Dual screen suddenly stopped working and battery drain

Search This thread

Airtioteclint

Nov 20, 2012
It just stopped turning on and everytime I tried, I got a toast that said to try again after reattaching the dual screen. This only temporarily fixed it and after a few times of reattaching it the phone doesn't even recognize the case anymore.

The magnetic charging still works.

Anybody encounter this or know how to fix?

Last edited:

Airtioteclint

Nov 20, 2012
Something else. I've had massive battery drain since my dual screen stopped working. At a rate of 6-7% an hour without usage. I have to recharge it twice a day once in the morning and once at night to keep it from dying on me (again without even using the phone). The battery usage only shows system as using battery.

Things I've tried.
1. Rebooting
2. Factory reset (retore with drive)
3. Factory reset (setting up from scratch)
4. Deleting LG message and installing textra. Deleting LG contacts and installing google contacts. Installing and using Google phone as default over LG.

None of these has worked. I'm wondering if it was due to the latest T-mobile update which i took a couple of weeks ago and only noticed it later.

Anybody on T-mobile having battery problem? Any suggestions?

Danjen22

Oct 22, 2018
LG V50 ThinQ
LG G8X ThinQ
Have tried a a hard reset and it‘s still happening. I think mine is a loose connection somewhere. It will stay on and play a movie all the way through if it’s left on the table but if I’m holding the phone while using it it will turn off. No idea if it’s fixable though?

Airtioteclint

Nov 20, 2012
Have tried a a hard reset and it‘s still happening. I think mine is a loose connection somewhere. It will stay on and play a movie all the way through if it’s left on the table but if I’m holding the phone while using it it will turn off. No idea if it’s fixable though?
So your problem didn't start after taking the latest T-mobile update then? Turning off while holding sounds bad i hope you can get it figured out.

Now I'm convinced mine had something to do with the dual screen case. It started right after my dual screen case stopped working. I'm guessing it loosened the usb connector or maybe something from the magnet charging adapter itself.

Danjen22

Oct 22, 2018
LG V50 ThinQ
LG G8X ThinQ
So your problem didn't start after taking the latest T-mobile update then? Turning off while holding sounds bad i hope you can get it figured out.

Now I'm convinced mine had something to do with the dual screen case. It started right after my dual screen case stopped working. I'm guessing it loosened the usb connector or maybe something from the magnet charging adapter itself.
I'm in the UK. My problems started after I upgraded to android 10. It worked flawlessly up until then. I then updated to android 11 hoping that might solve the problem but it didn't. I'm now thinking it's a fault with the screen after it played the whole of the eternals film without turning off as it was sat on the table and not touched. As soon as I try and do something with it while holding it, it turns off, but there's no specific time limit. Sometimes it's on for 20 minutes before it turns off, sometimes it's 20 seconds.