• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Duttys™ HD2 Multi-Lang Legacy 23163 ROMs + Legacy Kitchen COOK Your own Dutty ROMs]

Best Battery Life or Faster Device depends on PagePool

• Best battery like in V5 = 16mb PagePool

Votes: 233 43.4%
  • Faster Device with device total control of RAM = Dynamic PagePool

Votes: 304 56.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

NYLimited

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 5, 2008
40.75659° N 73.98626° W
hi bro have you compare tests without wmlonglife and how much improvements is there

Too soon to be sure but this is what I am seeing:

It depends on how it is configured. If I have it give 3G to my internet apps it will be no savings when I use the device. However, idle tIME can yield dramatic savings.

Location (signal strength) can make a big difference.

The bottom line seems to be that it will never make the battery life worse (maybe the same) but under some circumstances it can double battery life.

This is preliminary but it looks promising.

NYLimited

Jan 5, 2008
40.75659° N 73.98626° W

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london
Too soon to be sure but this is what I am seeing:

It depends on how it is configured. If I have it give 3G to my internet apps it will be no savings when I use the device. However, idle tIME can yield dramatic savings.

Location (signal strength) can make a big difference.

The bottom line seems to be that it will never make the battery life worse (maybe the same) but under some circumstances it can double battery life.

This is preliminary but it looks promising.

you're preliminary results looks good also not bad

Toni10

Mar 27, 2010
Hey Dutty,

First of all, thank you for another great ROM.
I am using V9 for a week and it is fast and stable!
With your ROMs you let me forget that I'm Hot for a Desire HD :D

Only thing I`ve found is a small bug in the translation.
In Sense Location Settings: "Speicherort" should be "Regional", see attached Screenshot.

I do not know the opinion of the other GER users, but ICR should be called "Anrufaufzeichnung" ( Call = Anruf),
because the name Sprachaufzeichnung means Voice recording and it is similar to the Voice Recorder App.

Maybe it`s in time for V10.

Greetings

Attachments

• Screen1.1.png
    Screen1.1.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Screen2.png
    Screen2.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Screen3.png
    Screen3.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 26

Toni10

Mar 27, 2010
Speaker Icon

Hi dutty !

From v8 on if I install Steve 0007 Bottom bar.cab and Steve 007 - Taskbar Blue icon Windows 6.5.x.cab I have no speaker icon ! image down !

Hey light_n_roses,

It has nothing to do with Duttys great ROM!

This Speaker Icon made me also lose mind, but after a long search I found a solution!
It depends on the HTCVolumeControl.dll!

I think you can use any taskbar that you want, with this Reg. Settings:

HKLM,"Software\HTC\VolumeOverlay","LoadIconFromResDLL",0x00010001,1
HKLM,"Software\HTC\VolumeOverlay","SoundIconLink",0x00000000,"\windows\phcanOverbmp.dll"

It is even better if you have Tools to unpack and repack Cabs.
Then you can make sure that no "HTCVolumeControl.dll" will be copied on your Device with your favorite Taskbar and you can implement Reg. Settings above.
And every Thing will be fine!!;)

DKCN

May 13, 2010
Cyberon Voice Speed Dial To Not Read Out The Contact

When using Cyberon, after speaking to the phone, it will replay a voice. Is it possible to make it not do that?

NYLimited

Jan 5, 2008
40.75659° N 73.98626° W
you're preliminary results looks good also not bad

Well, it is interesting because, I guess like many people, I use my phone (fairly heavy hands on usage) and when I come home plug it in to charge.

The biggest savings WMLonglife yields is when the phone is not in use and is not plugged in. :)

As an example, last night I made sure I did not plug the phone in. During roughly 12 hrs of no usage the battery dropped just under 15%. Normally, this would be around 30%. So, yes, the band switching and the data disconnect do make a difference but not if you are using the phone.

Tweaking the app's configuration can also make a difference in both, user experience (how long it takes to switch back to 3G) and battery savings.

I did export the registry entries for it so restoring after a flash can be pretty simple.

Not sure if cooking it into a ROM would be a good idea or not since some will inevitably like the program while others will not. Just the nature of the beast, I suppose.

NYLimited

Jan 5, 2008
40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Reactions: coohdeh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kitchen is online please check post 1 for more details.

Enjoy:)
    New and Final HD2 ROMs online, I pushed the date from sunday to today due to change of plans for weekend.

Enjoy and its been a pleasure;)
    Duttys HD2 COM3 Final Legacy ROMs Online:)

All 16 ROMS Flavours and Languages Online enjoy.
    To all

Sorry I havent been around but promise the family I would restrained from flashing and less computer. Also due to summer holidays I'm spending time with kids and juggling with work.

Also with London / Britain RIOT last week its carzy as I live in the heart of it and most of community is burned down.

I will prepare my kitchen and simplify it for all user so please give me some time. Also I will not release anymore ROM due to considerable consideration with the current graphic fix but I will implement it in the kitchen.

I will try and aim to finish the kitchen and upload it by end summer.

Have a nice day
    No answer is an answer as well, bro. Please accept it. You are not the first one who has asked for it.

hey guys sorry but not been here couple days. I will consider release my kitchen but on my own terms and at this time I dont think it will be public but to couple of my loyal fans who has and willing wants to continue or publish ROMs for themselves or public.

I will release more info on this but before I can do this only when I sold or get rid of my HD2.

I will make a new thread for this and the names to those who I will give the kitchen to.