• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Easy ROOT] S6 edge plus Marshmallow 6.0.1

Search This thread

Calvinx1

Jan 31, 2011
Here is the easy way to ROOT your Galaxy S6 edge plus with Marshmallow:

Download TWRP for S6 edge plus: (I mean Compatible)
https://dl.twrp.me/zenlte/

Download SuperSU V2.68 BETA or latest (2.78 Stable its OK)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/supersu

Copy SuperSU to your phone
Remember to enable debugging mode and unlock device
Now flash TWRP via Odin (AP), remeber to unmark "auto reboot" in option tab
Restart to Recovery (Vol Up + Home + Pwr)
Flash SuperSu from TWRP (latest version, 2.68 was latest at the time of the post not now)

If You have tried other options could be posible that You have to re flash Marshmallow again and repeat the procedure.

I can conffirm It works
ROOT - 100%
SELINUX - intact
Battery - Testing but looking good. (Depends of your ROM and Kernel if You go beyond Stock ;) )

Last edited:

AK1149

May 20, 2012
Dammam
You can't flash the S6 Edge Plus recovery with the marshmallow bootloader. I think you need to flash a old bootloader first.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Or I think you can flash Note 5 TWRP. (Tested Working)

UPDATE: PHONE GET "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." WITH NOTE 5 RECOVERY. DON'T TRY THIS WITH NOTE 5 RECOVERY.

Last edited:

ariefabuzaky

Dec 19, 2013
You can't flash the S6 Edge Plus recovery with the marshmallow bootloader. I think you need to flash a old bootloader first.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

UPDATE: PHONE GET "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." WITH NOTE 5 RECOVERY. DON'T TRY THIS WITH NOTE 5 RECOVERY.
I flash note 5 recovery(nobleltezt) and working perfect with my s6 edge+ and no need to old booloader..

Sent from my SM-G928K using Tapatalk

ariefabuzaky

Dec 19, 2013
Recovery works. You sure the root works? I just tried it, all sorts of errors started popping up when tried booting in the device.
Yup..root works perfect mate .. strange [emoji1] .maybe a different way,first i flash Cf-autoroot for my Sm-G928k and then flash note 5 TWRP revovery,

Last edited:
Reactions: kingofpain1402

promox

Sep 11, 2009
uninstall supersu apk from your device
All the problems supersu 2.65 app in the markets
install beta super su with twrp
good root
no lag
there is no supersu apk icon, but no problem

Last edited:

rbt001

Jul 2, 2013
Dar Es Salaam
No need for old BootLoader

Yup..root works perfect mate .. strange [emoji1] .maybe a different way,first i flash Cf-autoroot for my Sm-G928k and then flash note 5 TWRP revovery,

yes I can confirm. You don't need to flash the old boot loader. I also flashed CF-Autoroot first, boot it up once and then straight to flashing TWRP (via Odin).

Phone rooted and appears smooth. Battery life yet to be determined but at least my phone isn't overheating as it was with SuperSu v2.65.

Last edited:
Reactions: chfront

ariefabuzaky

Dec 19, 2013
yes I can confirm. You don't need to flash the old boot loader. I also flashed CF-Autoroot first, boot it up once and then straight to flashing TWRP (via Odin).

Phone rooted and appears smooth. Battery life yet to be determined but at least my phone isn't overheating as it was with SuperSu v2.65.
Good to hear that

hurstov

Nov 1, 2010
My phone cooks when I installed super user. Tried this and Dr ketans and cf autoroute. As soon as I uninstall, phone cools and all is good in the world.

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Minus root

---------- Post added 1st March 2016 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 29th February 2016 at 11:47 PM ----------

Edit: I still have full root access with superuser uninstalled. That's new...

Calvinx1

Jan 31, 2011
If you do it correclty you will have full functional SuperSu, phone isnt getting hot and battery is ok (Still cycling to see, and I think that a custom kernel will help but is ok)
If you dont have a SuperSu icon or is showing a old version maybe You had tried other solutions, in that case could be possible that You need to reflash MM to stock re try my way

I confirm full root access, other method gave me root access to apps but could not moddify system files; This way give You full root.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the easy way to ROOT your Galaxy S6 edge plus with Marshmallow:

Download TWRP for S6 edge plus: (I mean Compatible)
    https://dl.twrp.me/zenlte/

Download SuperSU V2.68 BETA or latest (2.78 Stable its OK)
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/supersu

Copy SuperSU to your phone
    Remember to enable debugging mode and unlock device
    Now flash TWRP via Odin (AP), remeber to unmark "auto reboot" in option tab
    Restart to Recovery (Vol Up + Home + Pwr)
    Flash SuperSu from TWRP (latest version, 2.68 was latest at the time of the post not now)

If You have tried other options could be posible that You have to re flash Marshmallow again and repeat the procedure.

I can conffirm It works
    ROOT - 100%
    SELINUX - intact
    Battery - Testing but looking good. (Depends of your ROM and Kernel if You go beyond Stock ;) )
    I flashed TWRP but i have bootlop,. But TWRP from note 5 dr.ketan thread is fine..

I flash note 5 recovery(nobleltezt) and working perfect with my s6 edge+ and no need to old booloader..

Where and how can i get mm on edge+ G928T? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk