Dust in Upper Left Corner...Advice PLZ

Search This thread

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
Ok, like the title states I have a little dust in the upper left hand corner. Thing is I am within my 30 days, BUT when purchasing my EVO they only had the white back. So I bought replacement parts and now I have a solid black EVO :) I called my local sprint and they told me bring in the phone and they would be happy to "clean" and "reseal" my EVO. Well if I bring it in with the black back they will blame the dust on me, of course. So do I put the white parts back on, and if I do how do I recreate that little screw cover (tamper tape)? I also have one stuck pixel, thats not really a issue and I had decided not to return my phone due to the single stuck pixel, thats a little anal. If it effected anything like my clock widget, well yes, but I have to search to see it.

Anyway back to topic...

What do I do for this situation;
A. clean it myself
B. take it in with black parts
C. put white parts on and play dumb when it comes to tamper tape
D. put white parts on and use black electrical tape for tamper tape, demand new phone
E. or STFU and DEAL WITH IT!!!!
F. other (explain)

think of this as your phone when answering, if you know something is their it is hard to ignore.

teh roxxorz

Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
I would go with C. because it looks just like you got it,a nd if you had "no clue" about more reason for it to a be factory default.

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
I would go with C. because it looks just like you got it,a nd if you had "no clue" about more reason for it to a be factory default.

OK, do I let them do a cleaning? I am happy with my EVO, that one stuck pixel is not a issue to me. The dust coming in at that location seems to be a problem. From reading the dust enters through the headphone jack, maybe I can make a little plug or something once it is cleaned, or replaced.

So, Clean or replace? LOL I know its petty but if there is dust in 2 weeks what will it be in 2 months!

edit...I dont care to return and wait for EVO 3D, not sold on Dual Core (yet) and deff dont care for 3D junk!!!

teh roxxorz

Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
Well, I'd take it in, and ask for the cleaning, since you're content with the issue. Or you could push the replacement at first and if they're all welllllllll blah blah, then go for the cleaning. But I think you should be able to win either way. And not petty, if I had dust I'd get mine taken care of.

Reactions: cordell12

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
Well, I'd take it in, and ask for the cleaning, since you're content with the issue. Or you could push the replacement at first and if they're all welllllllll blah blah, then go for the cleaning. But I think you should be able to win either way. And not petty, if I had dust I'd get mine taken care of.

I agree, its not petty so to speak, but they will try to make one feel that way. When we took my wifes optimus S in for a bad LCD they were trying to make us feel like A Holes, by complaining over a minor detail. The LCD was not 100%, towards the bottom of the display a thin green line would appear when certain colors were on screen, mainly gray. How often did that occur, not very, but when it did a green line was NOT supposed to be there. lol

I will put white parts on and get the cleaning, unless they offer to replace (doubt they will), if dust is back in a week, I will demand new phone then.

Thanks for your input :)

teh roxxorz

Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
I agree, its not petty so to speak, but they will try to make one feel that way. When we took my wifes optimus S in for a bad LCD they were trying to make us feel like A Holes, by complaining over a minor detail. The LCD was not 100%, towards the bottom of the display a thin green line would appear when certain colors were on screen, mainly gray. How often did that occur, not very, but when it did a green line was NOT supposed to be there. lol

I will put white parts on and get the cleaning, unless they offer to replace (doubt they will), if dust is back in a week, I will demand new phone then.

Thanks for your input :)

Well they were just being lazy reps, and should have done their job, all about the customer satisfaction, and it was within reason. And sound like a good plan of attack. And no problem. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone