Dual sim working on desire

Search This thread

beng

Feb 27, 2007
how about divert ...

... What if you were to divert all incoming calls on your voice sim onto the data sim when voice was unavailable... might that at least give you incoming calls?

bubblesmoney

Jun 1, 2010
  1. is there any app out there that allows both sims to be used at the same time.
  2. what are the options for such dual sim devices for the htc desire that dont need one to cut the sim card.
  3. people have mentioned an app that allows switching the sims without needing to pull out the simcard. does this app allow any settings for data connection to be switched off when using one simcard and allow data connection only when using the other simcard.
  4. does the app automatically log in to google services from both accounts or does one have to manually do that every time the switching is done. does the back cover of the desire fit properly when using these dual sim adapters?

questionesse

Jul 11, 2010
the ebay link isn't working anymore. to which adapter are you referring?
is there any cheap n equally functionable alternative to the hypercard 3g?

kuzek1

Aug 18, 2010
I have simore platinium. But it only work with one simcard (ERA) and don't see the second sim card (Plus). The support can't help me. Both sim cards work in adapters. I wonder why or what can be the problem. ERA - sim card have a standard size chip a little bigger , so I have to cut a litlle the chip.(it works), second chip (Plus simcard) is smaller so I had to cut only the plastic.
I wonder - maybe the problem is with this smaller chip ? Maybe someone can help me to solve this Q .. ? why simore platinium only see one Simcard. (it can be in slot1 or slot2)

I want to also try the MagicSim 26th generation.

Do you use it ?

kuzek1

Aug 18, 2010
I have now MagicSim 26th gen, and the problems is still thesame. It only see one sim card.

trunks986

Nov 11, 2009
my dual sim 26th gen doesn't work on my desire....i've used it on an Acer liquid and it worked very very well!!
Which custom rom/official rom do you have on your desire?

rho

Feb 2, 2006
MagicSim 26th gen doesn't work on CM6.0.0

Hi, I have a MagicSim 26th gen and can confirm that it does work (a bit buggy, but hey) on HTC's stock android 2.1 rom.
After the upgrade to Cyanogensmod 6.0.0 the MagicSim stops working.
Another user here has reported the same and it's supposedly in the 2.2 rom versions. I haven't verified this.
Let's please post rom versions to verify which ones work.

rottunix

Jul 25, 2010
I switched from iPhone to Desire ;-).

But HTC should think a little better about it's designs.
I don't want to power down and take my phone apart to switch sim card or SD card.

I hope they fix this in future models.

R

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

snudel

Jan 17, 2006
Berlin
ignore.it
dont waste your time searching for alternatives.
the hypercard is the only one working everywhere in any phone with 3g

you have to have the STK.apk in your phone (sim toolkit) and you can switch without pulling off anything or swithing off anything.

the cutting is really easy. i was frieghtend too. but it is easy. and you dont have to be precise. sone glitches here and there are not making the sim malfunction.

it switches networks within 10secs and grabs APN settings for new network after another 10 secs.

you have to login to your gmail afterwards once. thats it.

i am forwarding my calls from private to corporate sim. so i am always reachable via private.

rho

Feb 2, 2006
MagicSim 26th gen working on FroYo

Guys & Gals,

I can confirm that the MagicSim is working on the auraxTsense 7.6 Mod. See t=742371 on this forum (not allowed to post links ;)
Be sure to clear data and cache before installing.

I think HTC has included something that makes this work, but I can not confirm it (nor explain what 'it' is).

Hope this helps.

Greetz,

Rho

BeeGee_Tokyo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
dont waste your time searching for alternatives.
the hypercard is the only one working everywhere in any phone with 3g

you have to have the STK.apk in your phone (sim toolkit) and you can switch without pulling off anything or swithing off anything.

the cutting is really easy. i was frieghtend too. but it is easy. and you dont have to be precise. sone glitches here and there are not making the sim malfunction.

it switches networks within 10secs and grabs APN settings for new network after another 10 secs.

you have to login to your gmail afterwards once. thats it.

i am forwarding my calls from private to corporate sim. so i am always reachable via private.

I can confirm this. Tried several adapters before. Hypercard is the only one which works with two 3G SIM cards.
Using it right now with 2 Softbank SIM cards (private and business) in Japan.
Programmed forwarding calls for both numbers, so whatever SIM is active, I get all calls from both numbers.

Using MultiSIM as well to see which SIM is active. Good program, only it does not support the switching between the SIMs, so I have to go thru the SIM Toolkit.

As mentioned in an earlier thread, the only annoying thing is that I get a "wrong password" message for Google mail every time I switch SIMs. Anybody has a solution for this?

nfsnfsnfs

Jul 30, 2010
I can confirm this. Tried several adapters before. Hypercard is the only one which works with two 3G SIM cards.
Using it right now with 2 Softbank SIM cards (private and business) in Japan.
Programmed forwarding calls for both numbers, so whatever SIM is active, I get all calls from both numbers.

Using MultiSIM as well to see which SIM is active. Good program, only it does not support the switching between the SIMs, so I have to go thru the SIM Toolkit.

As mentioned in an earlier thread, the only annoying thing is that I get a "wrong password" message for Google mail every time I switch SIMs. Anybody has a solution for this?

Is this programming network feature or a program on the phone ? .

What program you use to switch between SIMs ?