General E2100 G998B/DS VS oneplus9pro.

Search This thread

Nat.smith26

• Dec 3, 2020
    Right now, my phone was on idle for 10 minutes, I touch it, it's still warm.

Nothing is working in the back.

I lose 1% every minute of use.

Don't update yet.

Beefheart

Dec 5, 2007
    England
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    I have the exact same issue, that's why I warned people not to update yet.

That's a really bad update for me.

Lags, stutters, heat...

I've made 2 factory resets and reflahed the entire ROM twice.

There is something wrong there.

A cache clear seems to have solved my issue. Hovering between 28 and 33 degrees now, depending on what I'm doing, the same I had on AUC8.

If you have factory reset, it will be warm for some time as it configures in the background. My S21 was quite hot for the first day.

Battery seems fine. Currently on 85% after around 4 hours use.

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    I have the exact same issue, that's why I warned people not to update yet.

That's a really bad update for me.

Lags, stutters, heat...

I've made 2 factory resets and reflahed the entire ROM twice.

There is something wrong there.
    After factory reset and flashing the phone is going to run warm when it 1st turns on. Set everything up and give it couple of days. I have the AUE1 update and no heating issue. Could be an app you have misbehaving. I also had the AUDA update and there was no heat on that version either.

Berserker900

• May 7, 2020
    Right now, my phone was on idle for 10 minutes, I touch it, it's still warm.

Nothing is working in the back.

I lose 1% every minute of use.

Don't update yet.
    Bro you def have something wrong.

Been on this uodate for 2 days now, no issues at alll none of what you are facing.

I would recommend try a clean install and see.

Nat.smith26

• Dec 3, 2020
    Thanks for the advice guys but I clean flashed on Thursday because I had such issues.

This update doesn't suit well for everyone, that's why the roll-out is so slow.

Samsung admitted they discovered performance problem to be solved with the next update.

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
    Vienna
    Thanks for the advice guys but I clean flashed on Thursday because I had such issues.

This update doesn't suit well for everyone, that's why the roll-out is so slow.

Samsung admitted they discovered performance problem to be solved with the next update.

They admitted that the May Update has Performance problems? Where did you read that?

aj7400

• May 25, 2013
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    Bro you def have something wrong.

Been on this uodate for 2 days now, no issues at alll none of what you are facing.

I would recommend try a clean install and see.

It was with AUDA. AUE1 is supposed to fix issues but I had no issues with both firmware... Just a little lag on AUDA
    That means with AUE1 the bit of lags you had with auda are gone ?

Do you have a source somewhere or did you read a press release from Samsung regarding this?

Or is this just an assumption on your part based on the release schedule of the updates?

I tried to search but couldn't find anywhere that Samsung admitted performance issues on the firmware... Could you please provide a link to that news?

Sithlordpt

• Feb 19, 2009
    Where did samsung admitted that? And were they talking about AUDA or AUE1? Because they released 2 updates this month.

AUE1 update: no drain, no performance issues and no lags. Phone feels fast as hell and battery is absolutely perfect.

For people with problems, for God's sake, wipe cache partition or format your phones and start fresh.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210509-155634_Device care.jpg
      Screenshot_20210509-155634_Device care.jpg
      447.4 KB · Views: 64
    Last edited:

denzel09

Jun 28, 2009
    Teheran
    Where did samsung admitted that? And were they talking about AUDA or AUE1? Because they released 2 updates this month.

AUE1 update: no drain, no performance issues and no lags. Phone feels fast as hell and battery is absolutely perfect.

For people with problems, for God's sake, wipe cache partition or format your phones and start fresh.

Hi, how wipe cache partition? Thanks

Nat.smith26

• Dec 3, 2020
    They admitted it on Samsung Members.

But seriously stop advising to wipe cache or do a factory reset. I'm not a newbie, I already did

This is not a contest, some have issues with this update, I was able to notice it the second after I've made it.

I'm just warning you, you can have have performance issues, if you are willing to risk it, you can try.

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
    Vienna

But seriously stop advising to wipe cache or do a factory reset. I'm not a newbie, I already did

This is not a contest, some have issues with this update, I was able to notice it the second after I've made it.

I'm just warning you, you can have have performance issues, if you are willing to risk it, you can try.
    Do you have a Screenshot where they admitted it? So the AUE1 build fixed all these issues or are they talking about an upcoming Firmware Update?

Reactions: Sithlordpt

Sithlordpt

• Feb 19, 2009

Lol how do you notice problems the second you update, once your phone is most probably throttling due to system's high use and caching all the apps right after the update? I call that bull**it. You need to give your phone a couple of days so the system settle down after a major update.

OBVIOUSLY nobody will stop recommending that because it's the first thing anyone should do to avoid problems.

Last edited:

Berserker900

• May 7, 2020
    I think the update is fine nonetheless ppl might face something different.

But i haven't seen any posts or article about it being bad in performance or whatever.

Exactly what i did the minute i got the update is going into recovery and i wiped cache partition 3 times, no idea why but i feel it makes it fresh.

I'm really having good experience with this update otherwise i would bash Samsung for it if it wasn't good.

Reactions: Sithlordpt

kobkobb

Mar 12, 2013
    I'm still with the April update here is Israel, but I don't know how you guys are getting these SOT's..
    I'm getting 4-6h sot max..

Berserker900

• May 7, 2020
    I'm still with the April update here is Israel, but I don't know how you guys are getting these SOT's..
    I'm getting the same man, i don't think a phone with such specs can go above 7 sot...even iphones.

Daily normal usage should keep you between 4-6 depending on different variables.

Reactions: enigmaamit

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      So what phone did you get now?
      It's more of what phones did j get... Lol

Well, the painful truth is. The s21ultra has lost so much value here where i live in so little time.

Also i faced difficulties with it and i had mixed feelings about it.

I sold it ofc for less than expected in only a month of release which is unfortunate.

Anyhow, i went with the Mi 11 and op8pro for now. Can you imagine that with selling one phone u get 2 great phones.

So yeah, i will be testing these 2 but most probably will give up the op8pro, i hate the display so much.
      Same here. Even I get similar SOT with proper usage, using most of the features of the phone. 4 hours with heavy gaming and camera usage, 5 hours with moderate mixed use - 6 hours on a light day involving mostly browsing and video streaming on WiFI. Sometimes, very rarely I hit the 7 hours mark - but it's not typical usage.

Don't get upset seeing people posting 9-10 hours SOT. With most of the phone's features disabled, cellular off, min brightness on a stark black background, keeping the screen on 720p, browsing low refresh rate pages or youtube videos, even you can push yours to that level. And one can't even dream of opening the camera app or fire up a game.

It's sort of like a breath holding contest. Just gives you bragging rights, but doesn't serve any purpose. You can't sustain that kind of usage on a daily basis, it'll drive you mad! I've tried it on my previous phones, and you can really double your SOT - at the cost of your sanity, so I abandoned this rat race long ago. It's something like what automobile manufacturers claim is the car's mileage per gallon of gas "in test conditions" - it never actually performs the same on the road. Same with trying to milk "extra" SOT out of a phone by going out of your way to modify your usage just to get that SOT screenshot. It practically cripples your phone usage. 5 hours a day ending with 10-20% battery is pretty standard for a phone with the kind of screen and specs this phone has. As long as my phone gets me through a day of typical usage, I don't bother with disabling stuff to eke out more SOT.

If you poll a thousand S21 Ultra owners, what do you think the average reported SOT will be? 8-9 hours? Or 5-6 hours?

No offence to the SOT champions here, you may have a completely different take on this, and it's fine. It's your phone, do what you want with it. And if your battery lasts for 10 hours of screen usage, good for you! I'm just sharing my real world experiences here. YMMV.
      Screenshot_20210329-113730_Software update.jpg

Ok, so basically transition are smoother. Camera might be better and less noisy of my experience, i have to test some more. Need more time for battery test. Heating is no issue, i live in Kuwait btw. Performance test on geekbench seems less than before, need more testing. Will test games further today and let you all know. Selfie for me are much better and less noise (would have shared but I'm ugly af). Anything you guys need to know??
      Hello everyone.

So the last couple of days i have gone silent as i have opted to buy the oneplus 9 pro and sell my s21ultra.

I would like to share my experience here:

First of all, the design:
      I know it's mostly subjective to your taste but oh boy how light and slim that phone was. Once you use it, you appreciate the light weight of a device you hold for hours in a day. I got the the matte black which was so sleek and smooth.

Design 9/10

OS and user interface:
      Well, oxygen is definitely clean and nice, Google is embedded in it so greatly everything just syncs effortlessly. Notifications are instant which iwas struggling with using the s21u. User interface is pretty straight forward, nothing fancy or complicated.

7/10

Camera:
      Hahahah, that's the tought part. Unfortunately all photos i took had a family member so I'm terribly sorry i won't be sharing. But hopefully you trust my words.
      Camera is cool, it fast and when it hits, it gives great photos.
      But how is it compared to the s21u....
      It can't be compared, the s21u is way a head definitely.
      I got some hideous photos out of that thing and it takes sooo much time to recognize the object in front unlike Samsung which has it for years now.

Camera 6/10 could get higher over time. I included one photo at the gym ( the most place i spend time in) so much noise.

Smoothness and usability:

Imma get straight to the point, scrolling sucked.

Oh man it was so laggy and annoying, i would literally have my fingers cramped of swiping.
      It can't be compared to the s21u in anyway.

Usability is basic, boring at times, i prefer the versatility you get out of the s21u, definitely much more enhanced and full of features, some you might not use but you still have it.

Smoothness 7/10

Battery: 8.5/10

Performance: 9.5/10

Heating: much better than the s21u

Final verdict:

The biggest issue with oneplus is the weak support they have in global market. I had the Indian variant and it had no support for 5g nor volte which is awful.
      Samsung is already occupying the market, it ahs support everywhere, the phone out of the box is supported in all carriers.
      Oneplus 9pro was definitely a nice phone but will it take over the s21u, nope, not this year.
      I have returned the op9pro and got my s21u back.
      I loved how fast the SD was and benchmarks were crazy but at the end i need a phone to make my life easier.

Hope i covered the important parts. Let me know please.
      Enjoy.
      Ok, so basically transition are smoother.

Camera might be better and less noisy of my experience, i have to test some more.

Need more time for battery test.

Heating is no issue, i live in Kuwait btw.

Performance test on geekbench seems less than before, need more testing.

Will test games further today and let you all know.

Selfie for me are much better and less noise (would have shared but I'm ugly af).

Anything you guys need to know??
      Syrian living in Kuwait.

Kuwait is fully covered by 5g now and it is super fast.
      Wow ,
      India is fully covered with 4g
      But as soon as you turn a lane , phone shows 3g and as soon as you enter your house it shows 2g ,

Haha just kidding 😄😄

We do have 4g but , the speeds are like 10 mbps .

But we do have a very good optic fiber broadband at dirt cheap prices. ( 10 usd for 200 mbps unlimited data for 1 month)