Easy way to change your bootscreen *Updated 4/11/11* Pushboot 3.0!!!

Search This thread

evanscnce

Feb 6, 2010
Wisconsin
Well, people keep posting in this thread so I figured I would do a very very large update. I know its been 7 months, and for that I apologize, been very busy and this wasn't a priority.

Now, its one version of Pushboot for everyone. Load it up, follow the directions and you should be set.

Remember to start you need:

-HTC Drivers installed

-A working bootanimation.zip

-An mp3 file if you want boot sound

-Your phone plugged in to the usb port (lol)

-Only ONE .zip and/or .mp3 in the folder containing pushboot

Other than that, I included everything needed to make this work.

Any issues let me know and I can try to help you out!

And leave feedback and if you like this, press the thanks button on this post =D

Last edited:

driguez

Oct 8, 2007
O-Town
Re: Easy way to change your bootscreen *updated*

BTW thanks OP, but maybe you should try to post this at the apps / themes board.

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

Last edited by a moderator:

xweaponx

Nov 27, 2007
Personally, I found the batch process that you created very useful. Thank you OP.

Note:

It's a moderator responsibility to exact organization, control & relocation. They are often very busy but fear not, they will manage the forum to better effective.

But for the sake of camaraderie among us phone-lovers, lets not self-deputize ourselves in a moderator capacity. Less than friendly "assistance" can and has deterred others from posting potentially very useful information. Growth excels when we help each other to become better...

p-slim

May 25, 2008
San Jose
I changed PushBoot so everything needed is included.

Basically, upzip, put your zip file (and if you want an mp3 file) into the folder

plug in your phone

open pushboot.bat

follow the prompts

(make sure that when the phone goes into recovery that you wait till it connects to your pc before continuing)

and you should have a custom boot animation and boot sound!

Any problems, let me know

I also included the dancing android bootscreen and the nexus one bootscreen.

i'm fully rooted and this method is not working for me. it doesn't load the sound or the boot animation.

evanscnce

Feb 6, 2010
Wisconsin
well first of all I JUST reuplaoded a new zip, so get that (forgot to hide all the random code)

also, I assume you put an mp3 in the folder right?

and to reboot you have to choose reboot in your recovery on the phone

fastrat350

Sep 6, 2007
well first of all I JUST reuplaoded a new zip, so get that (forgot to hide all the random code)

also, I assume you put an mp3 in the folder right?

and to reboot you have to choose reboot in your recovery on the phone

I cant get mine to work, it placed my boot stuff in the media folder

where does the bootanimation.zip have to be because it keeps saying that it missing. Where does the bootanimation have to be on my computer or sdcard?

evanscnce

Feb 6, 2010
Wisconsin
Re: Easy way to change your bootscreen *updated for fullroot!*

On your computer in the same folder as pushboot.bat is where the bootanimation.zip and SPC_animation_final.mp3 has to be.

c0mputerp0et

Jul 21, 2007
OP ~ Thanks for spending your time putting this script together. I've learned from it. I also showed it to my friend who just picked up an EVO and he's now learned a bit about ADB as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skippy38

Nov 19, 2008
OP you have any composed boot screens we could try out with this trick? I mean I'd like to see if I can follow your steps with a good working bootimg. before I go trying to make some of my own....baby steps for me :D

Also TimD, brother you need to chill out and stop drinking 5 hour energy..... this is the correct place for this post not buried in 700 pages of the detritus that fills most of these threads.

driguez

Oct 8, 2007
O-Town
Re: Easy way to change your bootscreen *updated for fullroot!*

Thanks OP! Will def give it a shot once I get home.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    to get a quiet boot everytime...

some of the tools would only change the boot sound *if* there was an mp3 in the folder to be pushed.. so no mp3 = no change. and some of our custom ROMs have undesired sounds. so this was my solution...

i went into the PushBoot folder and did the following:
    - right click -> New File -> Text Document
    then i renamed that txt document SPC_animation_final.mp3
    it is 0KB in size and thus silent.
    - NOTE: make sure you can see file extensions else this won't work properly. ex: you should see PushBoot.bat (not just PushBoot) and bootanimation.zip (not just bootanimation)
    audio file

Ok guys i have updated the boot image but want to update the file.

Where exactly does the file go?

I placed the bootimage under system/media/ and it worked but now i placed the audio file named SPC_animation_final.mp3 under the same location and it did not work.

please assist.

**update**

I figured it out.

The sound and boot image have to be on "system/media/" but the audio has to be named Android_audio.mp3 for some reason.
    How should phone be connected ? as disk drive, htc sync, or ?

Charging only. Make sure usb debugging is checked.

Sent from my HTC Supersonic