• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

EAP-SIM Freemobile French topic

Search This thread

wiwi60

May 6, 2012
Oise
freeaddons.free.fr
picture.php
picture.php

Hi i'm new french member I open this topic for help dev to upgrade Cyanogen Mod 7.2 & 9 with EAP-SIM to do working this function with french provider

Edit 11/06/12
New apps for eap-sim et Freewifi_secure here=>>EAPSIM FREEWIFI SECURE
Edit 12/06/06:There have some solutions on this topic to use eap-sim freemobile on some smartphones (samsung,HTC)read this post...

List of Working EAP-SIM phone with freemobile today:
GAlaxy ace working (rom freemobile)
Galaxy S2 working (rom freemobile)
Galaxy S working (rom xxjvu ou xxjw4 +freewificonfig.apk

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

-On galaxy ace with CM 7.2 RC1 et CM9 beta 8 16/03/12
On galaxy acethe only function who no working for this Mod are
Cyanogen Mod 7.2 RC1 16/03/2012
EAP-SIM & radio fm

Cyanogen Mod 9 beta 7
Camera &eap sim
Cyanogen Mod 9 beta 8
Camera & wifi

For dev i have rom freemobile if you want and i have a backup of freemobile rom with cwm

Sorry for my poor english

Bonjour a tous les utilisateurs de freemobile!!!

Salut je suis nouveau membre français j'ouvre ce sujet pour aider les dev de mettre à niveau CM7.2 et 9 avec EAP-SIM à faire fonctionner avec le fournisseur français
Sur galaxie ace ce qui ne fonctionne pas pour ce Mod sont

Sur galaxie ace

CM7.2RC1 16/03/2012
Appareil photo et EAP-SIM
CM9
Appareil photo (pas tester EAP-SIM je teste rapidement)
Pour les dev j'ai rom freemobile si vous voulez
Désolé pour mon mauvais anglais

If somebody have found "How to EAP-SIM on any smartphones" i can had their solution or link in this post

Last edited:

wiwi60

May 6, 2012
Oise
freeaddons.free.fr
Solution pour EAP-SIM !!!!!!!
Working Solution for EAP-SIM !!!!!!!

Roms officielles "Freemobile"(French provider) pour Samsung EAP SIM OK!!
Rom officielle freemobile pour GTS5830-GalaxyAce/
Rom officielle pour GTi9100-GalaxyS2/
french official rom provider freemobile with eapsim function in rom galaxy ace and s2

Pour galasy s gt i9000 utiliser freewificonfig.apk sur rom xxjvu rom ou xxjw4 rom lire ce post=>
For galasy s gt i9000 use freewificonfig.apk on xxjvu rom ou xxjw4 rom read this post=>http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=26884707&postcount=29
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1101242&d=133864644
Autre solution pour S2 ici
Other solution for S2 with other rom test here =>>solution for other rom on Galaxy S2

La solution ici
freewificonfig.png

The solution here=>>FreeWifiConfig
Compatibility List
Offciel list Liste/list
Liste de compatibilité Liste/list

Last edited:

le_da

Sep 26, 2007
hello team

you have news in add configuration EAP SIM in other mobil android ?

Alouch47

Jan 24, 2011
Paris
Hi,

i'm trying to compile AOKP from sources (for HTC Sensation, but it's AOKP so adaptable for other devices), with EAP-SIM patch found on the google code SEEK project page.

But i'm facing some compilations errors.

If someone is willing to help, maybe we can advance on this ?

soicnarf

Aug 31, 2008
Paris
Worked

Hi guys,

I made it work without any strong modifications on my Desire/Bravo HTC stock Gingerbread (2.3.3) (but rooted).
Maybe it could work with CM...

0) deactivate/turn off wifi
1) as root you have to make the modification in /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf to add Freewifi_secure parameters.

network={
ssid="FreeWifi_secure"
key_mgmt=WPA-EAP IEEE8021X
eap=SIM
priority=8
}

2) Then you have to go to Parameters (Paramètres) -> Security (Sécurité) -> Set password in section credential storage (Définir le mot de passe dans la section stockage des identifiants) and define a password.
3) Make sure you have also check/activate the "Use secure credentials" ("Utiliser des identifiants sécurisés")

Then
4) activate wifi
5) choose to connect to Freewifi_secure (it won't connect to Freewifi_secure right now)
6) Then Add a Wi-Fi network, call it whatever you want but choose under Security: 802.1x Enterprise
7) the phone will then ask for your credential, the password you define in step 2)
8) Don't save the Wi-fi network and Cancel it

Et voilà: you can now connect to Freewifi_secure \o/

-> With further test, it seems that step 6 and 7 are to be done every time you reboot your phone.

-> For the explanation and upon my opinion, since you can't create Freewifi_secure through the GUI, the phone don't "activate" the
"use of secure credentials" (seems to be needed to use EAP SIM). And when you are creating a dummy Wifi_network that is
a 802.1x one, the phone open the access for all wifi networks to the secure credentials.

cheers,
F.

napodan

Apr 22, 2012
Asnieres
It didn't work on my HTC desire (rom oxygen 2.3.2). I don't have the "802.1x Enterprise" option, I have "802.1x EAP" which I believe is the same.
Then I've selected :
Method EAP : PEAP
Authentification phase 2 : none
certificat : none
user certificat : none
Identity : (empty)
Anonymous : (empty)
password : (the password I entered in step 2)

But the phone stay deconnected...

soicnarf

Aug 31, 2008
Paris
You did it wrong I think.
The password in step 2 is not the one when you configure a Wifi_network but when you are selecting 802.1x then the phone open a new dialog box (different from the one to configure the new wifi network) asking for "secure credential password" but for that you have to follow step 2 and step 3

Reactions: napodan

napodan

Apr 22, 2012
Asnieres
Ok. I understand. But when I select 802.1x, no dialog box is open. The only moment, I've got a dialog box is when I activate the "Use secure credentials".

Masteroshi

Apr 6, 2012
sublevels.free.fr
Hi guys,

I made it work without any strong modifications on my Desire/Bravo HTC stock Gingerbread (2.3.3) (but rooted).

1) as root you have to make the modification in /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf to add Freewifi_secure parameters.

network={
ssid="FreeWifi_secure"
eap=SIM
priority=8
}

2) Then you have to go to Parameters (Paramètres) -> Security (Sécurité) -> Set password in section credential storage (Définir le mot de passe dans la section stockage des identifiants) and define a password.
3) Make sure you have also check/activate the "Use secure credentials" ("Utiliser des identifiants sécurisés")

Then
4) activate wifi
5) choose to connect to Freewifi_secure (it won't connect to Freewifi_secure right now)
6) Then Add a Wi-Fi network, call it whatever you want but choose under Security: 802.1x Enterprise
7) the phone will then ask for your credential, the password you define in step 2)

-> With further test, it seems that step 6 and 7 are to be done every time you reboot your phone.

-> For the explanation and upon my opinion, since you can't create Freewifi_secure through the GUI, the phone don't "activate" the
"use of secure credentials" (seems to be needed to use EAP SIM). And when you are creating a dummy Wifi_network that is
a 802.1x one, the phone open the access for all wifi networks to the secure credentials.

cheers,
F.

Works on HTC sensation with InsertCoin Evolution v1.4 without doing step 2, 3 ... It's so easy I can't believe it really works, but it does work...
thank you !

napodan

Apr 22, 2012
Asnieres
Works on HTC sensation with InsertCoin Evolution v1.4 without doing step 2, 3 ...

didn't work on htc desire with InsertCoin Sense 2.1 1.1.3. I've got every step (with the one I don't have on oxygen) but the phone doesn't connect.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

I just tried on Htc Desire Mildwild 4.0 (So AOSP) and there is no 802.1x Enterprise, i will flash a stock rom this afternoon...

