[Easy][GUIDE][UNROOT][RELOCK BOOTLOADER]Flash Stock KDZ Offline LG L90 [All Variants]

Search This thread

lfom

Well first of all thank to everyone who read my post repaly big hugs and hope having a fantastic day,well my name is Dave and im from Puerto Rico im gonna tried to xplain the most part my english is not my Native language lol,so like you see in the title i need little bit of help with my LG L90 Optimus T-Mobile well i read the thread from the friend here "gdjindal" and i think this is what i need,im a noob on this guys really i only do a root one one of my phone a galaxy s2 and was easy and everything wrok fine but with this LG man is a pain in the butt,this phone was a gift because the person say not working no more but i say give it to me no worry i tried to fix it and yes i look in the internet and i fix it the LG working fine and i give a hard reset and all but my SIMCArd is from AT&T and not work at all,so i tried to search a little bit also on youtube and do some stuff root it with some software frist call Towelroot something like that but the phone app say the phone is not compatible so i tried other method with LG One Click and LG Script Tool...
[...]
P.S it the thread wont let me to upload some IMAGE how i can show them then
First, try Kingroot from XDA thread, it should work to root any KitKat or Lollipop on L90.

In second place, if you want to SIM unlock your phone to use it with other carrier's SIM then it's a completely different subject. Bootloader unlocking is just to be able to change recovery (and system, consequently). To SIM unlock you must contact the original carrier and request it or buy an unlock somewhere (also possible online).

Davepr

Jun 30, 2016
First, try Kingroot from XDA thread, it should work to root any KitKat or Lollipop on L90.

In second place, if you want to SIM unlock your phone to use it with other carrier's SIM then it's a completely different subject. Bootloader unlocking is just to be able to change recovery (and system, consequently). To SIM unlock you must contact the original carrier and request it or buy an unlock somewhere (also possible online).

thank kind sir for reply i look that the Kingroot but i dont found nothing maybe i dont know where to star it is possible to link me the thread if that possible if not well i tried to look more and thk again

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
thank kind sir for reply i look that the Kingroot but i dont found nothing maybe i dont know where to star it is possible to link me the thread if that possible if not well i tried to look more and thk again
Google search for KingRoot. It's not hosted at XDA nor is there a thread.

Sent from my LG G Flex 2 (LS996) using Tapatalk

lfom

Reactions: shinobisoft

naaandiito

Jul 16, 2016
i've done all the steps above, but after it's finished my phone wont even boot and always stucks on firmware update mode, even when i didnt press any other button on my phone except the power button. any help will be appreciated. thanks

lfom

i've done all the steps above, but after it's finished my phone wont even boot and always stucks on firmware update mode, even when i didnt press any other button on my phone except the power button. any help will be appreciated. thanks
Maybe you have a stuck volume button? There is no reason to an L90 always start in download mode after a factory reset otherwise AFAIK.

lalithpatil08

Jan 6, 2015
Sir I have lg d410 its hard bricked while flashing custom rom. I tried to repair a lot but till now i have just created phone partitions but i dont know how to flash stock rom. When i connect my phn to pc it shows Qualcomm in device manager. Sir what should i do. Thanks in Advance

xanscorp

Feb 14, 2015
LG Flash Tool and the original firmware. Flash it back to stock and then re-root. If the device is detected, it should be able to flash it.

Reactions: lalithpatil08

xanscorp

Feb 14, 2015

sir its detected as Qualcomm i want to make it detect as lg android so what should i do.... its fully dead

1. Uninstall the current drivers
  2. Use the LG Mobile United drivers found in this thread (Page 43 I think).
  3. Install the drivers.
  4. With the phone powered off, hold the volume up and down keys simultaneously and connect via USB to the comp/laptop to enter Download Mode. (I believe Qualcomm will still show, but as long as it detects the device, you should be good to flash).
  5. Select the .kdz file from the Stock ROM to flash to the phone.
  6. Wait until it is done...phone will automatically reboot into the basic ROM.

abc360

Nov 4, 2013
I have a LG L90 and it doesn´t boot to android(I don´t come out from welcomescreen, google error comes). And I don´t get it in the downloadmode, only fastbootmode comes. It´s not rooted. What can I do?

xanscorp

Feb 14, 2015
Does it remain on the fastboot screen? If so you may be able to proceed through the rooting process in order to boot a ROM.

abc360

Nov 4, 2013
Does it access adb while connected at least?

My phone is booting up to the welcome screen. After network configuration I get everytime this error: "Unfortunately, Google Text-to-speech engine has stopped". After that the screen show me "Just a sec" and again the network conifguration. My computer doesn´t recognize it in adb (maybe wrong driver, I don´t know). But in fastboot my computer recognize this smarthone.

xanscorp

Feb 14, 2015
I meant in fastboot. (On a side note, if it went to fastboot to begin with, your bootloader was/is unlocked.)

Also, can you get into any recovery? Booting into recovery is a different key combination than download mode.

Last edited:

abc360

Nov 4, 2013
I meant in fastboot. (On a side note, if it went to fastboot to begin with, your bootloader was/is unlocked.)

Also, can you get into any recovery? Booting into recovery is a different key combination than download mode.

