Easy upgrade to 4.3 [online] [Rom]

Search This thread

serdar_gs

Mar 21, 2013

Thanks for the help faria. but did not. give constant error 'unsupported version'
have already said:
NOTICE.
Dear all,
The latest 4.3 official firmware (MK4 or later ) has KNOX enabled bootloader and can't be downgrade. So, don't try to downgrade If your bootloader is KNOX enabled.

I install philz recovery and it was knox warranty void: 1
no longer I can install all roms :S

Wacco001

Mar 26, 2011
.. just around the corner !
... a new app what makes knox 0

FYI: There is no way back to 0 .. :angel:

The “KNOX Warranty Void” bit (or simply KNOX bit) is used to detect if a non-KNOX kernel has been loaded on the device.
It is a one-time programmable bit in e-fuse, which can only be turned from “0” to “1” (i.e. burned).
If a non-KNOX boot loader or kernel has been put on the device, KNOX can no longer guarantee the security of the KNOX Container.
As a result, this KNOX bit will be burned to “1”, indicating that this device can no longer use the KNOX Container service.

Cheers,

faria

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
T

The “KNOX Warranty Void” bit (or simply KNOX bit) is used to detect if a non-KNOX kernel has been loaded on the device.
It is a one-time programmable bit in e-fuse, which can only be turned from “0” to “1” (i.e. burned).
If a non-KNOX boot loader or kernel has been put on the device, KNOX can no longer guarantee the security of the KNOX Container.
As a result, this KNOX bit will be burned to “1”, indicating that this device can no longer use the KNOX Container service.

Cheers,

In our Notes 2 there is no proof at the moment that in fact the device has a fisical E-fuse, in fact it seems to be a software thing I know there will be away of resetting/bypassing it in future but with the new locked kernels from Samsung it proving difficult.
As far as I can see, the the knox flag is another form of binary count in our devices.
Remember, at one the same was said about reseting the binary. :)

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: serdar_gs

outrun86

Oct 27, 2010
Hi, I was on 4.1.2 and flashed the package but I forgot to factory reset the phone before. Nevertheless flashing with Odin went right, it's all running OK, I'm on 4.3, all my settings and apps were kept, I have a right IMEI and of course I lost root. But should I reset the phone to factory reset or it's not necessary?

Thanks a lot man!

faria

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Hi, I was on 4.1.2 and flashed the package but I forgot to factory reset the phone before. Nevertheless flashing with Odin went right, it's all running OK, I'm on 4.3, all my settings and apps were kept, I have a right IMEI and of course I lost root. But should I reset the phone to factory reset or it's not necessary?

Thanks a lot man!

If all is working fine then you don't need to reset.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: outrun86

serdar_gs

Mar 21, 2013
faria :) my knox warranty bid = 1 you know :) still not able to fix? now my warranty applies but now I can not receive updates? I'm not sure, you said it :)

robsonhcosta

Oct 30, 2009
Brasilia
Samsung Galaxy A54 5G
Goodnight Farias,

I installed the stock rom 4.1.2 ZTO Brazil and would like to install your rom via mobile odin pro, but I have doubts when you said "Now you must download and flash this package pc Via Odin!" Link and go to https:// / drive.google.com / folderview 0Bzp0aA1mdsNVVTBlM2t2VWZJWVk & id = usp = sharing, shows me some folders and files: 4.3 kernel stuff, mj5 modem, note 2 roms, 4.3 kernel and stuff.rar 4.3bootloadersonly.rar

My doubt is which files / apps I have downloaded to install after installing the 4.3 Deknoxed via mobile odin?

These files or applications of the package are installed via pc or mobile odin?

Very grateful for your help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Easy upgrade to 4.3][OS 4.3 MK9][03/01/2014]GT-N7100

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    -- Flashing roms especially with bootloaders are dangerous, make sure you make a nandroid backup before hand,Please follow the instructions carefully

Introduction
    The aim of this project is to make easy to upgrade to 4.3 or downgrade to 4.1.
    This rom is the official samsung 4.3 [N7100XXUEMK9] without knox files or bootloader.
    Rom is for people that wish to upgrade to 4.3 and keep their device in Official status without knox.

Screenshot_2013-12-28-19-12-39.png
    2014-01-02%2009.47.43.jpg

Installation instructions via Odin pc
    You must reset your device to factory defaults before flashing.
    Download file and extract it
    Put your device into download mode [volume down, power button and home button]. Keep them pressed until the download mode shows up then press volume up]
    Launch Odin ,select pda and browse to Final.tar.md5 and press start in Odin.
    this will take a while
    Done!

Installation instructions via Mobile Odin
    Copy final.tar.md5 to the storage card of your device
    -- Tap the Open file … tab mobile odin ,
    browse to the final.tar.md5 location and select it,
    tick all boxes under everoot and Wipe [this will **root the rom and wipe the device]
    Now press flash Firmware
    Now you must Download and flash this package Via pc Odin!
    Done!
    If Odin fails don't despair put you phone into download mode again and re-flash even if it happens more that once.
    Avoid Usb 3 ports.

Rooting instructions

Download
    Download rom from link below
    -- Download

Changelog
    Code:
    Current changelog: -- 03/01/2014
    [BASE] --                    MK9 BTU
    [BUILD NUMBER]--   JSS15J.N7100XXUEML3
    KERNEL] --                3.0.31-2138564
    [BOOTLOADER] --    MJ5
    [RADIO] --                  MJ9
    [SELINUX STATUS] ENFORCING

FAQ
    How to downgrade to 4.1?
    Coming soon.....

Can i flash a custom rom after this?
    Yes .

Can i use this package to Set my device to OFFICIAL status?
    yes, After flashing it use Triangle away to Fix your Status.

Can i use this Rom to revert Knox to X0?
    NO.

Will this package Trigger my binary?
    No.

Q. I have already flashed a 4.3 custom rom, can i still flash this?
    Yes

Thanks To/Credits
    Code:
    * Chaifire,Kingo root, and all XDA Developers.
    * insert text

XDA:DevDB Information
    4.3 upgrade, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    faria
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.1
    Based On: Stock Samsung

Version Information

Created 2014-01-04
    Last Updated 2014-01-04
    ... a new app what makes knox 0

Cheers,
    reserved*****
    No It doesn't wipe data, if you got rooted stock It should be fine. Never the less a backup and a wipe is recommended.

Thanks a lot man!

If all is working fine then you don't need to reset.