• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[E975][ROM][Official][5.1.1] CyanogenMod 12.1 for Optimus G Int. [03/06/2015]

Any interest in updated CM12 builds for as long as CM12.1 has the known bugs?

• Yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Kevinjoa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 29, 2013
Luedenscheid
kevinhoerner.de
@PsychoGame Hi. How's everything with you? I see cm13 branch for all devices in cm repo but our device :( Will there be any official cm13?

I think we might won't get CM13 from current maintainer rmcc, because he only fixed critical bug after months in cm12.1 and other upstream code wasn't merged on geular basis. Also there might be some more hacks needed for cm13 gproj and he might don't want to spend time on that, but official or not doesn't matter. Let's see. :)

Reactions: akahroba

akahroba

Feb 13, 2014
I think we might won't get CM13 from current maintainer rmcc, because he only fixed critical bug after months in cm12.1 and other upstream code wasn't merged on geular basis. Also there might be some more hacks needed for cm13 gproj and he might don't want to spend time on that, but official or not doesn't matter. Let's see. :)

This means a gproj marshmallow is coming from you soon? :p

maxturk

Aug 3, 2010
Your rom is great and thank you but there is a bug with wifi in france beacause i have freebox v5 hd (my net provider) and there a know bug with cyanogemod 12. Can you update wifi driver please??

Reactions: frank1321

albanese.al

Apr 25, 2014
lg e975

hi, i have e problem with my lg e975 , i cant install recovery because it tells me that my device is protected by manufracturer, so i cant install cyanogen rom, i tryed and to install windows with the change my software 8 edition and it tells me that is protected , i reseted mt phone and without google accont but its tha same , anyone can help me please?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

First of all, I'm not the maintainer of this device, I just created this thread to have a central place where everything related to this rom can be discussed, and give other users with problems good support

WARNING! This ROM is for the E975 variant only!

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit the Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Current known Bugs (Nightly 03/06/2015):
    • SIM Pincode doesn't get accepted even though the code is correct. The bug report on this issue can be found here. The currently known workaround for this bug is also found in the FAQ section in this topic.
    • If you encounter a bug please tell me so I can try to track it down and tackle the problem! (Just leave a message here, or file a bug report using the button above.)

CM-12.1 Install Guide

Note: CM for Optimus G International is provided with no warranty. You are installing this software at your own risk. You may be violating your warranty.

Download CM-12.1 and gapps-lp (optional) zips and put in /sdcard

Please verify the md5sum to be sure you got the right one.

Before you install CM-12.1: Preparation (First three are optional. If you want to start fresh, these can be skipped)
    1. Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
    2. Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your SMS history.
    3. Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history.
    4. Boot into TWRP Recovery (Instructions below). Make a full backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
    WARNING: Many apps will Force Close crash if you restore data from a previous ROM.

Install
    1. Use TWRP Recovery 2.8.6.0. Install Howto:
      • Make sure you have rooted your current Android ROM with any of the methods floating around this forum.
      • Install Freegee from the PlayStore
      • Run Freegee and accept root permissions
      • Make a EFS Backup and store it somewhere safe (Freegee saves it in the internal storage by default, you should copy it to a USB drive for safekeeping)
      • Install CWM from Freegee, and if asked use the Mako unlock method to unlock the bootloader.
      • Boot to CWM Recovery
        • Power off your device.
        • Wait a few seconds.
        • Boot to bootloader by pressing the Volume UP and Power Button at the same time for 2-3 seconds until the Google Logo appears on the screen.
        • In bootloader choose 'Recovery Mode' using volume up/down buttons to swap selections, and power button to select the highlighted option
        • Release the buttons and press them again until the Recovery Screen appears.
      • Choose 'Install zip', Select 'Choose zip from /sdcard', browse to where you saved twrp-2.8.6.0-geehrc.zip and flash twrp-2.8.6.0-geehrc.zip
      • Reboot to Recovery from the 'Advanced Menu'
      • Warning: Only use this recovery to flash CM-12.1. Otherwise, you risk bricking your phone!
    2. In TWRP choose 'Wipe', then 'Swipe to Factory Reset' and go back to the main menu.
    3. Choose 'Install', browse to where you saved cm-12.1*.zip, select the cm-12.1*.zip and 'Swipe to Confirm Flash'.
    4. (Optional) Flash gapps*.zip. You must flash gapps after every upgrade to CM-12.1 since /system is formatted, wiping your previous add-ons.
    5. Reboot phone.
    6. After you setup your Google account, reinstall the three apps from Market in order to restore most of your apps, call log and SMS history.
    7. Warning: Do not restore backup data of system apps!
      • If you restore a bad backup with cached settings in telephony.db in data/data/com.*.*.telephony it can break MMS.
      • It seems that restoring backups can also break Calendar sync.

Upgrades
    Upgrades from previous versions of CM-12.1 are the same process as install, except you do not need to wipe anything. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to even wipe cache and dalvik-cache when upgrading between CM-12.1 versions. You only need to wipe if you are doing a major upgrade, switching to a different ROM entirely, or attempting to fix bugs caused by bad backups or corrupt app data.

Useful Links:

FAQ:
    Q: How the heck do I get root?
    A: Goto Settings and About Phone. Tap Build number 7 times. Go back and enter
    Developer options. Change Root access to desired method.
    Q: How to get around the PIN not accepted bug for now?
    A: A workaround for this bug, until it has been worked out, is to just disable the PIN security for your SIM Card.

Other Issues?
    Use this for obtaining logs.

Credits:
    The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [E975][ROM][Official][5.1.1] CyanogenMod 12.1 for Optimus G International, ROM for the LG Optimus G

Contributors
    PsychoGame
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-05-24
    Last Updated 2015-05-24
    Good job mate. About the sim pin I think @dadi11 has already fixed it.

Thank you for the information @akahroba.
    If I look at the device code, then it looks like they have a completely different device codebase.
    I'll ask @dadi11 about this.
    I may have found the problem for the 'SetupWizard' crash.
    In the process of bugtracking I set selinux to 'permissive', so I wouldn't have to bother SeLinux during bugtracking.
    Strangely after setting Selinux to permissive I was able to clear the 'SetupWizard' without any troubles.
    So my suspicion is there may be some permission problems due to Selinux.
    I'll investigate this matter a little more in the coming days.

Update 1: I can confirm I was right in my findings.
    Selinux blocked some requests which were needed for the SetupWizard.
    I'll upload the patches to the CyanogenMod Gerrit and then hopefully they will be pushed upstream very soon.
    The next thing to investigate will be the Pin problem. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be a permission problem.
    I've seen some hints in the logs which may give some clues on what is going on, but it's too early to base any conclusions on those findings.

Update 2: Yesterday (01/06/2015) my fix for the SetupWizard had been merged.
    Unfortunately the fix didn't make it in time for the 01/06 nightly.
    Today the fix will make it into the 02/06 nightly.
    So I would say happy flashing tot everybody, and please report back you're findings.

Greetings PsychoGame
    I may have found the problem for the 'SetupWizard' crash.
    In the process of bugtracking I set selinux to 'permissive', so I wouldn't have to bother SeLinux during bugtracking.
    Strangely after setting Selinux to permissive I was able to clear the 'SetupWizard' without any troubles.
    So my suspicion is there may be some permission problems due to Selinux.
    I'll investigate this matter a little more in the coming days.

Update 1: I can confirm I was right in my findings.
    Selinux blocked some requests which were needed for the SetupWizard.
    I'll upload the patches to the CyanogenMod Gerrit and then hopefully they will be pushed upstream very soon.
    The next thing to investigate will be the Pin problem. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be a permission problem.
    I've seen some hints in the logs which may give some clues on what is going on, but it's too early to base any conclusions on those findings.

Greetings PsychoGame
    Good job mate. About the sim pin I think @dadi11 has already fixed it.
    Heeeeeeey @PsychoGame. How's everything with you? Time to time you come with your nice ideas and then disappear. Please stay around and let us benefit from your linux knowledge :)