Earphones channels are reversed

zinou111

Sep 30, 2016
Annaba
Hello everyone!.. I hope y'all doing great.

well, I didn't find anywhere to post this problem but I had to do it here cuz I have an OP5,, anyways..
my problem is that I bought earphones, nd the audio channel is reversed (right sound coming from left ear & vice versa) so it's really annoying, especially in games as u really need to identify where sound is coming from,,
nd wearing them reversed is really uncomfortable as they're designed to be wearable on the exact ear
so my question is: is there anyway to reverse audio channels using software modifications? (editing system files, apps... anything)
I've already tried Viper4Android but it doesn't have this option..
any help would be appreciated, thanks.

strongst

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
prolific location
prolific-page.com
Hello everyone!.. I hope y'all doing great.

well, I didn't find anywhere to post this problem but I had to do it here cuz I have an OP5,, anyways..
my problem is that I bought earphones, nd the audio channel is reversed (right sound coming from left ear & vice versa) so it's really annoying, especially in games as u really need to identify where sound is coming from,,
nd wearing them reversed is really uncomfortable as they're designed to be wearable on the exact ear
so my question is: is there anyway to reverse audio channels using software modifications? (editing system files, apps... anything)
I've already tried Viper4Android but it doesn't have this option..
any help would be appreciated, thanks.
You should give them back and receive new ones instead of searching for a workaround :)

zinou111

Sep 30, 2016
Annaba
You should give them back and receive new ones instead of searching for a workaround :)
I bought it 2 months ago,, I don't think that'll work :rolleyes:
I really really like these earphones, as they have very powerful bass nd a great clearity while listening to music, that's why m looking for a workaround nd not for a replacement :D

strongst

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
prolific location
prolific-page.com
I bought it 2 months ago,, I don't think that'll work :rolleyes:
I really really like these earphones, as they have very powerful bass nd a great clearity while listening to music, that's why m looking for a workaround nd not for a replacement :D
Foobar has reverse stereo channels within DSP for example.
Maybe mixer_paths.xml has an option for that.

Reactions: zinou111

zinou111

Sep 30, 2016
Annaba
You mean Foobar2000? that's a music player.
I'm looking for a system-wide solution if there's any, as I said, my biggest concern is in games, as I should be able to know where exactly the sound is coming from.
it doesn't really matter in music tho.

zinou111

Sep 30, 2016
Annaba
Yes exactly, that's what I was looking for, an editable file to reverse channels from system!..
is there any tutorial or a anything about how to do it? and where this file is located?

strongst

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
prolific location
prolific-page.com
Yes exactly, that's what I was looking for, an editable file to reverse channels from system!..
is there any tutorial or a anything about how to do it? and where this file is located?
Just do fine Google search about this file. There are plenty of tutorials also on xda. I used it in the past to gain mic volumes,but cannot say if it is capable of helping you in that manner.

Reactions: zinou111

zinou111

Sep 30, 2016
Annaba
Yeah, good luck, the file contains plenty of audio settings, maybe you find the right one. Let us here if you're get what you need :good:
found a similar problem here
but the files are quite bit different, I followed same steps on that thread with my mixer_paths.xml but it didn't do any changes, audio still reversed.. I'm sure I edited the wrong file..
what do you think is the right file? (regarding that thread)

strongst

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
prolific location
prolific-page.com
found a similar problem here
but the files are quite bit different, I followed same steps on that thread with my mixer_paths.xml but it didn't do any changes, audio still reversed.. I'm sure I edited the wrong file..
what do you think is the right file? (regarding that thread)
The files are not the same on every device, that's true. But you need to find the lines to edit. Some trial and error ;) make backups before editing anything(file and twrp).

zinou111

Sep 30, 2016
Annaba
The files are not the same on every device, that's true. But you need to find the lines to edit. Some trial and error ;) make backups before editing anything(file and twrp).
found the exact same lines on mixer_paths.xml nd edited them as OP mentioned, but after reboot it remained reversed, I'll try with other files (already backed up .xml files)