If you don't have 802.1x Enterprise, try 802.1x EAP. It's the same thing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear FreeMobile users, would you try the cwm.zip for SGS2 attached below ?
    After flashing it, just select freewifi_secure in Wifi parameters, and Enjoy. Pay attention I'm using CM9 on SGS2. Try it at your own risk with other system. I don't think this will work on other devices as I used a samsung's rom file.
    Worked

Hi guys,

network={
    ssid="FreeWifi_secure"
    eap=SIM
    priority=8
    }

Then
    4) activate wifi

cheers,
    F.
    Help page on mobile.free.fr -> mobile.free.fr/assistance/288.html ?

It says "Méthode EAP" : "Sim"
    But I dont have this option.

I'm on ICS 4.0.4 BCM RC4.0U0 GSM/CDMA <2012-06-09> (Bravo CM9 HWA)
    I used FreeWifiConfig and it has right set my wpa_supplicant.conf

But it seems that we must have specific RIL & Radio,
    isn't it ?

Does someone could post a screen capture of advanced setting of this wifi's connection ?
    Long press on "FreeWifi_secure" + "Modifier le réseau"

You're running CyanogenMod : As said, AOSP doesn't support EAP-SIM yet, thus you don't have the SIM auth method listed.
    And as said, I'll be working on a patch that I'll submit to CM/AOSP once I'm done with a few things ;)
    picture.php
    picture.php

Hi i'm new french member I open this topic for help dev to upgrade Cyanogen Mod 7.2 & 9 with EAP-SIM to do working this function with french provider

Edit 11/06/12
    New apps for eap-sim et Freewifi_secure here=>>EAPSIM FREEWIFI SECURE
    Edit 12/06/06:There have some solutions on this topic to use eap-sim freemobile on some smartphones (samsung,HTC)read this post...

List of Working EAP-SIM phone with freemobile today:
    GAlaxy ace working (rom freemobile)
    Galaxy S2 working (rom freemobile)
    Galaxy S working (rom xxjvu ou xxjw4 +freewificonfig.apk

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

-On galaxy ace with CM 7.2 RC1 et CM9 beta 8 16/03/12
    On galaxy acethe only function who no working for this Mod are
    Cyanogen Mod 7.2 RC1 16/03/2012
    EAP-SIM & radio fm

Cyanogen Mod 9 beta 7
    Camera &eap sim
    Cyanogen Mod 9 beta 8
    Camera & wifi

For dev i have rom freemobile if you want and i have a backup of freemobile rom with cwm

Sorry for my poor english

Bonjour a tous les utilisateurs de freemobile!!!

Salut je suis nouveau membre français j'ouvre ce sujet pour aider les dev de mettre à niveau CM7.2 et 9 avec EAP-SIM à faire fonctionner avec le fournisseur français
    Sur galaxie ace ce qui ne fonctionne pas pour ce Mod sont

Sur galaxie ace

CM7.2RC1 16/03/2012
    Appareil photo et EAP-SIM
    CM9
    Appareil photo (pas tester EAP-SIM je teste rapidement)
    Pour les dev j'ai rom freemobile si vous voulez
    Désolé pour mon mauvais anglais

If somebody have found "How to EAP-SIM on any smartphones" i can had their solution or link in this post
    Dear FreeMobile users, would you try the cwm.zip for SGS2 attached below ?
    After flashing it, just select freewifi_secure in Wifi parameters, and Enjoy. Pay attention I'm using CM9 on SGS2. Try it at your own risk with other system. I don't think this will work on other devices as I used a samsung's rom file.

I didn't take a look deeply but I think this is just wpa_supplicant from stock rom. Remember it'll only work exclusively on the device it was taken from. I didn't have time yet to look at it (and with Jelly Bean coming I'll have even less), but I promise to try during the summer.
    Speaking of Jelly Bean, no, my Galaxy Nexus won't connect to FreeWifi_Secure out-of-the-box.