• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question E-sim support

Search This thread

adika9

Dec 20, 2012
Hello anyone have any updates as how will be able to have esim or second physical sim activated on 926w (Canada) bought direct from samsung ,all discussions seems to hit a dead end
I really need at least 2 sim on this phone and getting a international version is not an option anymore
Thanks for any input
Happy New Year !

Last edited:

zapote21

Aug 18, 2009
Tampa, FL
If you are in the USA, its not enabled. Samsung has told several people that it will be, once One UI 4.0 hits. We shall see

t3ch187

Oct 4, 2017
I lost hope on esim support for the U1 variant. Paying 2k for a phone and not having the option made me jump to the pixel 6 pro so I only have to carry one phone. Still holding onto the fold though in case it comes later on. If so, id jump from the pixel back to my fold.

Reactions: Markeee

hkr

Oct 31, 2008
I lost hope on esim support for the U1 variant. Paying 2k for a phone and not having the option made me jump to the pixel 6 pro so I only have to carry one phone. Still holding onto the fold though in case it comes later on. If so, id jump from the pixel back to my fold.
As European customer with Dual-SIM and eSIM Fold3 I'm not familiar, how Samsung and US carriers deliver the Fold3 in the States. According to your post, your fold is a single SIM device, is that right? Or do you have a carrier, that delivers eSIM support only?

Talderon

In the USA it is one sim slot only. No dual sim, no Esim. On all carriers. Even unlocked
My like is a like for you but is actually a dislike for the content because it's STUPID that US does not use eSIM more widely.

Where eSIM's are used more than anything else in the US is for Watches. I have a Gear Watch 3 (my Watch 4 is BT only) and it ONLY comes in eSIM and my carrier (T-Mobile) didn't even blink and just activated it. So the SUPPORT IS THERE, just too lazy for widespread adoption. :(

Get rid of the SIM slot and one less place for dust/water to get in!!

zapote21

Aug 18, 2009
Tampa, FL
My like is a like for you but is actually a dislike for the content because it's STUPID that US does not use eSIM more widely.

Where eSIM's are used more than anything else in the US is for Watches. I have a Gear Watch 3 (my Watch 4 is BT only) and it ONLY comes in eSIM and my carrier (T-Mobile) didn't even blink and just activated it. So the SUPPORT IS THERE, just too lazy for widespread adoption. :(

Get rid of the SIM slot and one less place for dust/water to get in!!
Also all iphones and all Pixels have Esim active

Talderon

Forcing people to buy two phones instead of one amounts to big $$$
Ummm... this is AMERICA!! Where very company looks harder at the Bottom Line rather than do what's good for the customers or people...

Hell, all you have to do is look at our Medical Practices (Hospitals, insurance and most of all, Big Pharma) and you can CLEARLY see it's all about The Great Chase for the All Mighty Dollar... :(

Reactions: Markeee

hkr

Oct 31, 2008
But by not offering dual-SIM you loose dollars, because people buy iPhones and Pixels ...

Reactions: zapote21

Markeee

Sep 29, 2012
South Florida
This Samsung store near me sell only international phones I'm sure they would ship u one just make sure what you buy will run on your carrier

Top Liked Posts