• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Dual sim full active

Search This thread

guybrush2099

Apr 19, 2013
...and if I am surfing on socials like Facebook in SIM #1 does it work receiving call on SIM #2 or is it stopped?

EDIT: solved :)

Last edited:

Nezzox

Mar 5, 2013
Similar to the Huawei Mate 10 series, the P20 and P20 Pro can support dual-SIMs with dual 4G and dual VoLTE running at the same time. This provides the best dual-SIM experience as both lines are connected to the best network possible. It also supports download speeds of up to 1.2Gbps with 4X4 MIMO over a 4.5G LTE network.

subhani

Dec 9, 2010
Similar to the Huawei Mate 10 series, the P20 and P20 Pro can support dual-SIMs with dual 4G and dual VoLTE running at the same time. This provides the best dual-SIM experience as both lines are connected to the best network possible. It also supports download speeds of up to 1.2Gbps with 4X4 MIMO over a 4.5G LTE network.

This all depends on whether you have the dual sim version of the P20 Pro. Most UK versions are single SIM only. Allegedly, these can be converted to dual sim using a guide available on this forum or using the funky huawei paid service. I am still looking for full verification that this workaround is fully functional or not. Goes without saying that, you will also need to buy a dual sim tray for these UK versions of the P20 Pro.

Nezzox

Mar 5, 2013
This all depends on whether you have the dual sim version of the P20 Pro. Most UK versions are single SIM only. Allegedly, these can be converted to dual sim using a guide available on this forum or using the funky huawei paid service. I am still looking for full verification that this workaround is fully functional or not. Goes without saying that, you will also need to buy a dual sim tray for these UK versions of the P20 Pro.

Oh, I'm in Sweden, and my dual SIM works like a charm. Have my work sim and private sim running simultaneously without any issues at all. I opted in the settings to run the surf on sim 2 since I have more data on that one even.

I do wish I could set one number at "do not disturb" at a time. Or change the ringer to vibrate or silent for just one of the phone number.

easycure1974

Nov 22, 2005
Eskilstuna
Still only dual sim standby and not dual sim active so it could be better

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8

@OP

What this guy said is 100%

The only way to obtain dual SIM from a single SIM variant is to essentially lose bootloader unlocking ability by using the funky Huawei method.

It's up to you to decide which you think is more important.

Nezzox

Mar 5, 2013
What's the difference between active and standby? Plus, did you rebrand your phone after network unlocking it? Did it affect the network unlock at all?

Uhm, well. Mostly here in Sweden the phones are unlocked and unbranded. So, I just smacked my work sim and private sim in the phone and activated the "dual active 4G" option.

Nezzox

Mar 5, 2013
What's the difference between active and standby? Plus, did you rebrand your phone after network unlocking it? Did it affect the network unlock at all?

Well the text is in Swedish. But the options says, "internet access during phonecall" and "dual SIM 4g".

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180708_205510.jpg
    Screenshot_20180708_205510.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 737

easycure1974

Nov 22, 2005
Eskilstuna
Well, don't know what to tell you. I have dual active.
You dont. Try to make a call from sim2 when sim1 is engaged in a call. Or be on a call on sim1 and and get a notice when someone calls you on sim2 and change to that call. You cant do that and that is the difference of dualsim standby and active. The last Huawei device to have dualsim active was the Honor 8. After that they have stopped supporting it, cheaper with standby than active

Last edited:

Nezzox

Mar 5, 2013
You dont. Try to make a call from sim2 when sim1 is engaged in a call. Or be on a call on sim1 and and get a notice when someone calls you on sim2 and change to thst call. You cant do that and that is the difference of dualsim standby and active

Yeah that works. If I'm in a call I can add a call using the second line without the first call dropping out. The first call can't hear me tho, unless I switch back. But, both are connected, just the the speaker and mic can only be connected to one at a time. I figure that's a software limitation tho.

easycure1974

Nov 22, 2005
Eskilstuna
Yeah that works. If I'm in a call I can add a call using the second line without the first call dropping out. The first call can't hear me tho, unless I switch back. But, both are connected, just the the speaker and mic can only be connected to one at a time. I figure that's a software limitation tho.
Strange that your phone can make it but not mine. And since the phone just supports dualsim standby and not active it should not work. Thats why there are an option to forward calls to the other sim when the the first one is engaged in a call as it is not possible to have both sims active at the same time as the phone just got one radio part.

Nezzox

Mar 5, 2013
Strange that your phone can make it but not mine. And since the phone just supports dualsim standby and not active it should not work. Thats why there are an option to forward calls to the other sim when the the first one is engaged in a call as it is not possible to have both sims active at the same time as the phone just got one radio part.

I actually just tried after the last comment to make sure. And it works. It might be because both of the cards are on the network provider "3" and they do the calls over 3g and 4g since they don't have 2g access. And as my earlier screenshot shows, you can have both of the 4g's active at the same time.

But if you're right about that "one radio part" shouldn't that also be impossible? I'd think it's weird to build in two 3/4g antennas and just one 2g.

radurus

Aug 16, 2010
Sorry I have to revive this dead topic.

Is there an updated list of DSFA smartphones (dual sim active, two radio modules)?

I know DSFA can somehow be "emulated" using VoLTE /dual VoLTE or VoWifi if the device and carrier supports it.

Top Liked Posts