This happens when I flash recovery in fastboot

platform-tools> fastboot devices
dfbc43 fastboot

platform-tools> fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (13750 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.465s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.473s

xanscorp

Feb 14, 2015
Try the command: fastboot getvar oem unlock first. It should tell you for certain if it is unlocked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all, This is not my original work. All credits goes to :cowboy:quangnhut123:cowboy:, who modified this tool for us. I am just sharing this GUIDE for easy flashing KZD to L90

I have tested this method myself and it is working perfectly for me, but it is also possible that it might not work for you for some reasons, so don't panic, just post your problem or whatever error you are facing (please attach screenshot if possible). I or other thread members will try to troubleshoot it. After resolving the problem I'll update this post, so that other members do not face such problem again.
    • PLEASE, USE THIS TUTORIAL AT YOUR OWN RISK, IF SOMETHING WENT WRONG (because of your stupidity) ME OR XDA WILL NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR LOSS.
    • Flashing KDZ removes Root and CWM, so you will need to root again.
    • Flashing KDZ does not wipe your data, but if you get bootloops you need to hard-reset it, so please backup data first.
    DEVICES FLASHED WITH THIS GUIDE AND TESTED OK: LG L90 (D410)

1. Download KDZ file

To download KZD for you Device GOTO http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?firmware=1
    Enter IMEI no of your device.

attachment.php

Enter IMEI Number of your LG Device and press Download Button. It will generate a download link for kdz file.
    Be warned the KDZ that your going to use will be auto deleted (may be not) so make another copy

2. Precautions:-

• Please temporarily disable any Adblock add-on in your browser and I recommend to check your host file
      C:Windows\system32\drivers\etc\host
      Enable Show Hidden Files in Folder Option (Don't disable this option until kdz flashing process completes) and Delete the LG Mobile Tool folder (if exist) from
      C:\ProgramData\

• Remove all other USB devices (external HDD, backup drives, other phones, etc.) and cables connected to PC to avoid issued due to voltage loss.

• OFFLINE KDZ FLASHING DOES NOT LOOSE PHONE DATA, BUT YOU MUST BACKUP YOUR PHONE IN ANY CASE.
    3. Downloads:-

Download zip file attached below.

4. Install LG Drivers (internet required for this):

Extract B2CAppSetup.zip anywhere on PC and Run B2CAppSetup.exe as administrator. Accept Agreement and a window will appear. Click on OK button (Bottom Right) on instructions. Now connect your LG Device to PC in LG Software mode. B2CAppSetup tool will detect it. Now Click on Install USB Drivers (2nd option on Top Left). It will automatically download and install drivers for your device. If Install USB Drivers options goes grey (Disable) after detecting phone, it means latest USB Drivers are already installed.

After installing USB Drivers please REBOOT YOU PC

Now Connect Phone in Software Upgrade Mode: Switch OFF the phone and Press VolumeUP button and insert USB cable into the phone, Now phone should show Firmware Upgrade Mode.

Let windows load any drivers, wait until it finishes. TWO ENTRIES SHOULD APPEAR IN DEVICE MANAGER IF DRIVERS ARE PROPERLY INSTALLED

attachment.php

After installing device drivers unplug the phone from PC

5. Starting The Installation Process:

Extract LG Flash Tool 2014.zip to C:\ drove of PC.
    Open LG Flash Tool 2014 folder and run LGFlashTool2014.exe and administrator.

LG Flash Tool 2014 windows will appear.

1. Select "3GQCT" in Type of Flash.
    2. Select "EMERGENCY" for PhoneMode.
    3. Select your KDZ file in the Select KDZ File box.
    4. Press "Normal Flash" button. (as pic below)

attachment.php

IMPORTANT: Do not change the names of the KDZ files. (They should look like.... "D41010a_00.kdz" or other version in same style.)

Now "Read Phone Information" box will open with blank information, Just press "Start"

attachment.php

Now "Select country and language" small box will open. Here select "Different Country" and "English" and press "OK"

attachment.php

The utility starts the official LG Mobile Support Tool

attachment.php

After a few seconds a screen will appear saying "The phone is disconnected from PC.". Do not click on any button.

attachment.php

Now again connect phone in Software Upgrade Mode: Switch OFF the phone and Press Volume UP button and insert USB cable into the phone, Now phone should show Firmware Upgrade Mode and click retry button.

Now actual flashing will start, and if your KDZ file is good flashing will end without any issue.

JUST RELAX!! SIT BACK WITH HANDS FOLDED BEHIND HEAD AND WATCH IT HAPPENING.

When it finishes full flashing and phone will start rebooting.

YOU CAN REMOVE CABLE AFTER 100%, AND FLASHING IS FINISHED!!! Close all programs.

attachment.php
    In case of Bootloops try this :-

This might come in handy for some people too:

I just this method many times to go back to stock, but the last time I tried this my device got into a bootloop. I actually fixed this by shutting down the phone, starting the phone with the power and volume down button pressed, releasing those buttons when the LG logo shows up and immediately pressing them again, then choose to perform a factory reset. After factory reset the phone booted like I expected it to. Might not work for everyone, but is definitely worth a try before you try to flash the KDZ again.
    Heving Problem.....
    Here are some troubleshooting steps :-

• Check USB Derives installed properly for L90.

• When you connect phone in software upgrade mode with PC, Make sure Device Manager Showing Phone is connected.

• Disable any firewall or antivirus if active.

• when flash tool prompts to reconnect the phone or saying device not found, just unplug phone==> pull battery out ==> insert it back==> Reconnect phone in software upgrade mode and retry flashing.

• If still not working, then quit flash tool => Restart PC => This time first connect phone in software upgrade mode to PC=> then launch flash tool and try to flash .

• Disconnecting and reconnecting phone for several times could also helpful.
    This might come in handy for some people too:

I used this method many times to go back to stock, but the last time I tried this my device got into a bootloop. I actually fixed this by shutting down the phone, starting the phone with the power and volume down button pressed, releasing those buttons when the LG logo shows up and immediately pressing them again, then choose to perform a factory reset. After the factory reset the phone booted like I expected it to. Might not work for everyone, but is definitely worth a try before you try to flash the KDZ file again.
    How when device position is softbrick or bootloop..? And debuging not aktif... ?

Thanks

Sent from my LG-D410 using xda premium