Dust in wide angle camera lens

Search This thread

sanurocks

Apr 27, 2008
Durg
I just noticed there is a lot of dust particles in the wide angle camera lens. It was not there before and this much dust is accumulated inside just in 5 days of usage. The main camera unit is dust free though.

Please share if anyone is having same issue. Other wise its a device specific issue.

Attachments

• 20191017_120710.jpg
    20191017_120710.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 2,051
  • 20191017_120801.jpg
    20191017_120801.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 2,050

AayushJ25

Nov 17, 2016
Yes even I have this issue with my device. Within 5-6 days of usage there is dust in the wide angle camera lens. Main camera is clean but there is lots of dust in the wide angle lens.

lee901

Oct 14, 2009
Pune
I got water vapour in my lens both

It was my mistake as well, i had kept my phone in my rain jacket pocket and it was raining a lot. Although the phone was under zipper pocket the condensation of water vapour is visible under the lens. I know this phone is not water proof however Asus could have done a better job at least to seal the camera lens.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

It was my mistake as well, i had kept my phone in my rain jacket pocket and it was raining a lot. Although the phone was under zipper pocket the condensation of water vapour is visible under the lens. I know this phone is not water proof however Asus could have done a better job at least to seal the camera lens.
Hope it disappears on its own ?

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Just noticed that i have condensation on my front camera lens as well ????*♂️

Kianush

Jan 4, 2014
so would it be ok to just put a tape on the vent? it's not that useful anyway right?
im guessing it's the main reason why dust goes into the phone.

btw did the og rog phone suffer from this issue too?

vygneys_vyg

Dec 20, 2018
so would it be ok to just put a tape on the vent? it's not that useful anyway right?
im guessing it's the main reason why dust goes into the phone.

btw did the og rog phone suffer from this issue too?

I just taped the vent the day I received the phone because the vent doesn't do much cooling at all. Been using it all day for past 9 days, travelling outside in a very dusty City and not even a particle of dust visible anywhere.

lee901

Oct 14, 2009
Pune

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Just noticed that i have condensation on my front camera lens as well ??*♂️

My phone went through a tough time because of rain. The power button was misbehaving, I guess there was some moisture in there as well. I thought that it was the end for my ROG phone just after 7 days of purchase. However in after 3 dry days, everything is normal once again. I guess I was lucky. The condensation has gone away completely. I do not have any spec pf dust in my camera under the glass. The power button is working good once again :good:

cheetah2k

May 27, 2008
Brisbane
I just noticed there is a lot of dust particles in the wide angle camera lens. It was not there before and this much dust is accumulated inside just in 5 days of usage. The main camera unit is dust free though.

Please share if anyone is having same issue. Other wise its a device specific issue.

Were you using the cooler fan on it? Im just wondering if dust got forced into the phone via the gaming cooler??

I havent used the cooler on my ROG2 yet, after seeing this i'm quite reluctant to use it too..... :crying:

sanurocks

Apr 27, 2008
Durg
Were you using the cooler fan on it? Im just wondering if dust got forced into the phone via the gaming cooler??

I havent used the cooler on my ROG2 yet, after seeing this i'm quite reluctant to use it too..... :crying:

No i haven't used the cooler. This was with normal usage. Only one other user mentioned this same issue in the thread so i ordered a replacement and its on the way. I hope this was a device specific issue.

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
My phone went through a tough time because of rain. The power button was misbehaving, I guess there was some moisture in there as well. I thought that it was the end for my ROG phone just after 7 days of purchase. However in after 3 dry days, everything is normal once again. I guess I was lucky. The condensation has gone away completely. I do not have any spec pf dust in my camera under the glass. The power button is working good once again :good:
Put in a bag of uncooked rice to absorb the moisture... Might work, leave it for a long time tho, perhaps in a warm spot too

Reactions: lee901

sanurocks

Apr 27, 2008
Durg
I just received the replacement. If this also acquires dust i will update the post after a few days of use ( i also have taped the orange accented back opening just to be safe ). As for the red tint, its still there but much less as compared to my previous device, so this confirms this is a panel behavior, which means if you are planning to replace the device it might be good or bad ie the new device might have less tint or more tint.

Jake.S

Oct 9, 2017
Stockholm
I just received the replacement. If this also acquires dust i will update the post after a few days of use ( i also have taped the orange accented back opening just to be safe ). As for the red tint, its still there but much less as compared to my previous device, so this confirms this is a panel behavior, which means if you are planning to replace the device it might be good or bad ie the new device might have less tint or more tint.

I doubt it's panel behaviour. Since I did more test and for me i suspect it's software behaviour, because white theme gives 0 red tint.

Only on grey scale red tint shows more.

sanurocks

Apr 27, 2008
Durg
I doubt it's panel behaviour. Since I did more test and for me i suspect it's software behaviour, because white theme gives 0 red tint.

Only on grey scale red tint shows more.

That is the actual issue. Irrespective of any theme or skin. Any dark grey turns reddish on low brightness and high refresh rate. Any other color is unaffected, so why would white turn red?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you take a picture how did you put the tape. Just want to see the looks of it. ?

Just used transparent tape. A rectangular piece in the right size such that the Aero case which they've given exactly covers both of the sides of the tape. Basically unnoticeable.
    Put in a bag of uncooked rice to absorb the moisture... Might work, leave it for a long time tho, perhaps in a warm spot too

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Rice does nothing man. farks sake all you ricer peeps are brainwashed.

Putting the device in a bag of rice does not absorb moisture according to new facts and proof. They are claiming this method as myth and just nonsense.
    3-4 C isn't so bad. I'm surprised its that much. What were the raw numbers you were getting?

You say till now. Does that mean you have dust in the camera module?

On cod i was getting 41c now it's around 43c. On cyber hunter i was getting 45c now it's around 49c. These are on highest graphics settings. I think the vent is only there to paas the hot air out easily because that is the spot which generates heat. Maybe it will work through convection. Blocking it definitely warms the phone up but only by that much in my case.

This is my replacement unit, i am the op you can see what happened with the previous unit. Now instead of the camera the tape has accumulated dust. I will keep on replacing the tape or i will vinyl the whole thing just like a user in this thread.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone