[DUB6] OFFICIAL STOCK FW-update(Odin) thread (18 Feb 21) GALAXY Note20 Ultra SM-N986B

hellrc5

Feb 13, 2018
Has anyone else had this issue. So I'm using the original charger and cable but normal fast charging isn't working.
same here, I would say it is a (strange) feature not a bug. I tried with a charger which was included with my note7 and an other charger for a note8 and they both do fast charge the phone. the original n20u charger does not fast charge the phone with your settings. I am on CUA3 firmware at this moment. I usually use the N7 charger otherwise because I dont want to stress the battery plus that new piece of @!#[email protected] feels really fragile with the usb-c to usb-c cable connected at the top of the brick....

Nizam_A

Nov 24, 2020
same here, I would say it is a (strange) feature not a bug. I tried with a charger which was included with my note7 and an other charger for a note8 and they both do fast charge the phone. the original n20u charger does not fast charge the phone with your settings. I am on CUA3 firmware at this moment. I usually use the N7 charger otherwise because I dont want to stress the battery plus that new piece of @!#[email protected] feels really fragile with the usb-c to usb-c cable connected at the top of the brick....
Agreed. I mean I have the Samsung bank and it fast charges fine. I just dont get it. I don't want to use super fast charging. At home not going anywhere so no rush 😂. And cable is a bit slow. +30 mins

joymishra

Dec 27, 2009
I have a quick question here. So my country is India -INS ( of course Exynos) so, could I go ahead and update to ORX or BTU firmware and would not incur any issues? Could I do that? Does region specific firmware have performance difference on the same hardware? Any help appreciated.

hellrc5

Feb 13, 2018
you can flash any firmware from the OXM countries. btu is the newest (cua3), most countries are still on cua2 and some on the older ctl5 release. all android 11

woodchild

Dec 21, 2016
Question:
I have on my SM-N986B/DS the N986***CUA3/N986***CUA3/N986***CTL5.
Nor i see on Friya N986BXXU1CTL5/N986BOXM1CTL5/N986BXXU1CTL5 ILO.
Is that Firmware newer?
How can i look to see the Date of the Release?

Ah, find the solution self. In the Filename is the Date: SM-N986B_1_20201223171035_j4p9axwhdp_fac.zip.enc4 22.01.2020

please, this post can be deleted

Last edited: