General Durability is very poor for Note 10 Pro and Max (it may be the same for Note 10 too)

Search This thread

chazy chaz

Feb 25, 2012
Redmi Note 10 Pro
i always handle my phones with care, so these durability tests don't matter to me much
for someone to break his phone in half it's crazy and i don't think any sane person does it ... i just saw earlier someone breaking the latest lenovo gaming phone .. made me cry lol

Reactions: ShreyasTheRootMan

ushgaga

May 1, 2011
There is another one who did a fall test and the phone survived some risky falls ... The point is, these are phones not hammers, if i buy a super amoled with a huge camera i have to take care of it .. my friend bought a samsung note 10 when released, and it fell at work, the screen went dark and he had to replace it for almost the rn10p price
Actually, RN10Pro did pretty well in drop tests.

Reactions: ZainBilq

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is another one who did a fall test and the phone survived some risky falls ... The point is, these are phones not hammers, if i buy a super amoled with a huge camera i have to take care of it .. my friend bought a samsung note 10 when released, and it fell at work, the screen went dark and he had to replace it for almost the rn10p price

Firstly this is Not to spread negativity or anything else.

Experiences do vary from persone to person and device to device...I regularly watch durability test videos, more so if I want to decide on buying a device...It 's just to get an idea as to how well or bad the device can survive in day-to-day scenarios or during any unfortunate situations like falls. Not all videos are fake or clickbaits I can say.

At the end, if something is exiciting like specs, features, price, some people would overlook fragility or don't care about durability.

Thanks & Cheers!
    Those youtubers will lead you to not buying anything guys !

Are you buying smartphone or gum ? to do what ever you want !?
    look after your device and it will live longer
    stop these sh^ts reviews and videos
    i always handle my phones with care, so these durability tests don't matter to me much
    for someone to break his phone in half it's crazy and i don't think any sane person does it ... i just saw earlier someone breaking the latest lenovo gaming phone .. made me cry lol
    Actually, RN10Pro did pretty well in drop tests.
    That I do anyways and thanks for your suggesion, but do note that quality of the meterials used and durability matter a lot. I have never seen this fragile device before from Xiaomi.
    I still own my 5 years old working MI5 that was the worst of the fragile phone at this time.
    Don't worry and take care were how you seat....
    I came across more than a couple of videos where durability of Note 10 Pro and Pro Max is very poor, it failed in many tests. More importantly miserable in bend test. I am really in dilemma for how long the device can survice.

Any thoughts?
    What are you doing with the device? Throwing it away or let it fall? Why do you want to bend it? Buy a good case and nevermind!
    That I do anyways and thanks for your suggesion, but do note that quality of the meterials used and durability matter a lot. I have never seen this fragile device before from Xiaomi.
    It's not "durability" test, it is more properly called "can-it-withstand-abuse" test.

And remember, it's a midranger phone, Xiaomi cut some corners. Expect more durable phone? Buy a better one. Case close. Always treat your phone carefully, buy a case, get a phone insurance if there any, etc.
    I came across more than a couple of videos where durability of Note 10 Pro and Pro Max is very poor, it failed in many tests. More importantly miserable in bend test. I am really in dilemma for how long the device can survice.

Any thoughts?
    You were fooled by the bend test by that youtuber. The bend test was done after the fall test. Once the phone has cracks it is easier to break. Don't trust that channel unless they redo all their tests in only one format and bend test first before fall test. Even jerry rig doesnt even do fall test.

Firstly this is Not to spread negativity or anything else.

Experiences do vary from persone to person and device to device...I regularly watch durability test videos, more so if I want to decide on buying a device...It 's just to get an idea as to how well or bad the device can survive in day-to-day scenarios or during any unfortunate situations like falls. Not all videos are fake or clickbaits I can say.

At the end, if something is exiciting like specs, features, price, some people would overlook fragility or don't care about durability.

Thanks & Cheers!
    Why does anyone want to bend-test a phone is beyond me. Most of these "bend-testers" do it to rake up more views for themselves in YouTube or other social media and make more money. I mean, just look at that bend test thumbnail picture in the youtube link above. It's a clickbait trap even laymen would want to click on.

As a consumer, why do you want to bend and abuse your phone, that you paid money for? In this world, you can break anything, if you want. Even metal or rocks. That's right - you DON'T want to break anything, especially something that you paid for.

Don't put in your back pocket and sit. Or remove the phone from the back pocket before sitting, if you have the habit of slotting your phone there.

Give respect for what you have bought. Get a good thin but durable case protection. Get a good screen protector. These will greatly help the resell value too.

So treat all of your phones (even humble and cheaper ones) gently and nice. They will last longer and be with you longer.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone