the fact that you need TWRP on one of both recovery partitions because the zip file cannot be flashed with the stock recovery :(.

For those of you who might be interested the zip file can be downloaded <here>.

Requirements:
    To use this flashable zip file
    • the phone must be rooted for using the integrated apk file (and therefore the bootloader must be unlocked)
    • TWRP must be installed on one of both recovery partitions
    • TWRP's screensaver should be disabled to avoid issues with Aroma Installer
    • the flashable zip file can only be executed on Honos 7 devices with firmware versions PLK-L01C432B313 to PLK-L01C432B330 (no other device and currently no other firmware)

Additional comments:
    • There is no warranty for this zip file => you will use it on your own risk!
    • The zip file was developed on a Honor 7 with west-european firmware B330 by using amarullz's Aroma Installer

Credits:
    Thanks to
    • amarullz for the awesome Aroma Installer

Best regards
    m_esser
    It's very simply!
    We have 2 recovery partition. First - Recovery, Second - eRecovery. eRecovery isn't useful.
    I tested flashing TWRP in second partition. Its work!

Fastboot flash recovery2 yourTWRP. Img

For enter to eRecovery power off the Honor, hold vol up and connect to pc
    Or type adb reboot erecovery

Cons and pros
    + you have both recovery and can flash OTA updates.
    - entering via root and terminal command: reboot erecovery

You have stock recovery and TWRP forever! [emoji6] Before you do full software update

Usefull app from @m_esser - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=67463880&postcount=6
    Just to let you know - I have just made the flashable zip file B370 compatible.

It can be downloaded using the above mentioned link. The zip file has the name "H7-Recovery-Configurator-0.2beta.zip".

Best regards
    messer
    hi , I want to debrand my huawei honor 7 to china firmware because it have more feature than Europe firmware but is it worth it ?
    is it stable ?:):)
    I'm on B380 now (EMUI 4.0.1) Its perfect!!!
    No problem with Google play services? Or any app compatibility ?
    I'm getting excited

No. I have solution w/o installing GAPPS
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone