[DUB6] OFFICIAL STOCK FW-update(Odin) thread (18 Feb 21) GALAXY Note20 Ultra SM-N986B

Sprov

Oct 12, 2015
Bologna
You're giving feedback on an update which is misleading for whose who didn't update yet. A lot of people won't update because of statements like yours. Glad we found a point of agreement tough!

chdpiyush

Nov 20, 2012
Hello everyone
I bought note 20 ultra (sm-n986b/ds) with 2 degree branding from a friend from New zealand with . However i am from india. Can i install indian stock firmware on this device via odin? I have attached the screenshot of indian firmware i found on sammobile. Kindly help.
Thank u
Screenshot_20210118-215014_Samsung Internet.jpg

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
Hello everyone
I bought note 20 ultra (sm-n986b/ds) with 2 degree branding from a friend from New zealand with . However i am from india. Can i install indian stock firmware on this device via odin? I have attached the screenshot of indian firmware i found on sammobile. Kindly help.
Thank uView attachment 5191603
Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

chdpiyush

Nov 20, 2012
Thanks

Was your Indian SIM-card in your device when making the screenshots?

If so: you can install Indian firmware, but it won't change the CSC to INU (it's not showing now in Software Serviceprovider).
Yes i was using indian sim card. Any way out to change csc to inu?
And shd i use patched odin to flash this firmware?

hellrc5

Feb 13, 2018
BEFORE you install any android 11 update install google phone app (dialer) make it default and type *#*#27262826#*#*, it will bring up csc selection menu where you can change nzc to ins or whatever csc you like. this WILL WIPE YOUR DATA. after that install OTA updates it will update to android 11 or you can install via odin if you want. thr csc selection menu does not work in android 11

Reactions: Walden0

Nizam_A

Nov 24, 2020
BEFORE you install any android 11 update install google phone app (dialer) make it default and type *#*#27262826#*#*, it will bring up csc selection menu where you can change nzc to ins or whatever csc you like. this WILL WIPE YOUR DATA. after that install OTA updates it will update to android 11 or you can install via odin if you want. thr csc selection menu does not work in android 11
damn should have seen that before wanted to change H3G to BTU, so i could get OTA UK updates and not wait for the carrier

Nizam_A

Nov 24, 2020
bit off the topic but how's the battery for you guys. I remember you mentioning a package disabler to increase the battery could you elaborate?

hellrc5

Feb 13, 2018
damn should have seen that before wanted to change H3G to BTU, so i could get OTA UK updates and not wait for the carrier
well the boot loader version is still at number one so if you want backup, use odin to flash back a droid 10 firmware, change csc and uodate to ctl5, cua2 or cua3 firmware again and restire your stuff

hellrc5

Feb 13, 2018
bit off the topic but how's the battery for you guys. I remember you mentioning a package disabler to increase the battery could you elaborate?
that dev is a scam, he keeps deleting his app fr9m pkay store to make people buy it again over and over every 1-2 years.

alternatively you can use the adb apk control app for free or for a few dollars donation if you want the extended version. basically the concept is simple you disable everything that you dont need/use so it wont be loaded into the memory up on boot. make sure you do not go overboard and dont disable stuff that u have no idea about.

mbilalc

Jun 14, 2019
Try ccswe and give it permissions via adb. But as stated above, be very careful when disabling packages as you might end up with worse batteryf Life. My experience is so just leave it all to Android to optimise the consumption. Over time the battery life gets better. I've just naptime recently but seemed to get me worse battery life! So right now I've got absolutely nothing in modifications of software i.t.o apps.

chdpiyush

Nov 20, 2012
Thanks alot i got this working and got india csc. Also got ota android 11 upgrade. Thanks a ton

Reactions: hellrc5