General Duo 2 & Google Updates

Search This thread

AngelDeath

Greets all,

Just thought i would post and share, MS has released an update to the Duo 2 for January:

January 2022 updates

January 26 release

The following update is available for Surface Duo 2.

Software version

Update info

This update:

New Surface Duo features:

Enabled pen shortcut preferences in settings for Surface Slim Pen 2. It requires Surface Slim Pen 2 to be paired with Surface Duo 2.

With the Your Phone app, you can use Android apps on your PC. For more information on using Surface Duo with your PC see Link Surface Duo to your PC.

Addresses scenarios outlined in the Android Security Bulletin—January 2022.

Improves camera usability of night mode, 4k video recording, and auto focus.

Improves charging reliability with 3rd party chargers.

Improves system reliability and stability.

Improves touch responsiveness.

You may have to disconnect and reconnect your phone with the Your phone app, If your PC Your Phone app does not automatically update then tap the gear on the bottom left of the PC app, then tap the "i" (about) and click check for updates.

Google Play System Updates:

If you weren't aware, separate Google Play system updates are released and don't always update automatically.

On SD2, go to Settings > About > Android version > Google Play system update to check for updates. My SD2 just installed the December 1, 2021 update.

Good luck and enjoy,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greets all,

Just thought i would post and share, MS has released an update to the Duo 2 for January:

January 2022 updates

January 26 release

The following update is available for Surface Duo 2.

Software version

Update info

This update:

New Surface Duo features:

Enabled pen shortcut preferences in settings for Surface Slim Pen 2. It requires Surface Slim Pen 2 to be paired with Surface Duo 2.

With the Your Phone app, you can use Android apps on your PC. For more information on using Surface Duo with your PC see Link Surface Duo to your PC.

Addresses scenarios outlined in the Android Security Bulletin—January 2022.

Improves camera usability of night mode, 4k video recording, and auto focus.

Improves charging reliability with 3rd party chargers.

Improves system reliability and stability.

Improves touch responsiveness.

You may have to disconnect and reconnect your phone with the Your phone app, If your PC Your Phone app does not automatically update then tap the gear on the bottom left of the PC app, then tap the "i" (about) and click check for updates.

Google Play System Updates:

If you weren't aware, separate Google Play system updates are released and don't always update automatically.

On SD2, go to Settings > About > Android version > Google Play system update to check for updates. My SD2 just installed the December 1, 2021 update.

Good luck and enjoy,