Dual Screen Cover not working.

Search This thread

Inerent

Oct 6, 2017
Bucharest
So out of nowhere the second screen doesn't turn on. I can still do gestures and move apps to the second screen, but the screen is completely off. Anyone encountered this? I turned off and on, I updated the firmware through the hidden menu, I force closed the dual home app and still nothing. Help!?
Check out the 3 pins on both parts. Also did you do some changes in connectivity, wifi? Wifi Direct or screen sharing. Because I highly doubt the information and power are being transmitted only by 3 pins! Seems impossible.

Dathaniel

Dec 29, 2010
Were you messing around with, like, kingoroot or anything? Any recent updates you've done to the device? Any drops or impacts to the device, or left in a pocket and sat on, left in your pocket and your pants dropped to the floor? Caught in a downpour that soaked through your pants? The LG V50 is supposed to have good water resistance, but I'm not sure about the dual screen accessory. And chance it got wet?

Check out the 3 pins on both parts. Also did you do some changes in connectivity, wifi? Wifi Direct or screen sharing. Because I highly doubt the information and power are being transmitted only by 3 pins! Seems impossible.

Were you messing around with, like, kingoroot or anything? Any recent updates you've done to the device? Any drops or impacts to the device, or left in a pocket and sat on, left in your pocket and your pants dropped to the floor? Caught in a downpour that soaked through your pants? The LG V50 is supposed to have good water resistance, but I'm not sure about the dual screen accessory. And chance it got wet?

No to all of these. I just updated the phone normally through OTA. I'll try again today after work.

Try factory reset. What version did you get? August?
P. S. I'm a little out in the field, I'll come back in 2 hours with links. But those links are working.
Waiting news from you...

August 29th update. I really don't know what happened. I'm using a regular case untill I figure this out.

Like I said, I updated the second screen firmware and still nothing. I don't want to do a factory reset, but if nothing else works I'll have to do that.

Inerent

Oct 6, 2017
Bucharest
August 29th update. I really don't know what happened. I'm using a regular case untill I figure this out.

Like I said, I updated the second screen firmware and still nothing. I don't want to do a factory reset, but if nothing else works I'll have to do that.
For sure factory reset and WIPE cache. I,ve put the LGUP 1.16 and commond dll installers.
I,m buying another V500N this time with dual screen for a friend. The dual screen is for me. Also go for 2 back glasses gorilla 6 for backup. $12 on ebay/piece is a bargain.
:D

Dathaniel

Dec 29, 2010
Awesome, thanks.

If you're the type that the Dual Screen is calling to, rest assured, you're going to love it. It does feel a little prototypey, but I'm glad to see LG is still pursuing the form factor. I'm fully expecting the hype bubble around foldables to burst once people realize that the tech is an actual hindrance to productivity, and I'm hopeful that the dual screen implementation will take off instead.

That the V50 is confined to only 6gb/128gb memory, and lacks UFS3 are its only major trailing factors, but don't present any problem at current. Even faster charging options, reverse wireless for earbuds, and a depth sensor would be nice frills, but the wide angle selfie, the boom box and quad DAC more than make up for it. I do miss the ePen of the note, and can only dream at present of a Galaxy Note Dual Screen.

But I say, DO IT! The V50 Dual Screen is, even with price not considered, in my estimation, the best smartphone available in 2019. You'll love it. It changes everything.

Reactions: Inerent

huaquangvinh

Mar 30, 2016
Looks like this rom does not support. Dual screen icon was blurred.
(V500N Korea version U +)

Do you have any solutions that can help?
Thank you.

Attachments

• LGV50.jpg
    LGV50.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 16

mrmatey

Dec 28, 2008
Looks like this rom does not support. Dual screen icon was blurred.
(V500N Korea version U +)

Do you have any solutions that can help?
Thank you.
I have the (V500N Korea version U +) and it works good with the Dual screen. But i notice in your photo you have the screen folded all the way back ! This turns the screen off, and blurrs that dual screen icon (like you circled)
Open the screen up and and it should un-blurr (if that is a word).

(You may have worked this out already as your post is 1 1/2 months old now)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Awesome, thanks.

If you're the type that the Dual Screen is calling to, rest assured, you're going to love it. It does feel a little prototypey, but I'm glad to see LG is still pursuing the form factor. I'm fully expecting the hype bubble around foldables to burst once people realize that the tech is an actual hindrance to productivity, and I'm hopeful that the dual screen implementation will take off instead.

That the V50 is confined to only 6gb/128gb memory, and lacks UFS3 are its only major trailing factors, but don't present any problem at current. Even faster charging options, reverse wireless for earbuds, and a depth sensor would be nice frills, but the wide angle selfie, the boom box and quad DAC more than make up for it. I do miss the ePen of the note, and can only dream at present of a Galaxy Note Dual Screen.

But I say, DO IT! The V50 Dual Screen is, even with price not considered, in my estimation, the best smartphone available in 2019. You'll love it. It changes everything.