[E/dual] [CWM] boot+recovery image for stock JB

Search This thread

KDB223

Aug 15, 2013
Is it not possible to port CWM to kernel v 11.3.A.2.23?
I really don't want to go back to the older firmware! :(

sent from my Xperia E (C1504) using xda Premium
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I WAS OF ANY HELP :D

syedzeshan

Oct 22, 2013
hey tank for replying!! but will wifi work after i flash the cwm kernel over this old firmware?

cwm is working without any problems on 11.3.a.0.47 .
on 11.3.a.2.23 WiFi wont function if you flash cwm kernel.
dont know what happens in 11.3.a.2.13 because I haven't used that firmware but I guess since its a incremental update cwm might give WiFi problem !

KDB223

Aug 15, 2013
CWM for 11.3.A.2.23 kernel ? (PORT)

This is a boot image with CWM for stock JB. The included kernel versions are stock Sony (versions 11.3.A.0.47 and 11.3.A.2.1). You may need an unlocked boot loader for this.

This can also be used to root stock JB ROM by installing Superuser through recovery.

Downloads:
Xperia E single
Xperia E dual
Note: Don't directly link to these releases. Link to this thread with current releases instead.

Usage instructions:
Boot to fastboot and flash boot image:
Code:
fastboot flash boot <filename>.elf
Recovery boot is triggered by pressing any of the volume keys during bootup while the notification bar lights up.

How to run fastboot is explained in Sony's instructions. If you still need help with that, please Google it yourself because there are plenty of guides.

Standard disclaimer that I'm not responsible for any messups applies.

Thanks go out to FXP for the initial Nanhu device port.

Release history:
2013-05-26:
Separate versions for single/dual-SIM variants
Shut down option added to CWM
Proper default.prop included

2013-05-13:
Initial release

Hey thank you for the wonderful port.
But as you already know, there are some bugs with flashing the old kernel (with CWM) on a newer firmware(11.3..A.2.23)
Can you possibly port CWM to the kernel of this firmware ?
I can provide you with the .ELF of the firmware if you want.

Or you could tell me how you ported CWM to the older kernels, and I can try my hand at it!

Cheers !

Aaskereija

Jun 22, 2013
hey, used single jb kernel for my c1505 with stock rom .23 but wifi and battery not work, battery always show on 100%

any idea? Or someone knows another method to install cwm or twrp on rooted stock kernel/rom?

UltraGamerHD

Aug 15, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
This is a boot image with CWM for stock JB. The included kernel versions are stock Sony (versions 11.3.A.0.47 and 11.3.A.2.1). You may need an unlocked boot loader for this.

This can also be used to root stock JB ROM by installing Superuser through recovery.

Downloads:
Xperia E single
Xperia E dual
Note: Don't directly link to these releases. Link to this thread with current releases instead.

Usage instructions:
Code:
Recovery boot is triggered by pressing any of the volume keys during bootup while the notification bar lights up.

How to run fastboot is explained in Sony's instructions. If you still need help with that, please Google it yourself because there are plenty of guides.

Release history:
2013-05-26:

2013-05-13:
Initial release

@jjm34 You should build kernel with CWM for Latest 2.23 SW!

sushantsrkr

Feb 11, 2014
unable to install cwm in xperia c1604

Rootstatus: superuser installed

Bootloader:

When I tried with androxyde, the option appears to relock.

Cwm: when flashing cwm message I got,
"failed: device must be rooted first"

Plss help

Grimlock007

Jan 25, 2014
Cybertron
Rootstatus: superuser installed

Bootloader:

When I tried with androxyde, the option appears to relock.

Cwm: when flashing cwm message I got,
"failed: device must be rooted first"

Plss help
After turning off E, When you press volume up and insert usb cable... Blue notification light should appear
Then flash the kernel in fastboot mode

S3sharky

Aug 9, 2013
Cologne
Hey,

im Using the CWM Single file for my Xperia E C1505 after Install it works fine but when i start my phone i don´t have wifi,it doesn´t work :crying:

can anybody help pls??

Lukyczk

Nov 16, 2014
Hello guys, yesterday, I flashed it to my Sony c1505, and Im stuck in bootloop. OEM unlocked, flashing without any error, please help me

being.furquan

Jul 31, 2016
Aurangabad
Need cwm or twrp for Xperia E4 E2115 OS 4.4 kitkat

Downloads:
Xperia E single
Xperia E dual

Usage instructions:
Code:

Release history:
2013-05-26:

2013-05-13:
Initial release

Give me process and custom recovery for E4 E2115 please :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Downloads:
    Xperia E single
    Xperia E dual

Usage instructions:
    Code:

Release history:
    2013-05-26:

2013-05-13:
    Initial release
    Unfortunately, this is not working for Xperia E Dual.
    Well that problem description is a bit too generic. Note that this is for stock JB ROM, not CM10 or ICS. I have tested it with version 11.3.A.2.1 on E dual.

I haven't done another stock-compatible recovery, but I'm hoping to post the first release of my CM10 port next week, and it will include TWRP.
    This thread is about CWM, not how to get JB. I've explained how to get it from SUS on another thread.
    anyone tested this on C1505 (single SIM)...???
    nice job mate... :)

perfectly working on xperia e SS ...gr8 job mate!!
    Please, port also recovery for stock only. I don´t want to use any other ROM at the moment.
    I'll look into getting TWRP to work with stock when I've got some time, but right now I don't have anything except CWM.

Glad to see you are doing some development on this device (xperia e)...since you have ported CM 10 , do you have GSM working on it??
    I'm posting this from my laptop using the tethered data connection of an E dual running CM10 :)
    I'm currently away for a few days, but you can expect a release soon.