Dual sim functionality KB2007 OOS 13 beta 1

Search This thread

Rizwanxt

Apr 19, 2022
Are both of your IMEI's same? If they're same don't update to stable if they're different you should give it a try (maybe there's a hope you will get both sims working) ... I saw some guys having OnePlus 8 TMobile global converted even after updating to stable both of their sims were working without any issue..
Yes both imei's are same

agiangone

Dec 30, 2022
Just wanted to thank ghost.ign for this information as I was stuck on Android 11 (KB2003) for a long time on my One Plus 8T Tmobile Version (KB2007). Recently I had an app demanding the "Nearby Devices" setting which was not available in Android 11. I had found out at my expense that Android 12 would no longer support dual SIM.
The 13 Beta 1 India version (KB2001) (The only available I believe) is working just fine. Thank you for the link. I only had to rename the file to remove the .jar and go to .zip
Thank you also for the tip about using the Nova Launcher as the OnePlus was indeed crashing after the update. Everything works better than when I was on 11 and I only have to recreate my main screen shortcuts but all my data is safe.
Honestly I cannot yet find a better phone (hardware wise) than the 8T. In the future I'll probably buy the international version to avoid these issues with dual sim.
Happy New Year!

agiangone

Dec 30, 2022
Do you guys still see 5g under tmobile? I only see 4g so far but it could be that I'm not in a 5g covered area. Any settings I should be looking for?

agiangone

Dec 30, 2022
Thank you for confirming. Somehow, the "Preferred Network" selection was the one going up to 4G only. I switched it to 5G and it is fine now. Except after a reboot my second sim is not connecting...not sure why.

agiangone

Dec 30, 2022
And of course, now the second sim works fine as well. Just noticed though that the 5G option for the second SIM is not available. I wonder if the phone is not capable or the SIM does not support 5G. Anyway it's all good! Thank you folks!

jcsww

Thank you for confirming. Somehow, the "Preferred Network" selection was the one going up to 4G only. I switched it to 5G and it is fine now. Except after a reboot my second sim is not connecting...not sure why.
Your main SIM is T-Mobile. Who is your second SIM with? T-Mobile works best with NR/LTE/TDSCDMA/GSM/WCDMA from my experience. My second SIM is for Telus in Canada. I lost 5G on that SIM moving to the Android 13 beta 1 unfortunately where it worked fine on the Android 11 EU build I was on before upgrading. Both SIM's still work though in DSDS.

agiangone

Dec 30, 2022
My main sim is with T mobile also. The second one is from TIM (Italy) and I keep data roaming off while I'm in the US so I don't really mind only having 4G. In fact I don't remember having 5G before. Small price to pay for everything else for me but thank you for clarifying, it may be important to others.

agiangone

Dec 30, 2022
With the stable release of Android 13 released for India and NA (Global). Has anyone tried updating their KB2007 to see if dual-SIM is enabled on the stable build?
I just did accidently and the second sim is disabled. Trying to rollback requires activating developer mode (click five times on Android version) but then when trying to load the same firmware linked above, I get verification failed.

ghost.ign

Nov 7, 2022
OnePlus 8T
I just did accidently and the second sim is disabled. Trying to rollback requires activating developer mode (click five times on Android version) but then when trying to load the same firmware linked above, I get verification failed.
Install the rollback package through this app you would be fine... And there's difference between rollback and upgrade package.. download your desired rollback package first.. if you need any kinda further help just comment below i would love to help you

Top Liked Posts