• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Dualboot] Android Boot Manager

Search This thread

luka177

Jun 13, 2019
Hello!
There were a lot of problems, but i got filesystem woring in abl, so soon pro1 beta will be avalible! For sure this device is not a pro 1, but it is another device that uses qalcomm ABL (Android Boot Loader uefi app), and it is expected to work same on pro 1. If you wonder what device is that, that is Tadiphone (Nubia tp1803 prototype)
jyy.jpg

Reactions: vdvdvd

vdvdvd

Hello!
There were a lot of problems, but i got filesystem woring in abl, so soon pro1 beta will be avalible! For sure this device is not a pro 1, but it is another device that uses qalcomm ABL (Android Boot Loader uefi app), and it is expected to work same on pro 1. If you wonder what device is that, that is Tadiphone (Nubia tp1803 prototype)
Great to hear, thank you very much for your work and quick response.

luka177

Jun 13, 2019
i will like to test. if its up or you ping here i have a Realme c3 RMX2027.
A cheap but good processor Helio G70, it come with android 10 out of the box rn on RUI 1 but Realme pushed Rui2 Beta for Realme c3.. Considered me as a tester i will wait for your reply.
Hi ABM do not support that device yet, are you interested in porting ABM to your device?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMG_20210926_215637_318.jpg
    Android boot manager menu on pro1, ufs is working.
    Hello!
    jyy.jpg
    Hi!
    I would like to present you Android Boot Manager dualboot solution.
    For now we have 4 work in progress devices:
    1. Volla Phone
    2. F(x)tec Pro 1/X
    3. Moto G5
    4. Galaxy S3 neo (nothing done yet)

Our wiki

Why new solution?

There is a lot of them already, such as: efidroid, multirom, dualboot patcher.
    Now all of them are dead, because google implemented SAR, A/B, super partition.
    We aim to support all that.

How it work?

ABM consists of 2 parts: bootloader and app+ sh scripts.
    App with sh scriptes is used to install bootloader and add new roms.
    Bootloader is used to display list of roms and load linux kernel with right dtb and optionally initrd.

What is used as BL:
    Anything that can boot kernel. It coud be either 2nd stage bl, or in some cases even phones main bl.
    For now:
    Volla Phone (MTK's lk based bl)
    F(x)tec Pro1/X (custom abl + uefi app)
    Moto G5 and S3 neo (lk2nd)

Thanks to:
    nift4 (Android app dev, co-creator of project)
    LVGL team (GUI library)
    lk (little kernel, used as bootloader on some platforms)
    Fxtec (HW)
    Volla (HW)
    I have a F(x)tec Pro1 ready for some stunts, I'm happy to serve as a test pilot as soon as I can find some instructions!

You call it Android Boot Manager. Does that mean it is made specifically to boot things that are based on Android, like Stock, AICPQ, LineageOS, or is that true for any ported OS that runs on libhybris with the Android kernel (plus some patches sometimes), like hybris-mobian, ArchARM, SFOS, etc.?
    Hi!
    Android Boot Manager will support Ubuntu touch, SFOS, and other too i hope. Currently i am working on fxtec bringup. I got gui in uefi already, tho lvgl have problems with font.
    IMG_20210926_215637_318.jpg
    Android boot manager menu on pro1, ufs is working.