[DUC8] OFFICIAL STOCK FW-update(Odin) thread (20 Mar 21) GALAXY Note20 Ultra SM-N986B

Search This thread

Sprov

Oct 12, 2015
Bologna
You're giving feedback on an update which is misleading for whose who didn't update yet. A lot of people won't update because of statements like yours. Glad we found a point of agreement tough!

chdpiyush

Nov 20, 2012
Hello everyone
I bought note 20 ultra (sm-n986b/ds) with 2 degree branding from a friend from New zealand with . However i am from india. Can i install indian stock firmware on this device via odin? I have attached the screenshot of indian firmware i found on sammobile. Kindly help.
Thank u
Screenshot_20210118-215014_Samsung Internet.jpg

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
Hello everyone
I bought note 20 ultra (sm-n986b/ds) with 2 degree branding from a friend from New zealand with . However i am from india. Can i install indian stock firmware on this device via odin? I have attached the screenshot of indian firmware i found on sammobile. Kindly help.
Thank uView attachment 5191603

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com

Thanks

Was your Indian SIM-card in your device when making the screenshots?

If so: you can install Indian firmware, but it won't change the CSC to INU (it's not showing now in Software Serviceprovider).

chdpiyush

Nov 20, 2012
Thanks

Was your Indian SIM-card in your device when making the screenshots?

If so: you can install Indian firmware, but it won't change the CSC to INU (it's not showing now in Software Serviceprovider).
Yes i was using indian sim card. Any way out to change csc to inu?
And shd i use patched odin to flash this firmware?

hellrc5

Feb 13, 2018
BEFORE you install any android 11 update install google phone app (dialer) make it default and type *#*#27262826#*#*, it will bring up csc selection menu where you can change nzc to ins or whatever csc you like. this WILL WIPE YOUR DATA. after that install OTA updates it will update to android 11 or you can install via odin if you want. thr csc selection menu does not work in android 11

Reactions: Walden0

Nizam_A

Nov 24, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
BEFORE you install any android 11 update install google phone app (dialer) make it default and type *#*#27262826#*#*, it will bring up csc selection menu where you can change nzc to ins or whatever csc you like. this WILL WIPE YOUR DATA. after that install OTA updates it will update to android 11 or you can install via odin if you want. thr csc selection menu does not work in android 11
damn should have seen that before wanted to change H3G to BTU, so i could get OTA UK updates and not wait for the carrier

hellrc5

Feb 13, 2018
damn should have seen that before wanted to change H3G to BTU, so i could get OTA UK updates and not wait for the carrier

well the boot loader version is still at number one so if you want backup, use odin to flash back a droid 10 firmware, change csc and uodate to ctl5, cua2 or cua3 firmware again and restire your stuff

hellrc5

Feb 13, 2018
bit off the topic but how's the battery for you guys. I remember you mentioning a package disabler to increase the battery could you elaborate?
that dev is a scam, he keeps deleting his app fr9m pkay store to make people buy it again over and over every 1-2 years.

alternatively you can use the adb apk control app for free or for a few dollars donation if you want the extended version. basically the concept is simple you disable everything that you dont need/use so it wont be loaded into the memory up on boot. make sure you do not go overboard and dont disable stuff that u have no idea about.

mbilalc

Jun 14, 2019
bit off the topic but how's the battery for you guys. I remember you mentioning a package disabler to increase the battery could you elaborate?

Try ccswe and give it permissions via adb. But as stated above, be very careful when disabling packages as you might end up with worse batteryf Life. My experience is so just leave it all to Android to optimise the consumption. Over time the battery life gets better. I've just naptime recently but seemed to get me worse battery life! So right now I've got absolutely nothing in modifications of software i.t.o apps.

chdpiyush

Nov 20, 2012
Thanks alot i got this working and got india csc. Also got ota android 11 upgrade. Thanks a ton

Reactions: hellrc5

Jostian

Oct 21, 2010
Pretoria
With some debloating and tweaking you can easily get around 8hrs SoT and 2 days between charges.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20201222-214444_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    SmartSelect_20201222-214444_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 35

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest Firmware Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G

Screenshot_20210319-104422_Software update.jpg

This ROM is the latest ROM for Multi-CSC OXM released 20 Mar 21, and can be used for ALL CSC's mentioned in Multi-CSC OXM!
    This is official Samsung ROM, so KNOX won't be triggered!

What's new:
    * March security patches (Samsung Android Security Updates)
    * Night Portrait has been added at 1x portrait.
    * New Portrait effects have been added.
    * Ability to choose between Auto and Max exposure time in Night Mode.
    * Ultrawide angle camera in Pro Mode
    * The security of your device has been improved

Model SM-N986B
    Model name Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G
    Country Multi-CSC OXM
    Version Android 11
    Changelist 21234501
    Build date Fri, 12 Mar 2021 02:38:01 +0000
    Security Patch Level 2021-03-01
    Multi-CSC OXM
    PDA N986BXXU1DUC8
    CSC N986BOXM1DUC8
    Details for download with Frija:
    Naamloos.png

UN-ZIP the archive and place the files in the designated slots in Odin 3.14.4

HOME_CSC_OXM -> data will stay intact
    CSC_OXM -> device will reset

SM-N986B OXM multi-CSC:
    In this thread, You can share the Mega-Links of new firmware's (OFFICIAL STOCK) for the Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G (so: NO CUSTOM ROM's and/or ROOT-talk)...

How to flash firmware to your phone:

hH9QtL.png

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download Odin v3.14.4
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.4
    5. Power OFF your Note20 Ultra 5G
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Connect USB-cable to your computer. Hold down "Volume up" and "Volume down" at same time. While holding down, connect the USB-cable to your phone.
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

*** You can always find the LATEST firmware in msg #2
    B R E A K I N G

Stable Android 11 / OneUI 3 released in Slovakia: N986BXXU1CTL5 . . .

Naamloos.png
    Installed with no issues. Phone feels snappier than on Beta4.
    Here's a link for the ones that can't use Frija:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c5XBNnSEUwM42mGv4XgWRNTocUbuUScA/view?usp=sharing