[DUB6] OFFICIAL STOCK FW-update(Odin) thread (18 Feb 21) GALAXY Note20 Ultra SM-N986B

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
This is the first time I've ever asked... so keep your cheap chirps to yourself!
You were saying?

Once again: if someone has the OTA-file, it'll be posted here...

In the meantime, you could have downloaded the Odin-file already...

Jostian

Oct 21, 2010
Pretoria
You were saying?

Dude I never asked for the OTA in any of those replies just how to use it, there's a difference...
You were saying?

OMG, so in a thread that's 6 months old over 16 pages I asked for the OTA file not once BUT twice (how dare I), I'm so sorry, how petty that people take offence to a simple request, which comes purely from eagerness without any maliciousness at all, geez!

And for the record the 2nd link in your reply above, is me asking how one uses the OTA, nowhere near the same thing as asking for the file...but hey if you are out to be nasty go for it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dolgogi

Sprov

Oct 12, 2015
Bologna
CUA3 looks a little better than CUA2. However, there are still lags and frame drops across the ONE UI 3.
I haven't had any lag since the second Beta of one UI 3.0. Frame drops have been so rare that are really not worth mentioning. Figure out what's going on because it's definitely not normal

Nizam_A

Nov 24, 2020
I haven't had any lag since the second Beta of one UI 3.0. Frame drops have been so rare that are really not worth mentioning. Figure out what's going on because it's definitely not normal
I mean it's definitely better but occasionally it lags. Especially if your using a custom launcher which I've seen. Always the os kinda freaks out hehe

Sprov

Oct 12, 2015
Bologna
I mean it's definitely better but occasionally it lags. Especially if your using a custom launcher which I've seen. Always the os kinda freaks out hehe
I always used Nova and had none of the issues you're describing.
If you are using the Android 10 gestures and a 3rd party launcher then OF COURSE you have issues, those two are not fully compatible

Nizam_A

Nov 24, 2020
If you are using the Android 10 gestures and a 3rd party launcher then OF COURSE you have issues, those two are not fully compatible
Yep full screen gestures so ofc. Also animations to 0.5 and nova no animations. So can't really complain its too fast.

Nizam_A

Nov 24, 2020
Oh and also 120hz and battery saver so cpu is throttled

Sprov

Oct 12, 2015
Bologna
Oh and also 120hz and battery saver so cpu is throttled
So your phone is behaving exactly as it's supposed to. Gesture support fort 3rd party launchersrs won't come in minor updates like these, if it's ever gonna come at all. I suggest to use animations at .66x or .75x instead of .5x, a much better experience IMO. To set up animation speed granularly you can use SystemUI tuner. I also reccomend to either use the stock launcher if you really want to stick to Android 10 gestures, or otherwise do as everyone else who's using a 3rd party launcher and plug samsung gestures or buttons along with One Hand Operation +.
I hate to say it but you can' complain if you're using the phone wrong (sound like Apple sheep doesn't it?), you choose to tune down the SoC and use a navigation system that is not supported from the launcher soooo

Nizam_A

Nov 24, 2020
So your phone is behaving exactly as it's supposed to. Gesture support fort 3rd party launchersrs won't come in minor updates like these, if it's ever gonna come at all. I suggest to use animations at .66x or .75x instead of .5x, a much better experience IMO. To set up animation speed granularly you can use SystemUI tuner. I also reccomend to either use the stock launcher if you really want to stick to Android 10 gestures, or otherwise do as everyone else who's using a 3rd party launcher and plug samsung gestures or buttons along with One Hand Operation +.
I hate to say it but you can' complain if you're using the phone wrong (sound like Apple sheep doesn't it?), you choose to tune down the SoC and use a navigation system that is not supported from the launcher soooo
Don't mean to be complaining just stating my experience with the phone and software. But over the general UI yep it's gr8