Question Dynamic Refresh Rate?

Search This thread

a safe haven

Oct 24, 2016
Dhaka
Hi! I am on xiaomi.eu miui 12.5.9. Is there any way possible to set the refresh rate to 60hz when it idles for a moment?
Some custom rom has this feature (e.g. project elixir, aex etc) where you can set the minimum refresh rate is 60hz and maximum at 120hz, when the phone idles the display automatically drops down to 60hz. It is a great battery-saving feature, so I was wondering is there any way to do this in MIUI?

Nazri786

Jul 18, 2011
Pulai
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Hi! I am on xiaomi.eu miui 12.5.9. Is there any way possible to set the refresh rate to 60hz when it idles for a moment?
Some custom rom has this feature (e.g. project elixir, aex etc) where you can set the minimum refresh rate is 60hz and maximum at 120hz, when the phone idles the display automatically drops down to 60hz. It is a great battery-saving feature, so I was wondering is there any way to do this in MIUI?
I thought the refresh rate already dynamic? Try set it to 120hz and turn on refresh rate from developer option... You will find the display rate fluctuate between 30,60,120...

Redmi Note 10 Pro has a default 120Hz refresh rate. So you can't switch it to 60Hz.
Now Xiaomi provide flexible dynamic refresh rate. In Mi 11 Ultra smart phone have a feature to dynamically switching between 30, 60, 90, 120Hz. It depends on what user being displayed and how they interacting with smart Mi 11 Ultra phone.

Akexander

May 15, 2018
Hello, from my experience using custom ROM, Redmi Note 10 pro screen doesn't fancy enough for using variable refresh rate. When setting to 60 Hz - 120 Hz, The display always stay in 120 Hz if it register touch not depends the content we see like other phone. And drop to 60 Hz in +/- 1 seconds after last touch input